An Eye for An Eye - Crossover Event Available Now!

Honestly I'm really Glad that this Crossover even got to Happen, little me Would have been foaming at the mouth to see my Two Favorite Nostolgic games having such an amazing Crossover together, an important question I'm curious about this event if This will be a Permanent inclusion to the game or not? Usually Terraria keeps its Easter eggs in the game but this is Quite new Territory for Don't starve in General. So Will this be a Permanent inclusion To Don't starve or just an Event? The way of finding the Terrarium makes it sound Permanent which is cool.

• Developer
5 minutes ago, Snugrugbug said:

I've logged in but I haven't gotten the chest

Can you try logging in again? Our database was a little slow to catch up to the surge in traffic, but it's scaling up now, so if you try again you should get it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

This looks amazing, though is there no option to buy all the new skins? I might've just missed it but I can't tell

You know what, scratch that. I actually really respect you aren't using this crossover as an excuse to make a ton of extra money from the skins

• Like 4
  • Sad Dupe 1

One question though- does that make the whole Terraria thing, and Wortox going to their universe a canon thing that happened in the game? Is this whole thing a side event for us playing or is it an actual thing that happened in the world of Don't Starve?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wow this is actually quite nice. Congratulations to all the staff at Klei & Re-Logic for this Cross-Over content, can’t wait to dive in whenever it goes live for Xbox.

You poor soul, why do you still suffer with consoles?

• Shopcat 1

Mask Hat that you get from new boss is armor that has same absorption and durability as football hat that can be repaired with food (4 health + 1,75 hunger points). If only it didn't break and stayed when run out of durability like bone armor does.

Shield of terror is hand slot item that deals same damage as tentacle spike and has same absorption as wood armor. At last a repairable mid-tier weapon, definitely superior to hambat. Also breaks when fully used :(

Also, both hunger and health are treated as absolute values, so rot is very good way to repair those items (probably the best).  Raw monster meat and raw red/blue caps restore a lot of durability because of their health effect.

Edited by shadowDigga
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, BezKa said:

One question though- does that make the whole Terraria thing, and Wortox going to their universe a canon thing that happened in the game? Is this whole thing a side event for us playing or is it an actual thing that happened in the world of Don't Starve?

Silly goose- we all know that Wortox is not canon to the DST story plot, and if he is seen in the short.. well ;) 

(I hope it is canon actually- shorts pretty darn cool)

Not gonna lie Terraria side of the crossover is looking bit better than DST side.

As fan of both i am both happy and sad.

Also damn it Mike you called it they did add Survival mode (sort of) to Terraria :wilson_laugh:

Edited by ALCRD
  • Shopcat 1
  • Potato Cup 1

8 minutes ago, Xanadu2003 said:

image.thumb.png.ad4815f0c9e368d3e79a69c18d96afc6.png
All my spools, 20k and yet still not enough :( how will i live not having every skin in the game for a few months

Weaving all new items will cost you 32400 spools.

Unraveling old elegant quality items will give you 450 spools each (one third of a new elegant, that is). Unraveling an "The Essential" quality item will give you 900 spools, which seems to be the most (playable characters like Walter and Wortox have this quality).

Also, you can trade 4000 reward points for 1500 spools.

Happy weaving!

omg, I loveeeee these new skins  ! !

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Not gonna lie Terraria side of the crossover is looking bit better than DST side.

As fan of both i am both happy and sad.

Also damn it Mike you called it they did add Survival mode (sort of) to Terraria :wilson_laugh:

I knew the moment I played Terraria and was able to have 99x torches but they never died without a light or I could just wall myself behind blocks and never worry about Starvation that those mechanics would have to be brought to Terraria for anyone who plays DS to feel at home in that game, so I’m really really glad those features got added to Terraria, on the DST side of things lots of cool skins and a creepy floating eyeball pet. I like the Eyeball pet.. Good-Bye Glom Glom. Hello Eyeball.

• GL Happy 1