Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

33 minutes ago, xxXolot said:

I am trying to setup fence around a merm house. Do they attack fence? lf they do, how far should the fence be to keep the merm from going hostile due to player too close to their house?

they dont atack fences even when aggroed

idk about how much distance, to be safe so it doesnt hurt a player you can try with 2 squares but i dont have idea

2 hours ago, HellHeater said:

what exactly new crown do 

Sanity reg. If you sanity is very high it emits light and spawns a gestal that atacks when you hit an enemy but consumes your sanity with each hit

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Fridgetty said:

My worlds mysteriously disappeared,,The files are alright, I didn't move to a new computer and i tried reinstalling the game but none worked :( anyone know how to fix this?

Are you using the beta?

Also you can try to make a backup of your worlds and create a new world to see where is saving the folders your game

6 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Are you using the beta?

Also you can try to make a backup of your worlds and create a new world to see where is saving the folders your game

I did accidentally switched to beta but when i switched back it was still there so I doubt its about the beta.

I did create a new world and it returned my worlds, except my main world is now back in day one

17 minutes ago, Fridgetty said:

I did accidentally switched to beta but when i switched back it was still there so I doubt its about the beta.

I did create a new world and it returned my worlds, except my main world is now back in day one

No idea of what might happen

Your main world shares the number with the new world cluster folder?

You can try to copy your world to a new folder with another number

Always with a backup copy in a safe place since im just telling you random things to try

22 minutes ago, Fridgetty said:

to prevent that i copy the folder cluster in a usb

34 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

No idea of what might happen

Your main world shares the number with the new world cluster folder?

You can try to copy your world to a new folder with another number

Always with a backup copy in a safe place since im just telling you random things to try

I forgot to edit the original post but it kinda seems like a bug. I managed to retrieve all my worlds safely by just making a new world and opening the "used to be day 1" main world. Idk how tha happened but thanks for everyone that helped

• Potato Cup 1

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Can someone be kind enough to tell me if the new Return of Them update has any new biomes or mobs in it please? I am going to be highly disappointed if the May content update ends up being just a new boss. :( 

new "weather mechanic", a npc with a task kinda like "protect the tower" and... a new boss

• Sad 1

On 4/17/2021 at 12:43 PM, HellHeater said:

what exactly new crown do 

Spoiler

It gives +10 sanity per minute.

When above you're above 85% sanity it gives off a light similarly to a miner's hat, and whenever you attack something a gestalt will appear and attack whatever you just have. That also drains one sanity per use.

The crown is also has infinite durability, as it is impossible to break.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tuesday Pidgeon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It gives +10 sanity per minute.

When above you're above 85% sanity it gives off a light similarly to a miner's hat, and whenever you attack something a gestalt will appear and attack whatever you just have. That also drains one sanity per use.

The crown is also has infinite durability, as it is impossible to break.

The Real question is can you equip this onto followers like Pigmen or Merms?

(im on Xbox so the beta isn’t out for me yet..)

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 3

I don't really use Bone Helms, what do people actually use it for? Fuelweaver so there aren't shadows attacking during the fight? With only 70% damage reduction this doesn't seem so great but if you are nimble and not getting hit much by FW himself I could certainly see this being handy and I may attempt this next time I fight him. What else can it be used for?? Farming Bunnylords I guess? Please enlighten me!

Frankly I have a stupid amount of FW drops as I reset ruins most in game years on my long term world and I'd like to actually get some use out of my my Bone Helms as they currently serve no purpose. I gave a few to Pigs for decorative purposes but other than that they go completely unused.

49 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

I don't really use Bone Helms, what do people actually use it for? Fuelweaver so there aren't shadows attacking during the fight? With only 70% damage reduction this doesn't seem so great but if you are nimble and not getting hit much by FW himself I could certainly see this being handy and I may attempt this next time I fight him. What else can it be used for?? Farming Bunnylords I guess? Please enlighten me!

Frankly I have a stupid amount of FW drops as I reset ruins most in game years on my long term world and I'd like to actually get some use out of my my Bone Helms as they currently serve no purpose. I gave a few to Pigs for decorative purposes but other than that they go completely unused.

Staying insane in lunar island/grotto—particularly useful for the latter since it also protects you from the nightmares from the war
Preventing shadows/nightmares from attacking you at any time—particularly when farming with Wicker. Sometimes used for nightmare phase

Farming nightmare fuel—not only does it keep you insane, but it also spawns way more shadows which is excellent for mass farming.

Increasing your sanity—it summons shadows, not nightmares and spawns them even if your actual sanity is high, so you can get your sanity to full from killing them then removing the helm.
Temporary insanity—essentially an infinite nightmare amulet for obelisks/FW's shadow hands

• Like 3

Where do you look in the game files to see the characters' quotes for various items? You know, the code that kinda looks like this:

Spoiler

WAGSTAFF_NPC = "Hey Mister, are you okay? You're uh... flickering...?",

WAGSTAFF_NPC = "Bonjour! Are you in need of assistance?",

WAGSTAFF_NPC = "Hail stranger! Are ye friend or foe?",

WAGSTAFF_NPC = "What is he up to now?",

WAGSTAFF_NPC = "Should we help him? I don't mind, but he's not so sure...",

How do you guys retrieve these?

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 2:09 AM, MAMMAL_MAN said:

Is it possible for tallbirds to become extinct by killing all of them and burning their nests?

not only possible, but likely if are your nests are in the mosaic and you play long enough

1 minute ago, Baguettes said:

Their nests can't be meteorite'd, no?

I thought so too but a friend told my all his got destroyed by meteors in a 3k day world. And then I noticed the only one I had in my mosaic went missing some time ago. So I think they get destroyed, hope I'm wrong

I doubt so.

20210420171606_1.thumb.jpg.390a6952b0ec4e4ec017cec72c9f0018.jpg

20210420171614_1.thumb.jpg.335078799e7c0b46c368947bf3d242fa.jpg

15 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

I thought so too but a friend told my all his got destroyed by meteors in a 3k day world. And then I noticed the only one I had in my mosaic went missing some time ago. So I think they get destroyed, hope I'm wrong

I'll just think of it the natural way: Either an unlucky Summer smolder, or fire hounds attacked the tallbird.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, fierysage1 said:

Where do you look in the game files to see the characters' quotes for various items? You know, the code that kinda looks like this:

Hide contents

WAGSTAFF_NPC = "Hey Mister, are you okay? You're uh... flickering...?",

WAGSTAFF_NPC = "Bonjour! Are you in need of assistance?",

WAGSTAFF_NPC = "Hail stranger! Are ye friend or foe?",

WAGSTAFF_NPC = "What is he up to now?",

WAGSTAFF_NPC = "Should we help him? I don't mind, but he's not so sure...",

How do you guys retrieve these?

First, extract the game's scripts. It should be at <steamapps folder>/Don't Starve Together/data/databundles/scripts.zip for Win/Linux. For macOS, I believe you can view the files in the .app.

The files will be in the extracted folder, as speech_wilson.lua for example

• Thanks 1

Back awhile ago Klei addressed in a QoL update problems some people were having with the flashing of on screen lightning triggering real world health problems.

My question: Does Moonstorm lightning also have this QoL health option for those people? Because if it doesn’t it probably should.

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Back awhile ago Klei addressed in a QoL update problems some people were having with the flashing of on screen lightning triggering real world health problems.

My question: Does Moonstorm lightning also have this QoL health option for those people? Because if it doesn’t it probably should.

I think it disables lighting strikes, so it probably does work