Wanda info video

She's interesting. I definitely think some things might need more fine-tuning just to match up more with what other characters can do. 

I think the idea behind most of her tools being on cooldown interesting, because she is a time-themed character and that goes nicely. But it obviously creates a bit of a "one and done" type situation with some of the items. It particular the age adjustment and revive, while combat healing would be pretty impaired I dislike the idea of the constant health drain, which is basically her big downside, being a complete non-issue in normal play once you get all the key items in order. At minimum I think these things need some form of limited use outside of just the time investment, even if it's not a super penalizing one. Just make them need refueling for use or breaking after a large number of uses- you can still be pretty generous with it. 

Maybe a recharge mechanic along with the cooldowns? like after 3 uses of the second chance clock its disabled completely for an extra-long time period.

I like the idea behind her custom weapon but do think it's a bit too good at 0%. I'd nerf down its 0% damage only that way the jump up when properly fueled feels even bigger and like something you should pause a fight for. Although I think considering everything else she gets I'd heavily prefer that it was more of a gimmick weapon than a heavy damage weapon... like if it slowed mobs or something when fueled but less damage overall. Something fun and silly since she really doesn't need to be a fighter. 

The time limited wormholes are fun (gonna be great for things like finding the lunar islands and inviting your friends over without needing to take a boat back and forth) and I think using some of her other tools effectively will need some skill. All in all i really like the concepts they pulled out for her! But I do think some of them might need to be adjusted just based on the lack of durability and what means once you make it past the initial hump of getting them made. Keep in mind shes not actually out yet and thus who knows what last minute things could be considered or how she will actually feel.

Still think "killed by the passage of time" is the funniest possible death notification to announce to the server though.

6 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

love to see people who haven't even played the character throw **** at klei devs for poor game design

Ah yes, because every forum user is a troglodyte that cannot comprehend a decently made video overview of a character and draw some conclusions. And so they simply bandwagon and say that she's broken with no way to back that up whatsoever.

On a more serious note...

She is definitelly op and unnecessarily so. It feels like Klei gave her all of those op items to compensate for her different health... except that everyone will probably easily remember to use her 'restore health' watch. If the numbers are correct than all you have to do is use that watch as soon as it's off cooldown to avoid dying of old age. Dodging attacks is not special for her, every character has to do that to not die. Not to mention that infinite revival watch and that weapon. Why doesn't it break at 0% durability? Why can you keep using it at 0% durability? AND WHY DOES IT (apparently) DEAL A MINIMUM OF 60 DMG IN THE WORST CASE SCENARIO?! 

Imo the Backstep Watch will suffer 1 of 3 fates: Used to avoid kiting after you master the timing. Used for extremely minor things such as going to pick up a seed and teleporting back. Nerfed and useless.

I dislike that Rift Watch of her's. A character can be useful to the rest of the team if a player decides to, I dunno, collect some resources and bring them back to base. That's also useful input, Klei.

This is how I'd like Wanda's teleporting ability's team input to look like: her frieds give her resources, she teleports to the ruins and crafts what she needs to craft and teleports back. Mid-game Wanda is depended upon to craft ruins/lunar items. After getting Lazy Deserters up and running Wanda teleports to a target location and brings all her friends via L.Ds. Late-game Wanda saves time as she doesn't have to run to L.Ds. The fact that she can just craft a wormhole is really... silly. Willow cannot grant other survivors fire immunity, Woodie doesn't give them any canadian benefits. And Wormwood cannot share his blooming movement speed.

What I do like about Wanda is her design. It reminds me of old ds days. A watchmaker that can manipulate time? Yeah that sounds about right in a game where a pyromaniac is fire-immune and a librarian is basically a witch. She feels much more of a dst character than Walter. Her constant allusions to death via time almost make me think that Klei wants to bring back some of that precious atmosphere we lost somewhere along the way.

Her gameplay is somewhat unique and I'll definitely give her a try. But come on Klei... some of those items are way too op.

4 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

love to see people who haven't even played the character throw **** at klei devs for poor game design

I don’t think I HAVE to play as her to understand that a Multiplayer Portal I can place anywhere like it’s an Acme Blackhole is incredibly broken..

