Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

9 minutes ago, SkyistheGround said:

about the lunar island:

how did all that life populate the island so quickly? the piece of the moon fell by the time the survivors were there and in the turn of tides trailer, when they got on, it was already full of plants and animals

evolution exists in ds/t-- maxwell comments about how the dangling depth dwellers evolved in the constant, but that process usually takes a very long time

did evolution on the moon just.... speed up at mach rates? or was all that life already INSIDE the moon or something and it just fell out? the moon's crack looks hollow in future trailers, but that might be just the art style

its not really evolution more than mutation, if you think of the shortcut as late autumm, maybe the pengulls were arriving to the mainland and found the island instead, and they quickly fell into the moon energy, or maybe the waters aroudn are radiated too

no clue bout hounds though

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

its not really evolution more than mutation, if you think of the shortcut as late autumm, maybe the pengulls were arriving to the mainland and found the island instead, and they quickly fell into the moon energy, or maybe the waters aroudn are radiated too

no clue bout hounds though

what about the new creatures, like saladmanders? and the new trees? i cant imagine anything that could've swam over/got transported to become those organisms

1 minute ago, SkyistheGround said:

what about the new creatures, like saladmanders? and the new trees? i cant imagine anything that could've swam over/got transported to become those organisms

og moon flora and fauna

2 hours ago, Wardin25 said:

probably the dude was mermified

but i feel like mumsy would give more of a damn if her husband was a merm and if it was the merm right next to her instead of talking about food same goes for billy

Spoiler

MAGICSKIN_COLLECTOR_SPEECH =
        {
            -- Shadow Curio dealer.
            START =
            {
                "Greetings, mortal. Have you brought chests? I'll be happy to reveal your gifts, if so.",
                "Greetings, mortal. I sense a chest in your possession! Please, be my guest.",
                "Greetings, mortal. Come to receive gifts from the Shadow realm? You need only open your chests.",
            },
            START_EMPTY =
            {
                "Greetings, mortal. No chests today? A shame.",
                "Greetings, mortal. I sense you have no chests. You have been adventuring, yes?",
                "Greetings, mortal. Chests to find their way to you on your travels. I'll be here, until then.",
            },
            IDLE =
            {
                "It seems you've a few admirers lurking in the shadows.",
                "Do you ever tire of that ratty old mortal body?",
                "[Sigh] Immortality is such a burden.",
                "You're a long way from home are you not, little mortal?",
                "You must recount your corporeal stories to me some time, mortal.",
                "Fear the dark, little mortal.",
                "[Chortle] Have you met her yet?",
                "Your realm is a bit frazzled around the edges, hm?",
                "Tell me, have you traveled through the Gateway yet?",
                "Be at ease, mortal. We exist outside time, here.",
                "I'll admit, I've always found Chesters endearing.",
                "[Chortle] You mortals have been quite enamored with the throne, haven't you?",
                "[The shadow murmurs something, but you cannot comprehend the words.]",
            },
            HAND = 
            {
                "Test",
            },
        },

i found that dialogue in the middle of curio collector stuff when i was looking for puzzle hints. is that new? never seen before.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SkyistheGround said:

Could have already been on before it fell.

2 hours ago, Dextops said:

but i feel like mumsy would give more of a damn if her husband was a merm and if it was the merm right next to her instead of talking about food same goes for billy

maybe the mermification has happened long ago and she has already gotten over her loss, she doesnt tell the survivors cause they barely know each other and its not like they ask

2 hours ago, Wardin25 said:

maybe the mermification has happened long ago and she has already gotten over her loss, she doesnt tell the survivors cause they barely know each other and its not like they ask

but then how is billy 100% goat and not a hybrid or even alive since merms and goats are different species and billy who mustve been alive during that time must've known who is father is since he was alive when his dad if it did happen got mermified 

2 minutes ago, Dextops said:

but then how is billy 100% goat and not a hybrid or even alive since merms and goats are different species and billy who mustve been alive during that time must've known who is father is since he was alive when his dad if it did happen got mermified 

well, billy seems around webbers age, so he probably was born before his father was turned, and either doesnt mention him for the same reasons as Mumsy or because he doesnt remember him

or new goats just start showing up near other goats randomly at certain times of the year idk

Does Klei has control over Steam announcements traductions? because in spanish there's a traduction error and says Final Season instead of Season Finale:

dst.thumb.PNG.8cdbd5f2a12f823443a6ea880416bd3c.PNG

Edited by Just-guy
  • Like 1

Some genuine questions i have;
Why Webber loses sanity at Dusk?
Why the Telltale Heart/Life Giving Amulet doesn't works on Abigail?
How does it makes sense that WX, a literal robot, needs to eat food?
Shouldn't other Krampus be friendly towards / not scared of Wortox?
Why Webber has quotes for befriending Pigmen? As far as i know there's no way to befriend Pigmens as Webber. 
image.png.ab095a46d94c010169f9a840a2368878.png

1 minute ago, Kommu said:

He still need energy

2 minutes ago, Kommu said:

Why Webber has quotes for befriending Pigmen? As far as i know there's no way to befriend Pigmens as Webber. 

Maybe are quotes from single player where he can befriend pigs with the groucho marx glasses from hamlet

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kommu said:

1. Spiders don't have sanity but people do, so being connected with one makes no difference to his sanity

2. Abigail died in another world. Characters quote that her spirit is already connected to something else (the flower) and that prevents her from resurrecting

3. Treats food as fuel. How does it exactly work I'm not sure. 

4. All instances of meeting Krampii are because you did something and they come to punish you. 

5. The quotes apply for any pig that is a follower, so a fellow player can bring a pig to base and this will be Webber's quote for that pig. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

do the animators have a wheel with every characters name that they spin to choose which 2 characters accompany wilson on the update trailers?

seems like wortox is unlucky in that wheel

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

2 hours ago, Kommu said:

here's my takes:
1. webber has quotes about hating the darkness and wanting a nightlight, so i imagine the boy side of him hates the darkness more then the spider side is okay with it
2. what BezKa said, she died outside of the constant
3. WX has quotes where they explain that they have mechanical parts akin to a human. CPU for brain, chemical engine for stomach, smelling module for nose (maybe), etc. they also say they have fuel reserves. they're probably built like this because electricity isnt always accessable (in winter/spring, sun levels are pretty low, lightning doesnt strike all the time, etc.)
4. again, what Bezka said!
5. in dont starve hamlet, webber gets something called the shamlet mask, which allows him to be friendly toward pigs. and iirc, in all the solo dont starve dlcs, you can travel between the dlcs while taking some of your items

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kommu said:

Why wouldn't he? He's the one who would be the most likely to be scared of the dark, since he not only is a child but has quotes talking about it. Additionally, if he's up at dusk and night, that means he isn't sleeping.

4 hours ago, Kommu said:

She died outside of the Constant.

4 hours ago, Kommu said:

Why does a car need to eat gasoline?

4 hours ago, Kommu said:

He's not a krampus.

4 hours ago, Kommu said:

All character have quotes for everything, including items no longer in the game like the deadly feast which had used inspection quotes for the characters but was removed before the DLCS, yet the DLC characters have quotes for it despite it not being obtainable any more.

1 hour ago, W0l0l0 said:

Does the Florid Postern getting upgraded count as canonical? Does/could it have any significance in the story? 

Yes it does. 

Cyclum comic introduces the jury rig portal and Charlie changing it to a Florid Postern. Then with the moon editions, the postern gets upgraded due to moon power. Hopefully we'll get a in universe reason in the future.

• Like 1