Wolfgang's Character Refresh is Coming Next Week!

also my other point of him still being the same just a lot more tedious and unfun was true sadly... (for me at least)

2 minutes ago, EATZYOWAFFLEZ said:

Also weak form is more susceptible to temperature

that seems more like a flavour perk than a meaningful downside more negligible than his sanity downside

Some notes

He can' really use the dumbbells as weapons because of the durability, you can kill some birds throwing the weapon tho, but even if you miss he wastes durability

It seems like the pig bag and marble armor don't slow him down at mighty form

He needs to cast for a looooong time to get mighty, unless you use gems or stay close to a stationary machine

He can maintain his mightiness even hungry so that's probably a good thing? He now can have x2 damage all the time but there's no way you can get mighty again if you lose it during a boss fight.

He have a unique sound when he's hungry coming for his bigg belly

Thanks Joe for the early build. Had a chance to check it out, and my main impression is that it's actually easier to maintain his mighty form than in the past, but now it's only for the 2x damage. I'd personally prefer a bit more challenge to keep him mighty while increasing the upside (keeping the speed boost) so that the character doesn't lose part of what made him special and valuable.

One bug I noticed was that carrying the marble minotaur statue turned it invisible. Unsure if this affected other statues.

1 minute ago, Mantispidae said:

Start some real spice and make the wimpy form the only one that gets the speed boost. Shedding all that extra weight! 

That's what I've been saying! Why not explore his wimpy side and make Wolfgang more dynamic? Instead you get punished.

I went to test the new wolf, I can only say that I hope that in the future klei in the update of the character can be the same as the update of the game content to open the test server, so that players to provide effective feedback to help improve, rather than wait until after the official release of the update.Now it looks like wolf is a disaster.

2 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

That's what I've been saying! Why not explore his wimpy side and make Wolfgang more dynamic? Instead you get punished.

This, I can’t play the beta branch but defiantly this- if he hits weaker, freezes & overheats faster while Wimpy, what would be the Benefit of going Wimpy? It’s all downsides and no actual perk while in Wimpy mode.. if the intention of reworks were to make characters easier to pick up.. play and enjoy without all the downsides getting in the way this was a really weird change.

I played the beta. I like the gym mechanic, the minigame should be a  neat extra feature, not the whole determinant factor. 

But i don't know how to feel about the dumbbells... I just don't think it will be worth it to use them in a combat scenario. Why not make a crock-pot recipe exclusive to Wolfgang? Like a protein shake or protein bar, with different levels of efectiveness... Like make the bar cheaper but only filling 10 of mightyness, and make the shake use electric milk and fill like 30-50 of mightyness

12 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I popped it up originally as a joke... but honestly I think this would be the only way I'd want him to get a speed perk!

I think it works with the concept of a scaredy cat strongman too. Lost all your bulk and power? Well now you can flee better! Run back to base before the temperature gets you! Get away from the big scary monsters! (ooooor... stay in fight given now that your stats are more equalized- better dodging or better tanking. Theres some variety in what skill you break out) But the idea of the big buff guy losing his beef and instead getting the ability to run from his problems better gives me a good laugh. More cartoony

Really disappointing, they took everything i thought was bad or non-sense and made it true, i don't think it surprises anyone that standing still working out isn't fun at all and turns out carrying marble pieces isn't that useful too. But people suggested that so many times that the devs must have started believing that was fun probably lol

Even the huge potato sack is disappointing, it's not even a craft or anything at all, literally you create the stationary machine with rocks and potatoes appears for thin air.

It seems a lot of people miss his speed boost, i really do believe that he should keep some speed boost for either his mighty form, (which would be better for kiting) or wimpy form (makes sense for the scared person to run away faster).

Wolfgang needs his speed boost, i have become a Wanda main recently yet i still believe Wolfgang mains deserve justice for what they have lost. You already took a their 100 extra hunger and health away from them. at least let them keep their speed.

Edit:Typos

the mini game isn't fun, neither is standing still working out. I'll stick to classic ds wolfgang if this rework doesn't change at all. Also you can burn the mini game machine thing. But that doesn't really break it just put the potato sacks back on and it magically gets reappears. This is probably my least favorite rework but eh, I have faith that Klei will fix it.

1 minute ago, DavePlaysDST said:

it seems a lot of people kiss his speed boost, i really do believe that he shpuld keep some speed boost for either his mighty form (which would be better for kiting) or wimpy form (makes sense for the scared person to run away faster)

wolfgang needs his speed boost, i have become a wanda main yet i still believe wolfgang mains deserve justice for what they have lost. you already took a their 100 extra hunger and health away from them. at least let them keep their speed.

As a longtime wolfgang player this is what ive wanted for years, it'd make him a lot more interesting if his different forms excelled at different areas. Right now hes structured as if not starving is a struggle (which it isn't anymore), and I think giving people a reason to go to his other forms would make him a lot more interesting, like for exploration you want to be wimpy to go fast, but not immediately shove your face full of food to be mighty always because you want that speed boost back when youre done so you just go to around 130 hunger to deal with the fight then go back to exploring, and I think making him slower in mighty form, but ignoring all speed downs (like carrying pieces or wearing marble suit) would be a good alternative to make it so you only go mighty for fighting or moving things because being slightly slower would always want to be avoided, and the only way to balance a huge 2x damage boost would be to make it so you get less hits in because you're slower.

i've seen alot of posts talking about how wimpy wolfgang should have a speed boost, and to that i agree.

not only would it just be funny, but it could make his combat more interesting, if somehow you could control it.

imagine fighting bq, tanking it with mighty, until the bee charge comes in, you use whatever thing or item that makes you wimpy and run real quick.

it would give players a reason to use his other forms, because you want to know what form would be best for this situation and make people think: "Do i want to be fast, or do i want to be strong?" 

of course the middle ground would be y'know, average wolfgang.

let me know what you think.

Archived