Like I’ve stated Previously Wraith in Apex Legends (a character all about opening rifts through time) only has a very limited RANGE in which she can travel- Wanda on the other hand is just unnecessarily broken.

But then again.. I’m Also the guy who thought having a Server full of Walter players was OP- and with good reason: 6 Wobys with 9 inventory slots per Woby is a whooping 54 free inventory slots for carrying things. Not to mention Woby was also an Instant-tame Mount with 3 Monster Meat.

I can only IMAGINE what a Server of Wanda’s will be able to accomplish :lol:

i fear of something and that is that people will just see the damage she can do and nothing more she is able to do its just like all the time the same thing its always about how big damage you can do and the things in battle you can do like what everyone seems to be mentions the most is the ridiculously damage she can do not how se can like teleport back to base or something its just damage again i feel like people realy see only damage numbers and nothing more as her main perk

Dissapointed she can't de-age herself below 20.

Like you need to be careful to not overshoot it when using the watch or you will end up as a toddler with some major downsides that match that change.

That would be pretty hilarious.

Imagine calling op a character that needa to be almost death to do damage

Sure, her weapon needs some changes but klei finally made the risk move of launching a character with complex gameplay and people cryes op because can have portals lol. You get other portals easier by killing a giant kitty and or farming living logs

Having to be at 1 hit from death is bad and op but being a wilson with a 600hp body ward that doesnt let you die is balanced lmao

22 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Having to be at 1 hit from death is bad and op but being a wilson with a 600hp body ward that doesnt let you die is balanced lmao

It's not bad when you can revive yourself with 0 cost or penalty when you die.

It just removes the "risk" from high risk high reward playstyle Wanda seems to have.

16 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

It's not bad when you can revive yourself with 0 cost or penalty when you die.

It just removes the "risk" from high risk high reward playstyle Wanda seems to have.

Yes, life giving amulets are strong for how cheap they are but a great change from how they worked in DS

11 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Yes, life giving amulets are strong for how cheap they are but a great change from how they worked in DS

Life giving amulets break after use. Her watch doesnt ever break and can be used to revive others also without any downsides except fairly small cooldown between uses.

You still don't see the op potential in this? No matter where you are or how you die and how many times. You can keep reviving yourself with single item that never breaks or applies any revive penalties.

6 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Life giving amulets break after use. Her watch doesnt and can be used to revive others also without any downsides except fairly small cooldown between uses.

So unless you carry multipile amulets.. there is no comparison.

So? Maybe it needs more cooldown but complaining about the clock doesnt breaking when an amulet only cost few gold, nf and a red gem is kinda overreacting

How much would you die to be actually something noticeable? Because i dont see the difference between having the clock and having one of the many life giving amulets that the game offers to you. Is easy to be inmortal in this game before 1st winter just get life giving amulets and a meat effigie as backup and you are more inmortal than wanda for a cheap cost

And btw, do the clock put to sleep enemies like the amulet? I dont know about this but there might be difference

Do you cary multipile mats for life giving amulets or multipile life giving amulets themselves everywhere with you? No? Yes? (That's some poor inventory management)

She will be even better for ruins exploring than Wortox cause she never really dies can revive herself on the spot all the time without needing to re-craft anything. Dude...

Like i said:

You still don't see the op potential in this? No matter where you are or how you die and how many times. You can keep reviving yourself with single item that never breaks or applies any revive penalties. 

That's almost more op than the Rollback feature when playing solo.

6 minutes ago, SadeceAtakan said:

It doesnt. Also enemies instantly aggro on you when you are on your reviving animation. 

https://youtu.be/Fj8BATTN3LA?t=206

Wow Op omg nerf

5 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Do you cary multipile mats or life giving amulets everywhere with you? No? Yes? (That's some poor inventory management)

She will be even better for ruins exploring than Wortox cause she never really dies can revive herself on the spot all the time without needing to craft anything. Dude...

