Wanda info video

A Klei ambassador has made a video showing everything about Wanda's gameplay, and I think she looks fascinating.

What are everyone else's thoughts? Now that we know more about her, will you buy/weave her? I'm very interested in all of her interactions with other players; being able to teleport other people places is an amazing power.

I think she's way too weak. Why would anyone ever play as such a worthless character? I think at minimum she should have 4x speed and 4x damage at all times. And instead of that weird aging mechanic she just should have c_supergodmode(). Then she'd still be a pretty weak character but at least she'd be playable.

I think the less health (or time) she has, the more damage she deals mechanic makes her a pretty good risk-reward character. Except... you can just revive almost infinitely with your Second Life Watch. Why can you just craft multiple watches to bypass the cooldown? I don't even want to mention Wormhole and Wormhole Together watches. Her watches really REAAALLY need some tuning.

She seems really strong if you have the skill for it, definitely not a beginner friendly character but that's pretty awesome. I could easily see myself playing her with some friends to save their butts, and to watch one of them not make it through my portal in time to get to base lol. For that reason, if you're playing with friends it may be useful to carry a Pan Flute for emergencies so that they have enough time to jump through your portal before the mobs wake up. Although I think just by looking at her in the video, people should probably jump faster into it if It only lasts 10 seconds.

Bye Bye Wortox.

Bye Bye Wolfgang.

Uhm.. watching this video Wanda uses the mechanics Wendy used to have- but she’s also ridiculously over powered with all her Abilities- I wouldn’t even call her a Glass Canon type character.. she has too many methods of traveling through time and also self revival after dying.

Izanami is my favorite character in Smite- The closer she gets to dying the more damage her attacks deal- it’s a pretty simple Concept.. Except Izanami is actually in serious danger of one mistake & she’s as good as dead.

What we see here with Wanda, is the ability to personally control how old she is, WHERE she is standing, and When she is revived.. That’s not really a Glass Canon Character.. But I’m pretty sure they will tweak/nerf her as they feel it’s required.

And if not- I predict Wanda will be the only character anyone ever plays from now on.

26 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

She seems really strong if you have the skill for it, definitely not a beginner friendly character

She seems like a rather beginner friendly character to me. Sure she cannot heal with food or sleeping but her but she has infinite healing based on a cooldown. Plus she has no max health penalty mechanic for getting resurrected by a telltale heart or washing ashore. For most novices that will be easier than cullinary knowhow, agricultural knowhow, hunting materials for tent or crafting many healing items. After all with a football helmet she only ages 5 years from a deerclops strike and 1-2 year with a marble suit.

5 minutes ago, Just-guy said:

I think the Second Chance watch should be one-time use like most of the revival methods.

for its price and competing items, it's pretty much the only good thing about it. I'd argue it's cooldown is a little bit too fast (2 minutes? you can basically keep starving and resurrecting with it infinitely without delay), it should be at least a day or even longer. Shortest, it should be like warly's spice effects.

As a wormwood main, I'm salty.

WoRMWooD HaS SPeEd he DOsnT NEed A DaMAGe BuFf

Wanda just teleports and has a far better darksword. Wow... Ok.

On the plus side

This character is a great reward for skilled players. Things that usually are just a waste time and aren't hard to do are even easier.

-Easy to acquire weapon

- High damage

- Easy to acquire healing

- Fast traveling (I wonder if Klei forgot that the Lazy deserter exists and is still useless in solo play)

The complexity of this character makes the other characters look boring in comparison though.... I don't think Ill be a Wormwood main for very long. Sorry Wormwood, Wanda is just better than you for no reason in every way.

Except for living logs I guess, but then they gave her an extremely great weapon for no reason.

Ugh, I'm so confused. I love her and I hate her at the same time. 

