[Game Update] - 435008

3 hours ago, Maxil20 said:

I know I was able to cook the recipe with a (raw) bat nose, (raw) seaweed, electric milk, and twigs. The ingredients are exceedingly restrictive, so it’s pretty possible there are only 1-2 recipes total. It didn’t have any issues popping up in the crock pot when I made it though.

For reference, here’s an image of the code needed to make it, which does show it needs a nose and kelp, while milk and a twig fulfill the dairy and inedible needs respectively. It also prevents NM fuel as an item (since it adds magic, which the recipe won’t accept), so I think the only other inedible you could use is a volt goat horn.

Hide contents

DE0C9CF5-A735-4C68-8FDC-8F3547EEFC00.png.98c17eb3108c5d3595f67e91f112aa9f.png

Bone shard seems to work as well, but yeah, use the twig.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jason said:
  • You now have unlimited save slots.
  • Caves can be enabled on worlds which previously had caves disabled.
  • Changed server settings can now be saved without launching the world.
  • Saves can now be copied and loaded by other clients directly.

WHAT THE HELL I LIKE THIS SH*T

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Clifford W. said:

I don't think Walls will be a feature as they were in the game once but they were cut

i know and it makes sense, considering it could cover to much of the screen sometimes, but i thought they were a really cool feature. like a setting or something, but sorry for the cursing, im just really hyped

Edited by beanboy12

17 hours ago, Superwolfkid said:

That's actually interesting I forgot about that! All three of those characters interacted with Charlie at least once in their life (in constant for wilson) I'm just mostly hyped since this might mean we get to see an animated Wilson/ Maxwell for probably the first time! And I'm honestly down to see how far they developed their relationship since the ANR comic!

MaxAndWilson.png.a77ad795d49cdbb13f029fef585381d2.png

Yeah me too dude, me too. I mean it's been 4 years! (IDK how many years in the constant tho! :D) And it's enough time to forgive someone if you ask me. Considering all Maxwell has done to him was Their doing not his. (Like the way Charlie tortured Wilson in the "A new reign" cinematic while trying to take the control of herself back.) Maybe they are neutral toward each other now. Maybe even they are friends now! (like how other survivors are toward each other)
  Oh and do you remember the "...He never liked owing a favor..." part in Maxwell's origin story? Welp, he might have shared some of the "secret" knowledge (finally! XD) of his to return Wilson's favor and that started a friendship between them. We all know how much Wilson loves the knowledge and stuff, specially if he's unfamiliar with it.
  I don't know man. I do love both characters and their personalities and that's why I don't like to see them as enemies. Besides it's good to have peace and friendship between all survivors! I think they have lots of problems surviving this world already and more hatred will just make everything worse. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Notecja said:
1 hour ago, Kerpeten31 said:

is there gonna be a lunar variants of depthhs worms similar to horror hounds?

No. :C Please, no :C

Based on JoeW's post I think it's very likely that there won't be any more horror creatures like the hounds and the pengulls on the lunar island. I could imagine that we'd get some kind of mutated worms, but with a different style.

• Sad 4
  • Sad Dupe 1

1 hour ago, Kerpeten31 said:

is there gonna be a lunar variants of depthhs worms similar to horror hounds?

Klei said that they didn’t want to go too far into the horror mobs because that’s not the direction they wanted DST to go so Zombie hound and Zombie Penguin is probably the only ones we will get, which is rather unfortunate because as a Collector of Mighty Max Toys- They Aren’t that unnatural to me.. personally I would love a totally optional DLC pack players can install that adds some more of those types of monsters to the game instead of adding them in to Vanilla gameplay- But as long as we keep in mind that Minecraft is rated E for everyone and has creepier Zombiefied Mobs, while DST is Rated 13+ I’m sure we can get something similar to an optional texture pack to install in the same way that players can toggle on/off Wigfrids Omulets or Insanity effects.

now rather or not they would be worthwhile.. is anyone’s guess- but the Centipede that’s currently in the game (the robotic hamlet inspired one in Forgotten Knowledges Beta..) look nothing at all like these Quite terrifying looking humanoid centipedes that wear masks that appear all over the old Metheus puzzle concept drawings.

01F798B7-752A-429F-AEED-32A170957D44.thumb.gif.a3ef1b77cc98b0776f49fdd406738ba1.gif

Its is possible that DS took a turn in development direction: and what was once going to be a more adult slightly creepy game, became a more lighthearted family friendly game.. but I suppose we will never truly know the answers anyway I’ll provide some photos and such in the spoiler below.

As you can see in the Spoiler a much different game then what we have today.

Meanwhile I only have one question: they’re seen in several of the concept arts- so Where are those giant Rats at Klei? They look appropriately terrifying!

(guessing they became mole rat maybe?)

Edited by Mike23Ua

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

the Centipede that’s currently in the game (the robotic hamlet inspired one in Forgotten Knowledges Beta..) look nothing at all like these Quite terrifying looking humanoid centipedes that wear masks that appear all over the old Metheus puzzle concept drawings.

They’re Sentrypedes. Robots. I doubt they’re the old inhabitants. More like robot guards made by tbe old inhabitants. And we can see chairs and stuff that we find in the ruins in that area, so it’s not ALL lunar stuff. 

Sad that the horror stuff is pretty much confirmed gone, but I’ll trust their decision on that. 

• Like 3

• Developer
On 10/19/2020 at 11:54 AM, Queron81 said:

The Mush Gnome should be called Champignome.

On 10/27/2020 at 7:01 AM, watermelen671 said:

*@nome HAS ENTERED THE CHAT* :wilson_ecstatic:

As a Canadian I do love a good bilingual pun. Did you know we have a brand of individual serving sized milk here called "Lait's Go!"? Very upset they decided it needed an awful English-only name with no pun as well.

• Like 8
  • Haha 10

unlimited save slots... so what you're saying is I can finally stop manually managing my saves for the same basic effect? And can bring back some slaves I "backed up" before this was a thing?

Also you know your game is well polished when most of your bug fixes are actually just a matter of patching exploits (one of the most common instances of something qualifying as "not a bug it's a feature!"). I am kind of disappointed that I never thought to abuse that beebox-in-winter thing in a public server though... Maybe I should've.

and of course, new content to explore, yay. I would have more to say about it but you didn't really give enough hints at what you added so... Guess I'll have to comment after the fact (that is, after I explore) via the official discord. Thanks Klei!

Edited by Twisted_Code
Speak-o (speech to text typo)