Wolfgang's Character Refresh is Coming Next Week!

16 minutes ago, frogettable said:

I'm also surprised that nobody has considered that this might be a buff? What if Wolfgang ALWAYS has his speed boost instead of taking it away?

If that's the case then Klei is doing a little trolling with these patch notes.

Wolfgang main here. Not thrilled about the mini games or the speed nerf :(

And locking his playability behind a specific consumable/station sounds really scary to me.

I love the old Wolfgang. I don't find him boring at all. It feels like this rework removes his speed, freedom and simplicity to replace it with inventory-hogging consumables, mini games, upkeep stations and gameplay disruptions. :( 

There's a whole lot of negativity on here before numbers and gameplay are even available, so let's all just keep in mind that:

A) the dumbbell could be great. Maybe it has Alarming Clock level damage numbers? Perhaps it's "consumable" in the way that the Morning Star is (pretty likely, actually). 

B) losing speed is a bummer, sure, but to keep that speed up before required constant snacking anyway. Using the dumbbell to maintain mightiness while using a mag and cobblestones for speed during fights like most other characters is still viable for boss fights. 

C) we don't know how quickly mightiness drains, but at least the dumbbell allows you to maintain mightiness away from the structure. The mini game will likely only be necessary occasionally, and depending on cost of the structure, you could just build some in key locations. 

D) his damage will now be consistent in mighty form instead of gradually decreasing as hunger drains. 

E) dumbbell

"Oh no the game is too easy. Klei please help fix this!"
Klei changes how Wolfgang works.
The forums and the office are on fire. People inciting riots.
"Wanda TOO OP" threads turn to "PETITION TO SAVE WOLFGANG :(" threads start popping up.
Forumites emerge from their windowless homes coming to the streets and yelling: "THEY NERFED WOLFGAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!!!" 
While bystanders walk past confused and concerned.
The update is still a week away and everyone's at panic like the world's ending.
There will be so many new gender threads popping up about Wolfgang now I bet.

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

is weird that they remove the speed boost but x6 damage remain xd

Me too if really. Maybe they didn't mention something about it? Cuz that's a big nerf considering that it was part of his power. The two times the damage is great but maybe they're still considering what to do with the speed.

19 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

"Oh no the game is too easy. Klei please help fix this!"
Klei changes how Wolfgang works.
The forums and the office are on fire. People inciting riots.
"Wanda TOO OP" threads turn to "PETITION TO SAVE WOLFGANG :(" threads start popping up.
Forumites emerge from their windowless homes coming to the streets and yelling: "THEY NERFED WOLFGAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!!!" 
While bystanders walk past confused and concerned.
The update is still a week away and everyone's at panic like the world's ending.
There will be so many new gender threads popping up about Wolfgang now I bet.

There is no mistery that these patch notes are bad

oh no, oh no no no. R.I.P classic DS design wolfgang, hello perk soup walter-esk DST wolfgang. Jesus, what a way to go... Yikes wolfgang wasn't even overpowered.

Firstly, what was wrong with the speed boost? this is the most egregious change, i'm sure as any experienced player will admit, speed is a good portion of this game's combat, so naturally a speed boost to the combat-orintated character seems fitting, why change this, because having a 25% conditional speed boost is too OP when newer characters have speed boosts for just being in the right season standing on the right turf or just straight up teleporting to any point anywhere. Secondly, the meter, just why? Why change a simple clean character design into some weird meter based work out thingy, may users in this threat have already pointed out it wont even fit with wolfgangs mighty stomach quotes, it's just complexity for seemingly no reason. Some of the changes sound alright, i agree mighty wolfgang should have the rowing boost and should be unhindered by marble pecies and marble suits, i also agree that wolfgang's current downside was too little, but just increasing the sanity drain is dumb, why not make insanity monsters be immune from from his damage multipliers? Making being insane while mighty not just free nightmare fuel, and being insane while wimpy not take forever to kill. I do like the idea of wolfgang losing less sanity when there are other survivors nearby however, that's a neat thing more for character building, like winnona's free hit from the dark thing 

I think this is all too much, wolfgang was super simple and enjoyable, and didn't change gameplay too much, now not only will being mighty change gameplay even less, but it will be more annyouing and tedious to maintain. Anyway, wanda is the new improved wolfgang now so i expect the wolfgang playerbase to migrate to either wigfrid, wanda or wx as a result of this rework. I hope all the wolfgang OP people are happy.

Look at how they massacred my boy.

2 hours ago, Duck986 said:

image.thumb.png.6bb2946421703eda26caf10f4673132d.png

I've never seen any topic being hot more than three hours after being posted

yeah when klei are essentially removing wolfgang and adding a new called dogcrew  it's gonna be controversial 

1 minute ago, Dr.Medic said:

now i wonder, how will wicker and robo change be? i mean, people talk about how those are the holy 3 or something like that, will we see simmilar changes to these 2 too?

Klei mentioned they were steering away from reworking the holy trinity before, in a screenshot shared by Canis i can no longer locate.

Reason: this thread

You could make it if you train more legs you get like 1.3x speed and 1.8x damage, or train arms and get 2.3x damage and 1.1x speed or something like that, would make playing changing your workout based on what you want, dont know if suggestions are still on time for this refresh.

Archived