Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

4 minutes ago, SkyistheGround said:

if wx and wes stood next to each other, who gets struck by lightning first?

I think wx still has a higher chance, but he gets a benefit from it so it kinda makes sense

• Like 1

Hey, are marshes or biomes with reed guaranteed to spawn in the caves? In one world I play as Willow, for most part alone, and I am on a mission to amass cut reeds. From the looks of it only the ruins and archives (?) remain unexplored. Do you think there might be reed anywhere in this cave, or how does it work in general? I am asking since I would prefer to leave those areas unexplored for when playing with a friend but I would also like to get the reed acquisition going. Thank you!

PS.

Perhaps the lunar island could also be a viable alternative, although I haven't explored the ocean very much yet.

20210504143042_1.thumb.jpg.4ee74c78cdae0d426fecc9aadbfb7c37.jpg

On 5/8/2021 at 6:36 AM, Captain_Rage said:

Hey, are marshes or biomes with reed guaranteed to spawn in the caves?

No, the cave marsh is part of a table of biomes that arent guaranteed to spawn

5 minutes ago, W0l0l0 said:

Could you plant anemones in the ruins as an effective way to kill the Bishops offscreen when it gets regenerated? Would that work? 

IIRC only if you have an ocuvigil. Thats why people tend to prefer using their anenemy on the ancient guardian.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, W0l0l0 said:

Could you plant anemones in the ruins as an effective way to kill the Bishops offscreen when it gets regenerated? Would that work? 

Yes. I've done exactly that in my current world.

1 hour ago, SuperMeatGoy said:

IIRC only if you have an ocuvigil. Thats why people tend to prefer using their anenemy on the ancient guardian.

Anenemies work without issue even while unloaded. (Roughly speaking, when an entity is unloaded, its AI stops working and it becomes a stationary object. Anenemies do not have AI in that sense, so they never stop working.)

Also, contrary to popular misconception, ocuvigils do not keep the area around them loaded, so they wouldn't have helped anyway.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, W0l0l0 said:

yes it works, but planting the anenemy in the right spot can be tricky. It must not be in the exact spot where the mob spawns, or it will be dug up, but close enough to hit it; it does not need an ocuvigil.

If you want clockwork-free ruins I think pushing them is totally worth it, if you play long enough to benefit from it. But again if you have enough anenemies to use for this I guess it's the same thing, just more more gears/mess depending how you look at it.

Edited by BeeClops
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello Klei, This is a thread for asking questions and well.. What (If Anything) do you plan to do with next generation platforms? Why have you been so silent in revealing what your intentions are for next Gen?

When I watch your animated shorts and how you guys draw your interpretation of what You guys imagine your game world to look like there’s a lot of stuff going on in these trailers that just DOES NOT Happen in game. But with newer much more capable consoles... can we have that world brought to life to the same extent as your animated shorts?

B26CB1F8-61FB-4F2F-BAA5-AB820305B367.gif.c68ed7f4a655dade520bad74819f7eae.gif

in this Gif You see crows chilling out on tree tops and spiders crawling up and down there nests.

Maybe the things I’m wanting are easier to do if you just created a DST 2.. I don’t know, but can someone at Klei (whenever you guys are allowed to speak on the matter) confirm rather or not a more accurately representative of your portrayed animated shorts upgrade for DST is even possible for next Gen platforms?

TL:DR- I want world that feels like it’s living & breathing & full of life like shown in your animations.. You’d “Think” high end hardware would be more than capable of these visually pleasing changes.. but IS it?

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 9:14 AM, SkyistheGround said:

if wx and wes stood next to each other, who gets struck by lightning first?

WX has a 1.0 weight for getting struck, Wes has 0.6 weight, and everyone else has 0.3 weight.

• Like 3

Does anyone know the exact reason to why moonstorms disappear after:
Crash
Rollback
Relaunching server

I tried forcecrashing my world, rolled back, launched the server again but to no avail, the moonstorm is still there.
On some unfortunate servers however, the moonstorm is forever gone BUT the mysterious energy is intact.
That just means the altars can never be removed, lunacy full moons forever, and no champion fights can occur....

