[Game Update] - 435008

I just noticed that ShardRPC is being officially added to the game? How wonderful! I'm certain that @zarklord_klei had some influence on the appearance of this feature, I am so glad that you joined the team!

I was actually developing an API that makes ShardRPC's possible without interacting with clients (unlike the version from GemCore), but now I don't have to! If you're wondering how I was planning to achieve this – it turns out that there's some shenanigans that can be done via the TheNet:StartVote function. The function has an argument that is a string, so I was dumping stuff through that, and then passing it to other shards via ShardNetwork.

• Like 4
  • Potato Cup 1

8 hours ago, Instant-Noodles said:

hat_batnose.gif.97fb1effa611e0332df46e35faa13852.gif

8 hours ago, Instant-Noodles said:

chandelier_archives_fall.thumb.gif.5e5b7654b21347907fe5e978cfa9a163.gif 

Two questions. has anyone figured out how to make the molebat hat in game without using the console, and also how do you make the chandelier fall?

Edited by Bird Up
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

Two questions. has anyone figured out how to make the molebat hat in game without using the console, and also how do you make the chandelier fall?

Chadeler falling, no clue. But with the molenose hat, it's a crockpot recipe. While looking to see what popped up for Ambrosia in the cookbook, I saw that it was in there. While I didn't try to find the recipe, my guess is that it includeds the bat nose, electric milk (possibly 2), and seaweed from how the item looks.

Edited by Frashaw27
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mantas said:

I'm curious about something, will the archive statues regenerate when ruins refreshes or are they there and they'll be gone?

No. They won't come back after the fuelweaver is killed. I tested it. You can consider them a one time thulecite/moon rock present. Could change tho since it's beta.

Edited by Bird Up
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad Dupe 2

10 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

Could you fill out a bug report please? this link explains how to get the info we need, thanks!

hey, will do, thank you for the directions!

10 hours ago, Voidbarker said:

try joining a server with caves and see if that causes any issues?

it's probable that your computer can't run the caves very well, if at all.

Quick Edit: Placing an Astral Detector within the caves crashes the game. Not too sure that it's intended behaviour, there.

hi, thank you, but that’s not it unfortunately. I can join a public sever and enter the caves just fine. I can also generate a world with caves enabled in regular DST. it just won’t work with the beta enabled. thank you still, I’ll try filing a report about the issue! :)

• Like 1

LETS ******* GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOW I CAN HAVE ALL MY RUINS RUSH WORLDS WITH MY OTHERS YEEEEEEEEEEEEES

1 hour ago, Clifford W. said:

This looks sick ngl.menua_alt.thumb.gif.91aad6caa168c1604d3e33278d0db31d.gif 

You can also set it as your profile BG

It's animated btw

image.thumb.png.8631937d638f396fad2bc27ee0c39013.png

Here is one without vignettemenua_nofade.thumb.gif.09b0b4ba533f49cf0e7b48dcc5bac73b.gif

WAIT ARE WALLS COMING TO THE CAVES I KNOW ITS VERY STUPID TO ASK BUT I THOUGHT THEY LOOKED COOLER THAN THE VOID WE GOT AFTER THE BETA WAS DONE FOR DS

10 minutes ago, beanboy12 said:

LETS ******* GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOW I CAN HAVE ALL MY RUINS RUSH WORLDS WITH MY OTHERS YEEEEEEEEEEEEES

WAIT ARE WALLS COMING TO THE CAVES I KNOW ITS VERY STUPID TO ASK BUT I THOUGHT THEY LOOKED COOLER THAN THE VOID WE GOT AFTER THE BETA WAS DONE FOR DS

I don't think Walls will be a feature as they were in the game once but they were cut

Edited by Clifford W.

So I guess the fastest you can start using the new area(without cheating) is ond day 32, on a default settings world, since you need 3 opal gems and you certainly don't have enough time to make all 3 mooncaller staves on the 11th full moon (probably just one).

Day 31st full moon is much longer and will allow you to make at least 2 staves.

Its worth noting that on a lights out world you could rush this whole thing to day 12th, if you (or your team) are fast enough ruins rushing to be back for day 11th full moon event with 3 starcallers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frashaw27 said:

Chadeler falling, no clue. But with the molenose hat, it's a crockpot recipe. While looking to see what popped up for Ambrosia in the cookbook, I saw that it was in there. While I didn't try to find the recipe, my guess is that it includeds the bat nose, electric milk (possibly 2), and seaweed from how the item looks.

We had multiple people testing and tried grilled nose meat, bat nose, electric milk (different values), seaweed (all types), monster meats, regular meats, twigs, batilisk wings (raw and cooked), shrooms, jerky, drumsticks, and so much more. I don't know if it is fully implemented yet tbh.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

So I guess the fastest you can start using the new area(without cheating) is ond day 32, on a default settings world, since you need 3 opal gems and you certainly don't have enough time to make all 3 mooncaller staves on the 11th full moon (probably just one).

Day 31st full moon is much longer and will allow you to make at least 2 staves.

Its worth noting that on a lights out world you could rush this whole thing to day 12th, if you (or your team) are fast enough ruins rushing to be back for day 11th full moon event with 3 starcallers.

I though you only need 1 because there is 2 already in the mechanism.

Is needed for something else? (I just discover the area but didnt have on me the gem)

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Bird Up said:

Found the recipes last night while streaming. 

Milkmade Hat: 

Can't be repaired, but will give you food at the cost of a small sanity drain. Great for base builders (like myself) who forget to eat until you start loosing health LOL.

Edit: It also won't "spoil" if its just sitting on the ground. So you can make a bunch and just have food on demand if you need it!

Edited by Griver84
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Hunger 1

1 hour ago, mrxarous said:

We had multiple people testing and tried grilled nose meat, bat nose, electric milk (different values), seaweed (all types), monster meats, regular meats, twigs, batilisk wings (raw and cooked), shrooms, jerky, drumsticks, and so much more. I don't know if it is fully implemented yet tbh.

I know I was able to cook the recipe with a (raw) bat nose, (raw) seaweed, electric milk, and twigs. The ingredients are exceedingly restrictive, so it’s pretty possible there are only 1-2 recipes total. It didn’t have any issues popping up in the crock pot when I made it though.

For reference, here’s an image of the code needed to make it, which does show it needs a nose and kelp, while milk and a twig fulfill the dairy and inedible needs respectively. It also prevents NM fuel as an item (since it adds magic, which the recipe won’t accept), so I think the only other inedible you could use is a volt goat horn.

Spoiler

DE0C9CF5-A735-4C68-8FDC-8F3547EEFC00.png.98c17eb3108c5d3595f67e91f112aa9f.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sinistrem said:

I'm going to call this new hat "Warly's life support". And after all the horn poaching, milk isn't going to be an issue.

Nah, it's Wolfgang's max-damage hat. Now we can finally maintain that coveted 200% damage boost.

• Like 4

I noticed that the Moon's enlightenment doesn't cover the whole moon island anymore, but at some of its edges you have the regular sanity. Is that intentional or a bug? If that's intended, does that mean that the Moon loses some of its strenght? 

Edited by fimmatek
  • Like 2