Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

8 hours ago, BeeClops said:

DST PvP is who gets the panflute wins, or wicketbottom wins.

I was gonna ask why there are so few PVP servers, but this is a pretty solid explaination xD

1 hour ago, BezKa said:

Is the rot lagging my world? It's become almost unplayable. Should I use a command to clear it? 

Wait, do non-animated items on the ground increase lag, even when their area is not loaded??

19 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

I was gonna ask why there are so few PVP servers, but this is a pretty solid explaination xD

Wait, do non-animated items on the ground increase lag, even when their area is not loaded?

Not sure tbh. But when I ran the command it got a little bit better. Might have been my imagination though 

2 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

Wait, do non-animated items on the ground increase lag, even when their area is not loaded??

Yes, it is still an entity that needs to be loaded/unloaded.  I believe this is why rot auto stacks.  That would help reduce the lag effect I would think.

11 minutes ago, 1moregame said:

Yes, it is still an entity that needs to be loaded/unloaded.  I believe this is why rot auto stacks.  That would help reduce the lag effect I would think.

God, that explains a lot. For example the terrible lag in my base. So, moving items on the ground into chests should decrease lag, right?

Also there should be a mandatory rule on public servers to clean up your mess or take responsibility for what becomes of it. In short:

Delete it or eat it.

Edited by Falkenpelz

17 hours ago, Mday said:

Any tips on how to find ice bream? I've spent 3 winter and cannot find any.

It took me 3 winters of full on sailing to find one shoal of them, they're just rare I guess, don't think there is much you can do to increase your odds

Edited by BeeClops
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

It took me 3 winters of full on sailing to find one shoal of them, they're just rare I guess, don't think there is much you can do to increase your odds

did you stay on the same spot? or did you keep sailing until you found the fish?

1 hour ago, Friendly Grass said:

I strongly recommend turning up “schools of fish” in world settings to “more”. It’s world settings so you can change it whenever you want.

Set to tons and I found my fish. tyvm.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nin Ya said:

Is there way to predict deerclops spawning without mods? First winter its day 30, but what about second and on and on? Deff setting. 

15 days of winter from death if I'm not wrong. Or maybe 20? I think 15. Basically, the earlier you kill Deerclops in one winter, the earlier it will come the next. The later, the later, and you will risk despawning, which will bring it fairly early next year- on my server after failing to kill it before spring, it came 3-4 days into next Winter. 

Killing it late also risks that it will not spawn at all next year, making it spawn in first 4 days during winter after that. Happened to me many many times. 

Be also wary of unannounced Deerclops. It comes when it's spawn is refreshed from previous Winter but it didn't have time to spawn then. It will let out only couple of roars, sometimes just 2, and spawn. Also happened several times with Bearger. 

This is all just my experience by playing, I didn't check the code or anything. Refresh time of 15 comes from killing early Deerclops one year and getting warning at the end of the same winter- then receiving a 1st day barely announced Deerclops the next. So it can be a bit varied and my advice might not be that helpful. But ye, generally "early kill=early spawn"

Edited by BezKa
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, BezKa said:

15 days of winter from death if I'm not wrong. Or maybe 20?

Not quite.  If Deerclops is killed, his timer will be reset to 16.8 winter days.  Watch the Swanky Psammead video for more details and mechanics such as not killing deerclops or manipulating timer to ensure deerclops doesn't skip a year.   

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SkyistheGround said:

tree guards drop monster meat and they're basically all tree 

thats a good point, but i think we can assume treeguards are made with a good ammount of nightmare fuel, while wormwood is made alive by moon magic, which could have its effects but i thimk its too weak to make something else appart from possible neuronal connections

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baguettes said:

So uh, what causes this? The mole bat just snorted so hard.

Well, when a mommy Molebat and a daddy Molebat love eachother verrrryyy much.

7 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

What do the three chest outfits from summer cawnival actually do?

Just for fashion or do they actually provide anything to players?

Heat protection, scarf offers 120, and the two cloaks offer 240, which is pretty great honestly.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GelatinousCube said:

Thats kind of cool, any wetness protection?

I thought maybe you'd get extra tokens wearing them and playing the minigames

No wetness resist, I haven't tried wearing them during mini-games, but I think the profit is just mostly up to how well you perform and the level your tree is at.

Edited by BoySyrup
  • Like 1