• Like 1

Just now, Baguettes said:

Does anyone know the exact reason to why moonstorms disappear after:
Crash
Rollback
Relaunching server

I tried forcecrashing my world, rolled back, launched the server again but to no avail, the moonstorm is still there.
On some unfortunate servers however, the moonstorm is forever gone BUT the mysterious energy is intact.
That just means the altars can never be removed, lunacy full moons forever, and no champion fights can occur....

the same thing happened to me during the beta i just went to a save before the moonstorm or a save when they just started existing other than that i don't know i guess it happens randomly

As anyone attempted to use Startling Soliloquy as Wigfrid on BQ?

I haven't played the character much since her refresh, but I assume that this song might be useful for the boss (solo) to control the summoned bees. I wonder if the song can be spammed quickly enough to take minimal or no damage from the summons while staying on the queen.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, clickrush said:

As anyone attempted to use Startling Soliloquy as Wigfrid on BQ?

I haven't played the character much since her refresh, but I assume that this song might be useful for the boss (solo) to control the summoned bees. I wonder if the song can be spammed quickly enough to take minimal or no damage from the summons while staying on the queen.

Yeah! It's fairly useful on the Bee Queen i'd say.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Yeah! It's fairly useful on the Bee Queen i'd say.

Seems to me that a solo Wigfrid might just be able to spam it, but I'm not entirely sure. I think there are 2x Wigfrids playing and the one recording has quite a bit of surplus inspiration.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, clickrush said:

Seems to me that a solo Wigfrid might just be able to spam it, but I'm not entirely sure. I think there are 2x Wigfrids playing and the one recording has quite a bit of surplus inspiration.

Hmm, I imagine it'll be difficult to try and spam it solo(And yes you're correct there is a another Wigfrid). Maybe try bringing some followers like bunnyman? To distract the grumble bees a bit while you gain inspiration from hitting the Bee Queen.

• Like 2

I don't know if there was such a topic or not, but I have a problem with the decor. I found a guide that you can make statues using telelocator staff and such creatures as suspicious moonstone pigs and hounds and clay wargs and hounds during the event. And it worked, but... They're looking in the wrong direction! And  for me, as a perfectionist, it really hurts, I just don't understand what I need to do to get them positioned correctly. I need the two statues next to each other to look in different directions, mirrored. I know that they can freeze in opposite positions if the player is nearly and they run at you from different directions, but the place where I want to teleport them is far away. I even tried to teleport the statue while it was still alive, and immediately teleport after it to catch the transformation and make sure that it was running in the right direction at that time, but it seems that in this case it immediately dies(I don't know why, in the video where I watched it, everything was fine, but I tried it a few times and it just didn't work). I also tried spinning the telelocator focus itself - and it worked once, with a statue of a pig with its arms raised - but only with it. The others keep looking in the same direction, and I don't know what to do about it. I tried to look for tips on this topic, but I didn't find it, although I saw screenshots with the decor, where they were put correctly. How did they do that, or I have to use cheats to it?

8 minutes ago, Lokena said:

snip

Hm, that sounds difficult to do. The only things that come to my mind:

1. The telelocated stuff has to be facing the direction you want it to before you telelocate it? So, make sure to draw aggro and make it turn towards you or rotate camera 

2. A friend might help? Either to draw the aggro or to stay near telelocator focus to make sure it loads properly. From the video i checked on the topic, they need to go there right as the even t is ending, so a friend running from direction you want the figure to face?

3. Or maybe food placed will draw the werepig to it and just maybe get it in the proper direction?

These are all guesses, and if someone has a better way please say so. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BezKa said:

Hm, that sounds difficult to do. The only things that come to my mind:

I tried the first one, but it didn't work. Second... well, the thing is, I'm playing alone, and I don't know who I can ask for that. I'm a solo player... I haven't tried the third one, but I can check it out. Although I don't think it will work with the clay hounds, and it's the same problem with them. But thanks.

Edited by Lokena