Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

1 minute ago, Cheggf said:

I believe Wormwood's childish mannerisms are from how foreign humanity is to him. He isn't a human and he wasn't taught English growing up, he was grown a plant and went an unknown amount of time before he even saw a human, much less attempted to communicate with them.

5 minutes ago, SkyistheGround said:

out of curiosity, what makes you say child?

I don't necessarily think he's a child because he's childish, I just think he was recently born, surely not enough time passed between the events of Hamlet and whats happening right now (RoT) for him to age up to an adult right? Though, I suppose I have no evidence for that, it's just a guess from me.

(Also, when I say "child", "adult" and what not, I mean that by human standards( < 18 years old, child, > 18 years old, adult) Maybe by plant years or something he's an elderly man? haha)

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Maybe by plant years or something he's an elderly man? haha)

depends on what species of vine he actually is i suppose
he's most likely some fictional species, but things like grape vines can live up to 120 years

and he can also make living logs, he might have some tree/tree root in him so maybe that's even longer

5 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I don't necessarily think he's a child because he's childish, I just think he was recently born, surely not enough time passed between the events of Hamlet and whats happening right now (RoT) for him to age up to an adult right?

but if only we knew specifics, klei has always been secretive about time passage, character ages and whatnot. pretty good guess, though!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, 1moregame said:

That’s just because he has a pea brain. 

do plants have brains like wormwood should have no bones right meaning no skull ect no muscles no fat no nervous system he is a mix of artificial life and natural life so does he have a brain or not maybe his brain is literally a pea who knows

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Has Wickerbottom become impossible to refresh?

The last character refreshes all had a bunch of stuff added, e.g. own crafting tabs and new character-unique abilities. I think the issue with Wicker, who is in fact one of the traditional DS characters with no refresh yet, is that she pretty much already has all of this. She has a variety of books with different effects and different requirements and has just recently had a nerf plus a new book. I feel like adding stuff on top of this would feel a little forced and too much, yet I so much want to see her animated short... Do you have any ideas, what an actually balancend Wicker rework could include?

• Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

32 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

The last character refreshes all had a bunch of stuff added, e.g. own crafting tabs and new character-unique abilities. I think the issue with Wicker, who is in fact one of the traditional DS characters with no refresh yet, is that she pretty much already has all of this. She has a variety of books with different effects and different requirements and has just recently had a nerf plus a new book. I feel like adding stuff on top of this would feel a little forced and too much, yet I so much want to see her animated short... Do you have any ideas, what an actually balancend Wicker rework could include?

She can alway use a couple more books in her arsenal such as a nautical book like summoning a school of fish and maybr a forge-esque book that petrifiea/summons a golem. Touching her downsides would also benefit the character's uniqueness because right now she's not any special besides not being able to aleep, which isn't too noticeable by itself.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

I would argue that she was the most powerful character for a very long time. The only competition was Wolfgang for combat and WX for ruins rushing/clearing which is a super narrow advantage. But overall if you had to choose either one of those for a team, purely based on merits, you’d likely want Wickerbottom.

Her nerfs were very significant and farming got improved so much that she became more niche. Even though I really like her and I think she still has some interesting depth and utility, I have a hard time picking her over other characters.

But I disagree that she cannot be improved. Her current books mostly have very niche uses, and her new agricultural books seem quite weak to me and not resource/time efficient.

There are however things that would be cool to see as books. Say a cheap way to make rain, a book that influences critters in some ways, or one that spawns a hound attack or a frog rain. There’s tons of possibilities.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, clickrush said:

Say a cheap way to make rain, a book that influences critters in some ways, or one that spawns a hound attack or a frog rain. There’s tons of possibilities.

Griefers would have a field day. I've experienced Springs with three frog rains in a row and I'm convinced it's the closest a living human can get to hell. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Tuesday Pidgeon said:

Griefers would have a field day. I've experienced Springs with three frog rains in a row and I'm convinced it's the closest a living human can get to hell. 

Would be a shame to not consider a very cool feature because a very small minority would misuse it IMO. On tentacles likely has a much higher griefing potential, or simply stealing stuff without notice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tuesday Pidgeon said:

I'd argue that Wicker already has A++ destruction tools with On Tentacles and The End is Nigh, but since griefers tend to show up, cause chaos and ditch, Wickerbottom has never been a favoured griefer character, you need valuable ressources AND an alchemy engine to get started.

Thinking about a refresh, I would probably like to see something new focusing on her intellect rather than just more books. Maybe something like predicting crockpot recipes or a costly new tool that lets her predict stuff like days till giant spawn, general directions of sea setpieces or ruins, etc.

• Like 2

According to Jeff Agala, the man sucked into Wagstaffs Portal is Wagstaff himself.

"Winona tries to save Wagstaff from being sucked into a portal of his own design. Rough animation done in Adobe Animate" - https://jeffagala.tumblr.com/post/615031573046296576/winona-tries-to-save-wagstaff-from-being-sucked

I always thought this WX-Quote referenced the factory fire..
"IT REMINDS ME OF SOMETHING" - WX-78, exam. Campfire and Fire Pit (normal)
But the fire started after Wagstaff was sucked into the Portal. How did WX-78 witness the fire then??

Did Wagstaff come back to send WX into the constant?
Did Maxwell abduct WX?
Do you think the quote is about something else?
Or do you just think Klei didn't think that far ahead lore-wise?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim S. said:

But the fire started after Wagstaff was sucked into the Portal. How did WX-78 witness the fire then??

My guess is that Wagstaff tried to force WX into the portal, but they got in a fight and the portal was damaged, starting the fire and dragging both of them in. WX probably got some memory damage that makes it hard to remember the actual event aside from vague notions about fire and a hatred of Wagstaff. 

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1

hello, i have built the mysterious energy thing by building the 3 celestial statues. but now i cant built the incomplete experiment on top of it because there is a fissure nearby that is blocking it. i also cant destroy the satues with a hammer. anyone knows what to do?

12 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Why is Klei merch three times more expensive than their games?:(

Games only have an initial development cost & are then more or less free to distribute. Merchandise has manufacturing & shipping costs.

• Like 3
  • Sad Dupe 1

2 hours ago, YumoS said:

hello, i have built the mysterious energy thing by building the 3 celestial statues. but now i cant built the incomplete experiment on top of it because there is a fissure nearby that is blocking it. i also cant destroy the satues with a hammer. anyone knows what to do?

In cause of doubt I'd say use console commands to manually delete the fissure if it's not needed for anything. Here is the command for deleting objects under your mouse cursor:

ConsoleWorldEntityUnderMouse():Remove()

c_select():Remove()

(First one for normal servers, second for dedicated servers, since the first won't work there)

Edited by Falkenpelz
  • Like 2

"I can see the light!" - Wilson, going through Celestial Portal
"I SEE THE BLUE SCREEN!" - WX-78, going through Celestial Portal
"Say pal, I don't look so good..." - Maxwell, going through Celestial Portal
"I'm going to the kitchen in the sky." - Warly, going through Celestial Portal

Makes sense and all, but

"This feels strangely familiar..." - Woodie, going through Celestial Portal
What's up with that?

• Like 1
  • Ninja 1