Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

On 5/28/2023 at 5:41 AM, Mike23Ua said:

Ah so it’s so everyone gets an Eyebrella in the first winter instead of needing to go through winter 6 different times to get everyone one? gotcha…

But that still doesn’t explain what its use is for pirate raids. :lol:

I guess if you are impatient and want to get turned into Wonkey or get Polly Roger hat as soon as possible without having to sail aimlessly hoping to trigger a pirate raid or find Moon Quay - you can spam flares instead to lure them to you.

I wish it worked with summoning Bearger more than once in Autumn too.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Wavey 1

On 5/28/2023 at 1:39 AM, Mike23Ua said:

I’m trying to figure out what is the purpose of the “Hostile Flare”? It seems like an item that I will never actually use, does this thing have any actual purpose? Or is it just for summoning hostile mobs into a survival game world that’s (mostly) peaceful otherwise?

It was added to the game in order to summon Deerclops on public servers and grief new players. That is the only reasonable explanation. Either that or the developers are trying to maintain their sanity since people are whining about the strangest things and insist they get all the nice items in the game immediately.

For pirate raids it kind of makes sense, since they don't occur too frequently. I tried using the Hostile Flare once or twice to summon a pirate raid although it didn't work. Perhaps you need to be on deeper water for it to trigger. :nightmare:

• Like 2

Idk about flairs but normal pirate raids are definetly triggered anywhere as long as its on a boat. I was on a boat for 2 seconds (boat bridge between land gap) and they sensed me 

Edited by Brago-sama
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brago-sama said:

Idk about flairs but normal pirate raids are definetly triggered anywhere as long as its on a boat. I was on a boat for 2 seconds (boat bridge between land gap) and they sensed me 

You have to be no further than 200 tiles away from the monkey queen to trigger the event if I remembered the number correctly

• Like 1

1 minute ago, _zwb said:

You have to be no further than 200 tiles away from the monkey queen to trigger the event if I remembered the number correctly

Yeah something like that which means there are safe places in the world

Edited by gamehun20
  • Sanity 2

4 hours ago, gamehun20 said:

I just found this by accident can anyone explain to me what a "nitre formation" is and what it's supposed to do?

image.png.6028f92af0b3d60f8460cefd5c3c3673.png

It spawns from ponds in the caves during Acid rain. It's just extra renewable nite.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I just got an Update for the Xbox Version of DST, anyone know what this update is about?? There’s no mentioned patch notes on it anywhere. 

Strange that it would update on a Tuesday, but perhaps it is prep for Cawnival?  The event may not be live yet, so maybe you don't see any changes as a result?

• Like 1

On 6/7/2023 at 10:20 AM, 1moregame said:

Strange that it would update on a Tuesday, but perhaps it is prep for Cawnival?  The event may not be live yet, so maybe you don't see any changes as a result?

Well it’s Thursday and no Cawnival update yet.. I’m assuming the patch that was released was urgent- such as to fix a bug that crash/froze the game.. Eitherway there’s still no patch notes for it.

On 6/6/2023 at 5:24 PM, Mike23Ua said:

I just got an Update for the Xbox Version of DST, anyone know what this update is about?? There’s no mentioned patch notes on it anywhere. 

Just got ANOTHER update for DST on Xbox Series, but there’s no patch notes for either of these.

21 hours ago, Oyrx said:

are boats safe from wild fires?

If you're sailing wildfires are safer because the boat is likely the only flammable thing, so manual extinguishing or 1 ice flingo is very easy. 

• Like 1

How does damage reduction and lost durability of armor work in DST when you have one helmet with a different damage reduction than the body armor? 
For example, I am wearing a football helmet and a marble suit and I get hit by something that deals 100 damage, How much hp will I lose and how much durability will each armor lose? 
image.png.36afb733bb3dfdc5f902055502527773.pngimage.png.f94791dca0bc5f6141e9749a8d0bc795.png

19 minutes ago, Picklesaurus said:

How does damage reduction and lost durability of armor work in DST when you have one helmet with a different damage reduction than the body armor? 
For example, I am wearing a football helmet and a marble suit and I get hit by something that deals 100 damage, How much hp will I lose and how much durability will each armor lose? 
image.png.36afb733bb3dfdc5f902055502527773.pngimage.png.f94791dca0bc5f6141e9749a8d0bc795.png

From what the wiki states, it goes like this:

The incoming damage (100) gets reduced by the biggest percentage (100 minus (100 times 95%) is 5), the remaining (5) damage is applied to your health, and the absorbed (95) health gets distributed among your armor, by adding the two percentages together (175), dividing the armor values with them (80/175 and 95/175, respectively) and multiplying the absorbed health with them (95 times 80/175 equals around 43, 43 damage is applied to Football Helmet, 95 times 95/175 equals around 52, 52 damage is applied to the Marble Suit).

Edited by bloopah
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1