Wanda info video

1 minute ago, Well-met said:

Same for most characters?

yeah but doesn't she effectively have a huge passive damage resistance? Puts wig's to shame.

what stops wigfrid to use a night armor and get even more resistance? talking about wigfrid, if we compare, i see wigfrid stronger than this character so if we are ok with wx, wigfrid, wendy and wolfgag why a character that needs to be at 1 hit (or just you forgeting about your age) to be special is questioned to be op?

7 minutes ago, Well-met said:

yeah but doesn't she effectively have a huge passive damage resistance? Puts wig's to shame

She essentially has the same effective health as most other characters.

Yes she only takes one year for each 2.5 damage, but she also has 60 years of life, equating to 150 effective health.

13 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

After everyone tries her out and the hype is gone I’m sure she’ll be used mostly as much as Wormwood or Wortox or any other DLC character is used.

I would say it will be an interesting reverse Wortox situation, at least in some way. She has a super difficult early game due to the ageless watch being the only way to heal (other then the Infinite resurrections of the second chance watch, but I also imagine that’s probably getting adjusted), an alright midgame once you get some of her gadgets up, and an exceptional lategame once you have enough tusks to just warp wherever you need.

Personally, I think that’s neat. I like seeing a Megabaser oriented character. You can certainly overcome the downside, and her upsides are incredible if you put in the effort to do so.

23 minutes ago, Hornete said:

She essentially has the same effective health as most other characters.

Yes she only takes one year for each 2.5 damage, but she also has 60 years of life, equating to 150 effective health.

I remember hearing the 7 years she reduces with her ageless watch is the equivalent of a 20hp heal, is that correct?

I think the revive clock of power should instead revive you for 2 minutes only. (Given you dont die in that time) Then it would have a 2 day cooldown. 2 minutes can do alot given the time. Perhaps making a permanent way to res yourself like a ammi. Also would make sense to do such because having time reversed before you die wouldn't stop it forever.(I'm hopeful for them to be rollback the character theres still a chance.)

4 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

For those saying “omg OP nerf” let’s think about her in a more general way:

-She has no gathering, or food making perks.

-According to what was shown on streams her perks are incompatible with beefalos, so if you want to play the beefalo way she’s just a Wilson that constantly loses health.

-She has no AOE attacks, area denial, special minions or crowd control perks.

-She won’t heal outside of using her watches, this means no food, jellybeans, sleeping, Wortox souls, nothing helps you. And healing entirely is somewhat of a con.

-If you want to take full advantage of her super damage you’ll die in 2-3 hits even with armor, or simply by forgetting about time passage and dying of old age. So I highly doubt everyone will go this route.

She’s a combat oriented hyper-mobile single-Target glass cannon character. It would seem to me that if you only think of her pros you forget about everything else. Despite a few values with the uncharged weapon and the revive tool, she seems pretty balanced. The self long distance teleports and the possibility to chain moving across the map will make a great addition too.

After everyone tries her out and the hype is gone I’m sure she’ll be used mostly as much as Wormwood or Wortox or any other DLC character is used.

-The beefalo point applies to every

-Most characters lack gathering also she has the ultimate gathering perk for resources that can't be relocated.

-she can't heal outside of watches but this shouldn't be a big problem to anyone who doesn't face tank everything

-only one character has a aoe attack and I don't see anything preventing her from using non character specific followers

-i feel like her dark armor 95% damage reduction and self sustaining life giving amulet more than make up for it and make it near impossible to consider her a glass cannon

- I don't think anyone has a issue with her teleporting abilities(from what I've seen atleast) edit: (I stand corrected)

I can't see her not ending up like wendy in pubs unless not being free is enough to keep people away from a casual perspective you don't need to look for healing as it's always with you on a timer and death is a minor inconvenience, from a non casual perspective she offers gimmicks that makes everything faster, from a mega base perspective you commit much more time to your base and teleport when you need something.

This isn't to say she won't have issues for 1 pubs will be hard on her since she won't be able to keep her warp watches on her meaning she may end up getting them robbed alot by other Wanda's or trolls. Other players could also steal her second chance watches when she dies. Inventory management is going to be a headache for some with her. That said her weapon and second chance watch are the only issues here otherwise she's fine.

9 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Ah yes, because every forum user is a troglodyte that cannot comprehend a decently made video overview of a character and draw some conclusions. And so they simply bandwagon and say that she's broken with no way to back that up whatsoever.

