Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

3 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Does planar damage cut through Toadstool's sporecap defense?

Planar damage does nothing special to any mob that has damage absorption (like slurtles, snurtles, rock lobsters, cave spiders, etc.). It just gets reduced like normal.
Not sure how it works on mobs like pigs and bunnymen equipped with armor, but it probably does work on them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Last I checked it doesn't affect inherent defenses.
Doesn't work on Toad, Klaus, or Rock Lobsters.

It definetly should. The dumb plants and ink blobs are allowed to slice through us like butter, then we should be able to finally give Rock Lobsters what they deserve.

• Like 4
  • Shopcat 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

25 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

update 562556 topic.

What was that and why Warbucks felt out of place for devs but suicidal 10 years old girl who romanticizing death is ok

Was it not because his mechanics were kinda...boring? I liked him and would've rather seen him improved upon rather than being removed but at the same time I do remember something along those lines being said

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dragonboooorn said:

update 562556 topic.

What was that and why Warbucks felt out of place for devs but suicidal 10 years old girl who romanticizing death is ok

Don't try to get the thread locked please. 

2 hours ago, MagicalStorm said:

Was it not because his mechanics were kinda...boring? I liked him and would've rather seen him improved upon rather than being removed but at the same time I do remember something along those lines being said

He was removed because the narrative became that they wanted a racist character, but they didn't want a racist character. There's a screenshot of JoeW saying that in the locked update thread. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, _zwb said:

Wilba is kind of a racist character considering all pigs are racist towards merms

wurt is also racist since she hates pigs and dislikes bunnymen also can't tell what wilba's quote for bunnymen mean

13 minutes ago, Oyrx said:

wurt is also racist since she hates pigs and dislikes bunnymen also can't tell what wilba's quote for bunnymen mean

She's angry at them, presumably for attacking anyone who carries meat.

2 hours ago, _zwb said:

Wilba is kind of a racist character considering all pigs are racist towards merms

also wurt

54 minutes ago, BezKa said:

If you people get this thread locked I will hurt my wall.

Please stop.

we do a little trolling

(also warbucks justice)

• Shopcat 1
  • Potato Cup 3

I have a few questions that I don’t feel deserve their own thread but due to recent events and Klei’s quick decision to edit a skin due to a few people who may or may not have been comfortable with it.. this has made me question Klei’s ENTIRE development decisions..

And I sincerely mean Everything they’ve done recently.

With the changes to Wigfrids recent Helm skin, Will other skins baring this same original design be edited or removed too?

This particular topic aside.. it’s made me look back on Klei’s past updates, and to be honest it frightens me just a little bit.

Klei releases RockJaw Sharks, some players express some completely valid concerns about phobia of Sharks, Klei then opts to add a toggle to make the sharks go away.. which is why the loot obtained from fighting them isn’t even worth it, but they LATER add a RockJaw Sail mast that any player can torment those phobia of shark players with..

Klei Releases Curse of MoonQuay- Players Whine and Complain that Pirate Raids are too Annoying and Wonkey Curse was too punishing: Klei nerfs raids into near non-existence that literally have to be force summoned with a flare, and make the Wonkey Curse as easy to get rid off as simply dying and respawning.

With a game that’s full of a bunch of different toggles to tune things to more/less/on/off- WHY was Nerfing these things to the ground the only course of action Klei decided to take??

For example: Why wasn’t there OPTIONS to decide if “Dying” could remove your Wonkey Curse or if You still needed to get rid of your Trinkets exclusively through trading Bananas with Moon Quay Queen?

In a game with world Gen toggles & content editing sliders.. why are these features going under-utilized to their fullest potential??

Speaking of Content.. that brings me to the Turn of Tides update, or to be more specific.. the Lunar Horror Mobs- Klei gets a handful of complaints about how this content was upsetting to players and suddenly they abruptly discontinue more mobs or content following this design saying they don’t fit the theme or direction they want to take the franchise in..

Thats all fine and dandy to use as an excuse Klei.. but Had that content been offered up as a Paid DLC players could’ve Opted to purchase or avoid Purchasing, I don’t think we would’ve seen the same results…

Why can a game like Borderlands and FarCry 5 get Zombie and Alien themed expansion packs but when it comes to DST this type of content (which I was actually hyped about and looked forward to seeing more of..) gets Abruptly Discontinued??

Yes I am aware at this point I’m just beating a dead horse… but I’d still love to know that IF Lunar Horror Mobs we’re offered as a paid DLC similar to Shipwrecked/Hamlet or even Borderlands Zombie Island of Dr Ned.. if Klei would’ve still jumped to discontinue them after a few discomfort complaints?

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Shopcat 1

19 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I have a few questions that I don’t feel deserve their own thread but due to recent events and Klei’s quick decision to edit a skin due to a few people who may or may not have been comfortable with it.. this has made me question Klei’s ENTIRE development decisions..

This isn't actually anything new. I don't honestly believe it's anything to majorly fear or get worked up over.
I do suggest going over JoeW's many posts noting that these changes weren't due to player complaints about them.

20 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

This particular topic aside.. it’s made me look back on Klei’s past updates, and to be honest it frightens me just a little bit.

Klei releases RockJaw Sharks, some players express some completely valid concerns about phobia of Sharks, Klei then opts to add a toggle to make the sharks go away.. which is why the loot obtained from fighting them isn’t even worth it, but they LATER add a RockJaw Sail mast that any player can torment those phobia of shark players with..

This is not the reason why the toggle was made. Most things have toggles for the sake of allowing customizability. Klei has never made changes due to phobias or fears. A lot of players still fear the bubbly spiders, on that note. I've seen players fear multiple other things in the game that have gone unchanged with their phobias being spoken about.

22 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Klei Releases Curse of MoonQuay- Players Whine and Complain that Pirate Raids are too Annoying and Wonkey Curse was too punishing: Klei nerfs raids into near non-existence that literally have to be force summoned with a flare, and make the Wonkey Curse as easy to get rid off as simply dying and respawning.

With a game that’s full of a bunch of different toggles to tune things to more/less/on/off- WHY was Nerfing these things to the ground the only course of action Klei decided to take??

This is simply how development goes. 
Player feedback is taken into account but it's never the sole reason for change. For example, dying to remove the curse wasn't a balance change but a change made to make it more lore accurate. Does it affect the balance of the mechanic? In turn, yes. It's not the sole purpose for the change taking place, though.

• Like 8

It would remove the joy of opening Klaus' bundled supplies and also the surprise element of hoarding and forgetting what you have hoarded yourself (compare it to finding spare money in a jacket or pair of jeans you have not used for a season). I think it is more fun as it is.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

It would remove the joy of opening Klaus' bundled supplies and also the surprise element of hoarding and forgetting what you have hoarded yourself (compare it to finding spare money in a jacket or pair of jeans you have not used for a season). I think it is more fun as it is.

Opened a bundle wrap full of Lightbugs by mistake once in the caves (they were meant for surface).

I never let myself confuse bundle wraps ever again.

• Big Ups 1

50 minutes ago, MagicalStorm said:

Opened a bundle wrap full of Lightbugs by mistake once in the caves (they were meant for surface).

I never let myself confuse bundle wraps ever again.

That’s what skins are good for ;) 

• Big Ups 1

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

That’s what skins are good for ;) 

There aren't enough skins for bundles...and if klei want players to use skins to differentiate bundles then why aren't there skins for backtrek watch, which has the same issue but worse?