Wolfgang's Character Refresh is Coming Next Week!

I have so many questions and no one but Klei can possibly answer them.

Wolfgang now has different LEVELS of Mightiness (confirmed by doing good or bad at the Mini-Game) but… what does that do for him in Gameplay besides determine how fast the mighty wears off?

Will he be able to be even stronger then he already was (is supposed to be mightiest after all..) AND gain some cool chopping, mining, etc perks while in Mightier strengths?

Does the craftable Dumbell only work for Wolfgang or can ANYONE use it?? (It says it’s a Melee Weapon..) and if they can use it does it boost their damage output?

As a Wendy Main- I love that Abigail’s Petal Buff allows other players to benefit from that De-Buff she applies to enemies.. I love TEAM WORK..

And I was hoping Wolfgang would have a little more of it, even WES has decent-ish team based craftables now.

Since Wolfgang no longer becomes slower when in Puny form.. will playing “Puny Wolfgang” have any advantages? It has some clear disadvantages (getting hot/cold faster..) but is there ever any reason I will WANT to be Puny??

And the teaser image “Sack” the heck is that about?

So many questions!

I feel like Klei not releasing some sort of beta for the character reworks is a massive missed opportunity. The whole point of them is get playerbase feedback to make the update as good as it can possibly get. Why don't they do these with character refreshes? A lot of people are disappointed with what the rework sounds like it's going to be, but I feel like a lot of this disappointment could have been avoided if they had some sort of beta and actively searched for player feedback.

39 minutes ago, ZolaRay03 said:

tedious

The word “tedious” has lost all meaning because of this thread. Please, explain to me how crafting tabs make the game more “tedious”. I’m dying to understand your thought process behind this bold statement, as I really just do not understand it at all.

I feel the uncontrollable urge to remind everyone that this is only the “Coming Next Week” Post-And full character details are NEVER Revealed in the coming next week post..

Here: The Wendy Main in me will enlighten you all.

This says a bunch of stuff about Wendy’s rework- but it does NOT explain what ANY of the Ectoherbology potions actually do… nor does it explain that Abigail now provides Infinite Free Light if you keep her Healthy.. OR that she’s has a Craftable Sisturn to speed up Abigail’s blooming stages.. no: That post would be This one-

which includes the actual PATCH NOTES for all the changes to the game.

So please, Keep Calm and wait till THURSDAY to find out what all he actually Does/Doesn’t Do..

That is all Thanks, :) #WendyMain.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

But- If he did higher Damage without the Speed the trade off is still roughly the same- it will obviously require more skill- and easy dodge kiting is gone… but that higher damage- if your good you’ll still be good.

No it’s not an even trade off because idk how to stress this enough his combat perks are situational for boss combat/rushing his speed is better than a beefalo early game because the beefalo still bucks you off forever for Wolfgang you can just easily eat food and keep going

1 hour ago, EATZYOWAFFLEZ said:

Awww Wolfgang mains lost their easy mode? Now they'll actually have to play a dynamic character with downsides? ;(

what dynamic downside was added other than artificial nerfs? his scaredy cat trait is still underutilized

10 minutes ago, Waynel said:

R.I.P my man, you died young. 2013 - 2021. Also who's gonna do the sickest boss speedrun before that rework finally kicks in ?

guess I have a week to do sub 1 hour fuelweaver lol

I'll probably keep playing old wolf with a mod though

Keeping this brief, but I want to voice my frustration with the speed nerf here. A lot of what is discussed in the patch notes I think we have to wait until Thursday to get a feel for how the character will play. The might meter and interaction with hunger actually sounds kind of fun it the tuning is proper. However, the speed buff in might form is a big part of what made wolfgang, wolfgang. He's losing a ton of utility from this, and honestly I'm worried that it'll make the character more of a novelty rather than one that's useful in boss rushing. I'm afraid these might be my last few days to enjoy wolfgang. I hope I won't be mourning his loss next week.

Please Klei, reconsider the speed nerf.

Edit - I didn't mean to just sound dramatic here. I love wolfgang today, and the flavor coming in this rework sounds great. The way he plays today feels really good. I love to boss rush with him in the first 100 days of a new world. To me, I'm worried that Klei is taking away one of my favorite experiences in the game.

The point of charactres rework - better team interaction and better adjustement to DST (rather than DS, this includes new content) - seems to be forgotten here, since nothing from announcement post addresses lack of Wolfgang's team interaction. My suggestion is simple: make mighty Wolfgang be able no knock down regular mobs and push bosses on the verge of melee range, as well as make all entities around mighty Wolfgang work faster (stacking with honey spice).

