Wolfgang's Character Refresh is Coming Next Week!

4 minutes ago, Sweaper said:

Can't he still press F to win though like before?

He can F much better than before as his damage mod is a constant 2x rather than scaling % based on his % hunger.

1 minute ago, Dextops said:

i, in every sense of the term, have no life i will continue this argument as long as crappy arguments/statements are thrown at me

So assuming that he loses his speed boost and nothing can change that, what do you suggest changing about him further?

5 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

He can F much better than before as his damage mod is a constant 2x rather than scaling % based on his % hunger.

So assuming that he loses his speed boost and nothing can change that, what do you suggest changing about him further?

My ideal world would be revert all changes made thus far except small perks like rowing faster and carrying stuff faster and adding team perks but I know that won’t happen but wishful thinking the way this is going down idk how any of this coulD be fixed without doing weeks of work from the klei team

6 minutes ago, Dextops said:

i, in every sense of the term, have no life i will continue this argument as long as crappy arguments/statements are thrown at me

No one has thrown crappy arguments at you, I’m personally just stating facts: The character overview description the week prior to release does not and has never accurately provided details of what all was changed.

Only the actual patch notes do that.. Case in Point: You and I have absolutely no clue what the various levels of “Mighty” can and can not do… So to remove his Speed buff (which isn’t even actually removed because instead of getting slower in Wimpy form now persists across all forms) may actually be to make room for new things he can do.

This Coming Soon overview does not once mention what the sack is Wolfgang lugs around on his back is/is used for.. we won’t know THAT until this Thursday- And THEN Klei will probably tweak him based on Feedback after people have actually PLAYED the changes first.

Since people are talking about giving Wolf a team based perk, I think it would be nice if other characters were able to work out in his gym and gain a temporary 10-15% damage boost that lasts for about a day (maybe depending on how well they do in the minigame?). To avoid abusing this mechanic after a workout session there should be a few days (around 5) cooldown before they can use it again.

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

No one has thrown crappy arguments at you

"Imagine thinking that WOLFGANG doesn't need a nerf lol. I'm sorry that your main isn't going to be AS OP as he previously was, that must be super freaking hard for you guys.

:)"
this argument or statement rather adds nothing and is incorrect with everything that has been happening and has happened around 2 times before in this thread

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The character overview description the week prior to release does not and has never accurately provided details of what all was changed.

for characters more complex than wolfgang knowing wendy has potions (but not knowing what they are) is a lot different than knowing that wolfgangs speedboost (his only perk outside of combat) has been nerfed

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Only the actual patch notes do that.. Case in Point: You and I have absolutely no clue what the various levels of “Mighty” can and can not do… So to remove his Speed buff (which isn’t even actually removed because instead of getting slower in Wimpy form now persists across all forms) may actually be to make room for new things he can do.

but we do know what they can't do and what they can't do is prove their viability outside of combat and because of the vagueness of these patch notes it is entirely in the fault of klei for mishandling them so badly and if they actually expressed what utility the forms give the feedback would still be harsh but less so

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

This Coming Soon overview does not once mention what the sack is Wolfgang lugs around on his back is/is used for..

yes it does though... the heavier the object loaded into it is the more effective the workout will be

anyway must i repeat this again looking at these patch notes nothing and i mean nothing about wolfgangs short comings have been fixed none of them. He still is bad to a team for not providing anything while still eating food. He is still boring and i don't get how having to do the same minigame over and over again to achieve mightyness could be fun. It has added nothing to wolfgang that we don't already know/ has not expanded on him. This was the rework i was most excited for but it seems their trait of listening to the community has become their downfall

Hey everybody

We decided to put out a testing branch for this refresh so we can get your feedback after actually having played the refresh, rather than reacting to speculative feedback. 

While we appreciate the feedback so far, we feel like it would be best to let you see it for yourself before we make any possible adjustments to the refresh. 

A couple things to note here though. As we hadn't intended to put this build out early so there will likely be some bugs or adjustments that still need to be addressed. And, we will need some time to evaluate the feedback that we receive before making adjustments, but we wanted to give you some time over the weekend to check it out. 

To check out the Wolfgang refresh, switch over to the "Public Beta" branch. If you're not familiar with changing branches on Steam, check out this support topic: https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029557332-How-to-change-branches-in-Don-t-Starve-Together-Steam-

Well yes it was really unique when as wolfgang, you wanted to get rid of your 20% sword and it just happened that you were chased by 20 splumonkeys. So you would grab 2 3 lichen to go above 285 hunger and proceed to 1 shot 2 or 3 monkeys at a time after having synched their attacks.

That was epic.

Or grabbing a few carrots and berries in the grassland in order to 1 shot ice hounds when hearing the barking of incoming winter hounds.

It’s always been so satisfying to harvest and eat a blue cap or lichen as wolfgang when you know you have to time it right because it is linked to your combat abilities.

This will be the dynamic/adventurous aspect of wolfgang which will be thrown out the window if klei goes along with it: grabbing tiny bits of food here and there in the wilderness so that you can make your way through the horde of vicious mobs

Will it seriously revolve around setting up a proper gym and eating food IN ORDER TO WORK OUT. Really?

Please Klei do not remove the wolfgang we used to know, I beg you. This is NOT who you are. You’re being led astray by the treacherous wanda/wigfrid crowd which will find any - seemingly fair but deeply fallacious - pretext to bury wolfgang in a most farcical and humiliating fashion.

We are witnessing a literal coup attempt directed at Wolfgang the Mighty, veteran of the Constant!

Wolfgang mains of the world, unite !

wolfdoom-final.jpg

3 hours ago, Dextops said:

what dynamic downside was added other than artificial nerfs? his scaredy cat trait is still underutilized

The whole weight management thing. Sacrifice time and resources now for saved time and resources later. Tho I agree he should have more significant sanity penalties.

yeah...

i was right with my assumptions. The minigame is pretty boring and tedious the speed boost being completely gone has made it so hes limited to combat. the regular weight is too slow and useless and the gem weight is faster but durability is still a problem. He has no team perks yes he can throw the dumbbell but it ruins the durablity of it and its not that good aoe... i was really hoping i was wrong and it'd be good but alas to no avail

also idk if this is a bug but the timing is pretty jank

Archived