An Eye for An Eye - Crossover Event Available Now!

Pretty awesome little content update, much more substantial than I expected with two quite significant items that improve the quality of life a lot -> fixable armors and a hand slot armor is a dream come true, really neat concepts. The bosses are also well implemented; pretty genious to have a simple boss for a simple reward but also the option to challenge yourself for the hard variant, both representing two pretty significant bosses in terraria. The way it connects to the story is very cool too- the playful imp steals a terrarium from another dimension, unleashing a terrorising foe, which can be corrupted using nightmare fuel of the constant.

The new food items are quite basic and limited but are welcome nevertheless. Finally 1 meat + 3 ice has been given some variety.

26 belonging skins is huge, with many items getting skins for the first time. The amount of belongings here are only matched by the belongings added back in the year of the carrat. Some of these skins are exceptionally awesome. I don't agree with some of my fellow players that this breaks the DST immersion; I think the crossover was handled quite well within the artistic integrity of DST while paying ample homage to the game we are referencing. It's also great that a sister game has a pretty significant DST presence now

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

why the twins of terror leave when the night ends?

In Terraria both bosses (Twins and Eye) can only be summoned during the night and leave if it turns day. I'm assuming this probably a homage to that mechanic of the game, though apparently health is maintained when the bosses return in DST or so I've heard?

Edited by l0rdgumby
Specified that health is maintained when the boss comes back in DST
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, l0rdgumby said:

In Terraria both bosses (Twins and Eye) can only be summoned during the night and leave if it turns day. I'm assuming this probably a homage to that mechanic of the game, though apparently health is maintained when the bosses return in DST or so I've heard?

oh i see, i didnt play that much terraria so i was confusing if it was a bug or not

thanks!

edit: btw the fights are so fun and the desings so cool. I really like "bullet hell" bosses in dst, makes kiting way more fun

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sub-Maxwell said:

Does the terrarium retrofit into existing worlds? I have a great world going but I want to know if I need to restart to get the new content

It does, I found the chest in an old world, although it wasn't surrounded by evil flowers and nothing burst into flames when I opened the chest.

• Big Ups 2

19 hours ago, JoeW said:

Exclusive to the "An Eye for an Eye" update, these skins are definitely out of this world. 

ac62c912f76c757f6bb2c66049194ac3c15573aa

What does this phrase mean? Does this mean that we can only use these skins during the event or that we can only get them during the event?The Eye of Cthulhu and other items from Terraria will remain in Constant forever or only for a certain time

1 minute ago, Deerclops Mika said:

What does this phrase mean? Does this mean that we can only use these skins during the event or that we can only get them during the event?The Eye of Cthulhu and other items from Terraria will remain in Constant forever or only for a certain time

everything will stay forever. you can choose if you want the set piece to spawn or not with the world gen settings

idk why theyy wrote it in that way when they confirmed that everything stays xD

• Like 1

anyone a bit disappointed with the new weapon? sure, it's great it has armor and can be refilled but low damage means there is almost no incentive to use it

i would've liked it had a bonus over living (meat) creatures or something, it would've been in line with the other attributes

1 hour ago, reallychina said:

anyone a bit disappointed with the new weapon? sure, it's great it has armor and can be refilled but low damage means there is almost no incentive to use it

Tentacle spike damage (perhaps even more doe to the slight faster hit speed) is not "low damage" by any metric. And in general it's better if weapons don't get the "ultimate weapon" status as that'd make others obsolete; there are always caveats- dark swords, glass cutters, Strident tridents and morning stars offer the highest melee damage with limitations or drawbacks.

Shield is pretty great overall, offering the second highest tier of melee damage AND reparability AND passive armor

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Tentacle spike damage (perhaps even more doe to the slight faster hit speed) is not "low damage" by any metric. And in general it's better if weapons don't get the "ultimate weapon" status as that'd make others obsolete; there are always caveats- dark swords, glass cutters, Strident tridents and morning stars offer the highest melee damage with limitations or drawbacks.

Shield is pretty great overall, offering the second highest tier of melee damage AND reparability AND passive armor

not asking for ultimate weapon, just saying it is not so good as a weapon, there is no situation in which you want it over a ham bat, dark sword or cutter

if it had some bonus damage on mobs that drop meat (cause you refuel with meat), it would've been nice to use

21 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Honestly it’s arguably the best general use weapon that exists, realistically you dont want to farm nightmare fuel 24/7 to use a dark sword all the time, nor do you want to use all your pigskin for hambats (and saving on helmets too) you’ll still need those for boss fights. It doesnt spoil, its refuelable, even if it didnt give armor itd be worth using just so youd always have a weapon ready to use. But it does give armor, so use it with a thulecite crown to effectively double the crowns durability, or use it alone so you can have a temperature regulating or sanity restoring hat on. Its a godsend for walter, no helmet means pioneer hat. No helmet also means enlightened crown without giving up your backpack. The things only downside is being slightly less damage, but its use cases are far reaching. The only thing i wouldnt 1000% use this for is bosses. And thats just because i dont want it getting destroyed. If they make it reach 0 and stay then im taking it for anything short of a raid boss.

• Like 6

After killing the new boss theres not really much left to this update, all the skins are cool but I would’ve loved a completely optional world Gen toggle where it opens up a rift in the sky and pour out the suspicious peepers without the boss. There’s a Terraria World Gen setting- can we make that an actual thing? 

like sort of a Hound/Bat Wave attack but with peepers. I really don’t want to have to summon the boss itself to fight these cute little guys.

On the Terraria side of the update- I think them getting Lucy Axe, Glommer, Chester and Abigail & all new dying at night time without light source or hunger mechanics is crazy cool.

Killing the bosses in DST drop a pretty cool mask and shield that can be fed food to repair it but once you have those items Theres little incentivize to continue to fight them.

Unless I’m missing some bigger picture?

Edited by Mike23Ua

44 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Unless I’m missing some bigger picture?

nope except that you might repeat the fight in case you let the weapon and helmet broke, other than that the update was 2 bosses, a variety of set pieces for the terrarium and the skins

atleast the items are cool (twins loot is kinda underwhelming for such bullet hell fight..), the fights are fun, the skins are cool as always and is good to see that klei is paying attention to our demands of having more set pieces like in DS
pretty much what we should expected