5 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

Imagine thinking that WOLFGANG doesn't need a nerf lol. I'm sorry that your main isn't going to be AS OP as he previously was, that must be super freaking hard for you guys.

:)

lmao maybe edgy rick was right all along

5 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

Imagine thinking that WOLFGANG doesn't need a nerf lol. I'm sorry that your main isn't going to be AS OP as he previously was, that must be super freaking hard for you guys.

:)

none of the complaints have anything to do with wolfgang being op its so annoying seeing people repeat this over and over to worth while criticism what has happened is that they decided to not make him any more fun and remove his most valuable upside that had something to do outside of combat and then decided to add no team perks which was the thing he needed the most. He still eats more food than others he is still useless to a team even more so and he is still boring as usual stop trying to bring balance in a game which does not need it in the slightest the character having fun should have the highest priority over anything

second point. Wolfgang does not need a nerf in the slightest nor do i think any character does not just because this game should keep balance a second priority but because character choice is not a big decision in how good you will be playing your skill determines that, and if a nerf is done well then sure it can exist but for wolfgang its nothing but artificial. His speed boost is gone with nothing to replace it. His mightyness is now behind a crafting structure and a minigame that will assure you become bored in a short while.

this is not only directed to you but for everyone in this thread who thinks this way. This criticism and most of this criticism is because how poorly designed this all sounds not because he isn't as strong as he used to be what makes us disappointed is lack of the things wolfgang needed and needless other stuff. All past reworks have made characters more generalized which is a good thing this rework seems to have done the opposite for the sake of balance and the holy council of people who don't play wolfgang yet want to decide whats best for him

21 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

This sounds exciting- kinda surprised they removed his 2x speed buff though.. Was also hoping for at least one or two Team based perks.

The less damage to shadows when no other players are around is the closest we get to a team perk. Wonder if the craftable Dumbell (which can also be used as a Melee Weapon) can be given to other player to increase their damage or if- like Walters Slingshots.. it’ll be a Wolfgang Exclusive item.

Also that new skin.. FINALLY a String of Christmas lights.

But what is it a skin for?? 

Hide contents

Pig house? Bunny House? Wurt Merm House? Maybe it’s an entirely new structure altogether?! :D 

It is definitely a bunnyman hutch! You can clearly see it as it has dirt at the bottom and seems to be burried into the ground like the bunnyman hutch is :)

You must’ve completely ignored my post showing where the “Coming Next Week” teaser description & actual game patch notes are different right?

Because I showed a clear example with Wendy, AND I can do it again with Webbers if you really need me to.. Webbers “Coming Next Week” post did not include details about the most important part of that update- Spider Queens now having a new AoE healing type Spider.

So please stop your whining until AFTER you’ve played Thursdays update/ Read the patch notes and not a brief teaser overview.

Pretty sure Klei has their reason for the speed Nerf, and Day 1 Beefalo Mount would be my reason.

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

You must’ve completely ignored my post showing where the “Coming Next Week” teaser description & actual game patch notes are different right?

Because I showed a clear example with Wendy, AND I can do it again with Webbers if you really need me to.. Webbers “Coming Next Week” post did not include details about the most important part of that update- Spider Queens now having a new ApE healing type Spider.

So please stop your whining until AFTER you’ve played Thursdays update/ Read the patch notes and not a brief teaser overview.

Pretty sure Klei has their reason for the speed Nerf, and Day 1 Beefalo Mount would be my reason.

People are entitled to an opinion and to make a judgement based on the info Klei has released. It's quite possible some of those changes post announcement for the other characters were in response to feedback on the announcement. Please stop trying to demean and silence us.

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Because I showed a clear example with Wendy, AND I can do it again with Webbers if you really need me to.. Webbers “Coming Next Week” post did not include details about the most important part of that update- Spider Queens now having a new AoE healing type Spider.

no

1 minute ago, chaosmonkey said:

People are entitled to an opinion and to make a judgement based on the info Klei has released. It's quite possible some of those changes post announcement for the other characters were in response to feedback on the announcement. Please stop trying to demean and silence us.

Except.. no- people actually got those other updates in their hands and had it for a week or two and Klei made those changes based on feedback AFTER the content was played..

They shouldn’t take feedback now, until we experience how it works.

Wendys Rework (cough cough)

3 minutes ago, Sweaper said:

Am I missing something what downsides did he get?

he didn't really get a new downside which is the dumbest part of this statement he just got one of his perks nerfed and his unnoticeable downside is still unnoticeable 

Archived