Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

20 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

Can you use lureplants as punching bags for ornery beefalo taming?

Probably, but it would get boring after awhile.

After every 9 hits (With the default damage of the beefalo) the Lureplant would die and have to be placed again. Repeating this again and again *would* keep your Rider points to a minimum. But it would also be incredibly tedious, sitting still and holding attack.

6 minutes ago, BoySyrup said:

Probably, but it would get boring after awhile.

After every 9 hits (With the default damage of the beefalo) the Lureplant would die and have to be placed again. Repeating this again and again *would* keep your Rider points to a minimum. But it would also be incredibly tedious, sitting still and holding attack.

what if i had like 40 lureplants in a chest

• Like 1

Does the new moonstorm event end once you've collected three of the resource you need to face the boss (helped wagstaff 3 times) or only once you've killed the boss? 

Could you just let the moonstorm continue and collect enough resources that you'd be able to just face the boss back to back a few times or will Wag only give you 3 of that specific item and won't appear again until you fight and kill the boss first?

Just now, GelatinousCube said:

Does the new moonstorm event end once you've collected three of the resource you need to face the boss (helped wagstaff 3 times) or only once you've killed the boss? 

Could you just let the moonstorm continue and collect enough resources that you'd be able to just face the boss back to back a few times or will Wag only give you 3 of that specific item and won't appear again until you fight and kill the boss first?

they only end once you beat Champ

• Like 1

were the merms a civilized civilization and human? like from gorge we see that merms were born from the gnaw's curse and to get to the gorge you must've been advanced enough to open the gateway. this also raises the question if the merms were once human or sentient and advanced but were reversed back to primal instincts seen by their shacks how did they come back to the constant and who transported them. it couldn't have been maxwell since he seems to have no important dialogue on them and if they were truly before an advanced species he wouldve said something about the matter so it mustve happened before maxwell's reign. were they there from the beginning? were the merms transported to the constant? and most importantly... does charlie like fish tacos(tbh this is a bs theory with little base and i kinda just freestyles this tell me how bad this theory is and why i am a big dummy dum for thinking so)  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dextops said:

were the merms a civilized civilization and human? like from gorge we see that merms were born from the gnaw's curse and to get to the gorge you must've been advanced enough to open the gateway. this also raises the question if the merms were once human or sentient and advanced but were reversed back to primal instincts seen by their shacks how did they come back to the constant and who transported them. it couldn't have been maxwell since he seems to have no important dialogue on them and if they were truly before an advanced species he wouldve said something about the matter so it mustve happened before maxwell's reign. were they there from the beginning? were the merms transported to the constant? and most importantly... does charlie like fish tacos(tbh this is a bs theory with little base and i kinda just freestyles this tell me how bad this theory is and why i am a big dummy dum for thinking so)  

Merms are other creatures transformed by gnaw. Character quotes and Billy's quotes imply that the two merms you meet in gorge are an exception to the brain rotting effect of becoming a merm. 

Wurt's entry in obituary (?) Says she wants to 'return them to past glory (if they ever had one that is)' and her way of doing so is getting a king like pigs do, and the elder swamp king in the gorge exists, well... Wurt is probably just copying pigs 'but better' in hopes she can take over the world I think. 

How they got to the gorge? They either originated from it and are just swamp pigs, the landmass is probably much bigger than the play area and I wouldn't be surprised if other creatures like bunnymen etc could also be transformed. 

That's as much as I can contribute to the answer, maybe someone has a better theory

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Owlrus said:

How do you back up a save file? I want to back up my day 200+ world, but I don't want to risk losing everything by making a wrong move.

go to Documents - Klei - DoNotStarveTogether - random number and you can make a copy of the cluster your world is in

12 hours ago, Owlrus said:

How do you back up a save file? I want to back up my day 200+ world, but I don't want to risk losing everything by making a wrong move.

A part of what wardin25 said. You can go to your game-->host game and near the delete buttom you can see a folder icon, if you put the mouse on top of it it will show you which is the name of the folder that holds your world (example: cluster_2), if you press that icon it opens the saves folder directly

• Thanks 1