I dont really understand why she needed to hit like a truck with her own unique refuelable pseudo ranged weapon on top of all her intricate time travelling/space warping abilities. That aspect is what pushes her over the top in my opinion. But whatever :roll: im sure a lot of ppl will have fun playing as her 

Very cool. But sounds exclusively like a character for professional players only that have combat mechanics down and possibly can traverse the ruins early with ease. With right balancing I think she could be a cool character for both relatively new and older players (even if the character isn't entirely free). I assume that just like for Wormwood and the health bar, Wanda won't lose age when healing. Does armor still help keep her from aging so much when hit? If not that will be incredibly difficult to play until you get your hands on the Second Chance watch (or likely also fill your inventory with other Ageless Watches just to restore health), though most of the crafting costs and machines needed have not been specified in this video.

There is a little more missed opportunity in the game with her character I think. The idea of teleporting mobs, even bosses in a local area or stopping/trapping them in time, or moving them back/forth through time would have been cooler than just a whip-lash watch as a weapon. Melee combat focus is overdone by this point I think and there are so many more interesting things that could make combat overall much more different. Why not make her feel more like a time wizard in combat just as she is in travel? Vast majority of players cannot and will not learn melee combat on their own anyway because there is no natural guidance in game for it (which Klei absolutely needs to address, maybe if they ever decide to do a little overhauling of the combat system entirely). Characters that move entirely away from that more or entirely would be very much welcomed.

58 minutes ago, ZombieDupe said:

Very cool. But sounds exclusively like a character for professional players only that have combat mechanics down and possibly can traverse the ruins early with ease. With right balancing I think she could be a cool character for both relatively new and older players (even if the character isn't entirely free). I assume that just like for Wormwood and the health bar, Wanda won't lose age when healing. Does armor still help keep her from aging so much when hit? If not that will be incredibly difficult to play until you get your hands on the Second Chance watch (or likely also fill your inventory with other Ageless Watches just to restore health), though most of the crafting costs and machines needed have not been specified in this video.

There is a little more missed opportunity in the game with her character I think. The idea of teleporting mobs, even bosses in a local area or stopping/trapping them in time, or moving them back/forth through time would have been cooler than just a whip-lash watch as a weapon. Melee combat focus is overdone by this point I think and there are so many more interesting things that could make combat overall much more different. Why not make her feel more like a time wizard in combat just as she is in travel? Vast majority of players cannot and will not learn melee combat on their own anyway because there is no natural guidance in game for it (which Klei absolutely needs to address, maybe if they ever decide to do a little overhauling of the combat system entirely). Characters that move entirely away from that more or entirely would be very much welcomed.

Armor does work for her for now but until the nerfs come I feel like she'll be the next Wendy considering the moment she gets her second chance watch to win the game which is probaly the best way to put it.

1 hour ago, Mysterious box said:

Wanda is a cool character no doubt but she is the most outrageously op character I've ever seen in a video game that wasn't modded so I'm torn I'll no doubt play her but man... even if you make it so she can only have 1 of each watch she's still far too good.

Yes... Klei is definitely on to something very cool, but Wanda in the video comes off as overpowered. Imagine players who have been playing her for a while and not just a demonstration video. They will wreck most bosses without effort. That is perhaps not a gap a new character should fill to make the game better overall. But, with some tweaks Wanda is a great concept and character.

The only things that looks really off is the movement speed when she turns old. If anything she should walk slower at a higher age (that might even make things more balanced, and adhere to the glass cannon qualities of the character).

She is interesting, that's for sure; but seems more like a Princess Musha 2.0 Steam Workshop OP mod. Kinda puts to shame the other characters in enough departments. At least in a numerical and ideal conditions environment. Remains to be seen how she fairs the madness of pubs, but clearly is superior to rest of cast. And I don't know how to feel about this.. and general direction of DST.

She looks like a really interesting character. I would have liked to see some actual downsides. Armor not protecting I think would be a good/interesting one. Also (if she doesn't already) maybe gain some age every time she uses one of her clocks.

As others have stated giving her a weapon does seem a bit odd, but that's something I'll want to try before making any final judgements. I'll probably end up liking it,

Archived