Like i said:

I dont carry multiple amulets, not because inventory management, but because i dont die all the time and if i do i can jump with my meat effigie to an safe area filled with weapons,  armors and amulets. For that also i dont see her clock broken. It will be only useful for new players which is fine since a little of help for a unexperience player playing a character with low hp pool that loses hp over time and can only be healed a little per inventory being used to carry a clock

And better yet, the clock is a worst version of the life giving amulet lmao

wilson with a stack of pierogies, a meat effigie and a life giving amulet. Calling this character op is just ignoring reallity 

Calling a infinite durability fairly easy to get revival item that works everywhere you are without needing to waste any mats except for initial craft - worse than life giving amulets and meat effigies that both break upon use or aren't "mobile" in case of effigies.

Is a blatant case of ignoring reality.

4 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Calling a infinite durability fairly easy to get revival item that works everywhere you are without needing to waste any mats except for initial craft - worse than life giving amulets and meat effigies that both break upon use or aren't "mobile" in case of effigies.

Is a blatant case of ignoring reality.

You are ignoring that wanda only heals via a clock with cooldown and gives you a mediocre way to revive if you died in a safe place

Imagine complaining about reviving hahahahaha

Lets nerf klaus loot, life giving amulets op

Edit: sure is infinity but by the time the cooldown hits 0 i have 10 lifegiving amulets ready to go. If you die twice as wanda (easy since the clock doesnt put enemies to sleep) you are done

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

You are ignoring that wanda only heals via a clock with cooldown and gives you a mediocre way to revive if you died in a safe place

Imagine complaining about reviving hahahahaha

Lets nerf klaus loot, life giving amulets op

Mechanic which can be ignored once you have the revival watch cause you can revive yourself once you die of old age or from less natural causes. With no real cost or penalty.

Seems like the healing watch can be safely thrown away.

Just now, ALCRD said:

Mechanic which can be ignored once you have the revival watch cause you can revive yourself once you die of old age or from less natural causes.

The healing watch can be safely thrown away.

Im hope i can learn from such skilled player that doesnt need any healing, just reviving with a mediocre life giving amulet, boss fight would be interesting with that awesome op strategy

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Im hope i can learn from such skilled player that doesnt need any healing, just reviving with a mediocre life giving amulet, boss fight would be interesting with that awesome op strategy

You are ignoring the fact that Wanda closer she is to dying the stronger she hits. One way or another you will need to master kiting with her and ignore urge to heal.

High risk high reward charcter she is.

Or she would be high risk if not for her instant "reverse death" button she has.

Undoing your death after a failed boss fight with 0 cost. Exploring ruins without needing to eat or bring armor cause you can revive yourself on the spot and continue doing so at no cost. Yea that seems balanced /s

I'm baffled how difficult is it for you to understand this. 

14 hours ago, Flarezen said:

Do you mean the Lazy Deserter? since Explorer has uses in solo play

The problem with the lazy explorer is the "recycling" aspect.

We're still waiting for klei to finally stands up and put Star caller's staff, Deconstruction staff, Constrution amulet and Lazy explorer be rechargable with nightmare fuel. :wilson_dilemma:

Just now, ALCRD said:

You are ignoring the fact that Wanda closer she is to dying the stronger she hits. One way or another you will need to master kiting with her and ignore urge to heal.

High risk high reward charcter she is.

Or she would be high risk if not for her instant "reverse death" button she has.

Undoing your death after a failed boss fight with 0 cost. Exploring ruins without needing to eat or bring armor cause you can revive yourself on the spot and continue doing so at no cost. Yea that seems balanced /s

I'm baffled how difficult is it for you to understand this. 

And you get that everytime you revive with the clock for a stupid thing as reviving to get stomach means that the clock will be on cool down?

Nothing stops you to bring red gems with you NM and gold when cleaning ruins and do the same in a way better way

2 minutes ago, Milordo said:

The problem with the lazy explorer is the "recycling" aspect.

We're still waiting for klei to finally stands up and put Star caller's staff, Deconstruction staff, Constrution amulet and Lazy explorer be rechargable with nightmare fuel. :wilson_dilemma:

No thanks, we dont need more gems stockpilling in our chests

Im already tired of cleaning the ruins ignoring all yellow gems and soon orange ones

Archived