It's not that you can't form an opinion about the perks you've seen, it's the fact that there's a lot of minor details about wanda no ambassador has actually covered and thus a lot of people jump to conclusions about things that aren't actually true; most notably, a lot of people think the backstep watch is good for kiting but in reality if you actually played wanda you would have noticed that the hits you can get in against almost every mob before dodging with the watch don't actually increase and may actually be even lower than simply kiting, coupled with the fact that the watch only allows you to go back to a location you already walked through meaning that to attempt to backstep in place you'd have to run in circles around a general area which would lower your dps even further; also the casting animation is quite long and it's honestly not a super lenient window so for anything other than a handful of enemies with undodgeable attacks I highly doubt the watch will be worth using as a replacement for kiting. I also tested it and spamming the watch isn't even faster than walking at normal speed either so there's that

personally after messing around with her a bunch I think wanda's fine as is besides the revive clock which makes no sense with her kit, in fact if anything I think she could use a slight buff but I'm not expecting to be taken seriously if I said that

5 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

It's not that you can't form an opinion about the perks you've seen, it's the fact that there's a lot of minor details about wanda no ambassador has actually covered and thus a lot of people jump to conclusions about things that aren't actually true; most notably, a lot of people think the backstep watch is good for kiting but in reality if you actually played wanda you would have noticed that the hits you can get in against almost every mob before dodging with the watch don't actually increase and may actually be even lower than simply kiting, coupled with the fact that the watch only allows you to go back to a location you already walked through meaning that to attempt to backstep in place you'd have to run in circles around a general area which would lower your dps even further; also the casting animation is quite long and it's honestly not a super lenient window so for anything other than a handful of enemies with undodgeable attacks I highly doubt the watch will be worth using as a replacement for kiting. I also tested it and spamming the watch isn't even faster than walking at normal speed either so there's that

personally after messing around with her a bunch I think wanda's fine as is besides the revive clock which makes no sense with her kit, in fact if anything I think she could use a slight buff but I'm not expecting to be taken seriously if I said that

If manual kiting was as safe and reliable as you say it is, nobody would find uses for the bone armor.

Factor in stunlocks, multiple mobs and general lag from online play and it's pretty easy to figure out teleport kite is far superior to manual kite.

4 minutes ago, Well-met said:

If manual kiting was as safe and reliable as you say it is, nobody would find uses for the bone armor.

Factor in stunlocks, multiple mobs and general lag from online play and it's pretty easy to figure out teleport kite is far superior to manual kite.

I literally just said it has a casting animation that can get interrupted, not a very lenient window of iframes and only teleports you a short distance to a place you already had to walk through

Just now, Guille6785 said:

I literally just said it has a casting animation that can get interrupted, not a very lenient window of iframes and only teleports you a short distance to a place you already had to walk through

Doesn't seem any more complicated or difficult to use than wortox's own?

Some people can only dream of kiting dragonfly properly with normal movement so I still believe you underrate the ability for some reason 

Just now, Well-met said:

Doesn't seem any more complicated or difficult to use than wortox's own?

Some people can only dream of kiting dragonfly properly with normal movement so I still believe you underrate the ability for some reason 

granted I'm not gonna discourage you from using the watch to kite if it actually makes kiting easier for you, but my point is the watch doesn't actually increase your dps like many people falsely claim

16 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

granted I'm not gonna discourage you from using the watch to kite if it actually makes kiting easier for you, but my point is the watch doesn't actually increase your dps like many people falsely claim

It pretty much seems to do that though. Using the watch seems to to have i-frames and you can set it up where you teleport next to the enemy. This is easily 1 extra hit, I don't understand where you've gotten the idea that its impossible when I've seen it in videos. 

5 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

It pretty much seems to do that though. Using the watch seems to to have i-frames and you can set it up where you teleport next to the enemy. This is easily 1 extra hit, I don't understand where you've gotten the idea that its impossible when I've seen it in videos. 

by testing it 

10 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

This is easily 1 extra hit

Is that supposed extra one hit really overpowered though?

If someone is skilled enough to perfectly use the watch to dodge attacks(a timeframe of 11 frames) and land one extra hit. Then that's great for them, but most of the playerbase isn't going to be able to do that.

Also from what I've seen in most footage and friends streaming to me the watch can never teleport right on top you, it's always usually a few units away. Could totally be wrong about this, so take with a grain of salt.

1 minute ago, Hornete said:

Is that supposed extra one hit really overpowered though?

I never claimed it was overpowered.

If someone is skilled enough to perfectly use the watch to dodge attacks(a timeframe of 11 frames) and land one extra hit. Then that's great for them, but most of the playerbase isn't going to be able to do that.

What I'm saying its that its possible. I'm not contesting its viability. 

Also from what I've seen in most footage and friends streaming to me the watch can never teleport right on top you, it's always usually a few units away.

From what I've seen, you have to wrap around the enemy so you teleport in circles around it.

I didn’t bother to read all the replies since I’ve last posted- but after thinking about it overnight I have the simplest solution to the Clock Cooldown Timer without needing to increase the Timer on it.

Simply make it so that the Cooldown don’t go into effect unless they are actually IN Wandas inventory.

In fact I think it would be an interesting part of her Gimmick if all clocks actually stopped ticking when she’s not holding them..

Almost like: The constant and her own timeline are on a different course altogether.

Time in the constant is moving so slowly that the hands on the clocks haven’t moved, meanwhile IF the Clock is in Wandas hand… it moves at her normal pace

That is the description of her character was it not?? 

As far as gameplay purpose: It would mean having to take a little extra caution with your clocks, AND you couldn’t just do like some people have suggested and craft like 40 clocks leaving them laying around near a boss for easy revives.

Archived