Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

7 hours ago, _zwb said:

What does the ninja reaction mean?

Emotes mean whatever the person who used it intended for it to mean, like for example when a Developer reacts with Ninja i think it means several things..

such as “I’m watching You..” which is intimidating if you get that emote from JoeW (jokes no offense Joe :lol:)

or it can mean “I came in like a Ninja and Squashed those Bugs before they ever knew what hit them!”

Some people just use it because they like the looks of it, or specifically because someone asked what it means..

Emotes will mean different things to different people- take me for example if I use the ShopCat Emote it’s my most rare and highly approved of emote, so if Klei releases a update that I absolutely LOVE I’ll use ShopCat, or if they patch a bug that was literally preventing me from playing the game like when the game froze and crashed anytime you walked into the sandstorm biome. I’ll use ShopCat if someone makes a gameplay suggestion that I 100% agree with and want in the game, such as for example: When the suggestion to turn the Umbralla into a deployable lantern like item was made.

However… other people could use ShopCat to as a way of expressing “Confusion” or “Disapproval” like they disagree with what your posting… but what they need to understand is that if you give me (very specifically me only..) the ShopCat emote it is the highest most prestigious emote you can use (which means you approve of/like my post)

But since people have their own meanings for what a emote means… they could’ve been using it as an Insult, unaware that to me it’s the highest honor they could bestow my posts with.

So the TL:DR- Emotes are just meant to be for fun, they can mean whatever you want to or think they should mean.

I could use Hunger for meaning I’m Hungry.. or Health for “Omg I love this!”

You never really know..

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Shopcat 1

Also what do you think is the reason Wilson doesn’t have a 3rd lunar craft other then the fact moon stone is craftable without lunar affinity because they could easily change the  recipes for moon rock and dread stone to one marble and one pure brilliance/horror or give him the ability to craft enlightened shards sense Wagstaff takes one of those instead of the corresponding amount  of dread stone equivalent or maybe make a better version of moon rock like how infused moon shards are a better version of moon shards

What kind of wrangler is shadow aligned woodie and don’t say he’s a shadow wrangler because I got the shadow part he doesn’t seem to wrangle anything  so is there a different definition of wrangler  That fits woodie

I also was thinking of a title that fits his skill better shadow beast and the description would change too basically replace the part where it says she called off the nightmare creatures but only when he’s in we’re form with something that goes along the lines of she gives you the ability too  blend in with the herd of shadows, beast to beast

because if she has the ability to call them off just like that then when do nightmare creatures still attack any shadow aligned characters at least this gives Charlie the excuse that they not under her control and the reason they don’t attack is he’s already a beast he just needed that shadow magic that is given to him as a reward for his loyalty to blend in 

Edited by Dr.Webber
  • Wavey 2

13 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

Because shadows still attack you even if shadow aligned. you are not getting a peace agreement with them just a lessened damage agreement 

Yeah but what’s the point of giving them anything if she is just going to  kill you anyway 

3 hours ago, gamehun20 said:

To make it seem like an alliance?

But what does she gain from it having them on her side will benefit her in the coming war

now that I think about it maybe the thing where they canonized  the survivors dying and coming back malleable times for don’t starve is sill in effect and death no longer has the same meaning and she’s just having some light hearted fun

• Wavey 2

Hey guys I’m playing the game as Wolfgang right now trying to unlock all 15 of his Insight points, but what I don’t understand is what the skills actually “Do”

Im mainly talking about the “Push you Limits” ones where you can raise the Mightiness meter (which turns purple) when using the Gym Mini-Game.

But what I need to know is do these Boost Wolfgang’s Damage, or does it just Increase the Duration of how long he can stay Mighty? (despite the color change in his Mighty Icon)

Because if it only increases duration only, wouldn’t it be better to Invest in the “Planar” Tree?

21 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Boost Wolfgang’s Damage, or does it just Increase the Duration of how long he can stay Mighty? (despite the color change in his Mighty Icon)

Because if it only increases duration only, wouldn’t it be better to Invest in the “Planar” Tree?

It only increases his duration of how long he can be in might form before returning normal and i would say its better to invest in the planar tree so when you get your hands on the weapons no enemy stands a chance :wilson_dorky:

Edited by ToXic Cur3
  • Like 1

Okay I just have to ask this question because it’s been bothering me a lot…

WX78 Rework added speed circuits.

Wolfgang skill Tree added SPPEEEED BOOST. (Which is slightly insane and hilarious when he is using a Cane/Normal form Leg Day/Road path = ZoOOM!)

Wes rework added a Speedy Balloon perk

Wormwood rework added speed boost while bloomed and the ability to force yourself to bloom.

Woodie Rework added speed boost with Goose Mode & Skill Tree added a Speed Boost with Wooden Cane.

Is it safe to assume that every character will get a “Speed” perk in their skill tree?

I mean at that point if Klei felt like the characters in their game walk too slowly why not just universally boost everyone’s speed instead of needing skill trees or perks to do it?

Edited by Mike23Ua

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

-snip-

I don't know if EVERY character will get a speedboost, but most of them could get some type of boost.

As to why they don't buff base speed instead

A) It'd change the game balance, every mob is balanced around the character's base speed.

B) You wouldn't get the same satisfaction of getting a speedboost

27 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Okay I just have to ask this question because it’s been bothering me a lot…

WX78 Rework added speed circuits.

Wolfgang skill Tree added SPPEEEED BOOST. (Which is slightly insane and hilarious when he is using a Cane/Normal form Leg Day/Road path = ZoOOM!)

Wes rework added a Speedy Balloon perk

Wormwood rework added speed boost while bloomed and the ability to force yourself to bloom.

Woodie Rework added speed boost with Goose Mode & Skill Tree added a Speed Boost with Wooden Cane.

Is it safe to assume that every character will get a “Speed” perk in their skill tree?

I mean at that point if Klei felt like the characters in their game walk too slowly why not just universally boost everyone’s speed instead of needing skill trees or perks to do it?

Wx already had speed in their base kit before the rework.

Wolfgang got a 10% speed that he had before the re-reworks. But now only on his normal form.

Wes got on his Rework.

Wormwood already had a speed boost before his reworks.

Woodie correct.

Out of the four skill trees, two got "speed boosts" , one was for a character that already had one, so from now onward there will be a 25% chance to a character get a conditional speed boost and another 25% for a character with a speed boost to get an upgrade since no character got both.

In conclusion, it is not safe to assume that.

they problably did not feel that, as most of those speed boosts are conditional (Wormwood =bloom, woodie = wereforms, wes = balloon, wolfgang = normal, Wx78 = slots, walter = woby).

• Like 3

On 8/10/2023 at 12:11 PM, BezKa said:

image.thumb.jpeg.44df4ab4170edc3f327253970e43da72.jpeg

Oh shot now I get it I spelled woodie as in dst like woody as in toy story 

On 8/10/2023 at 12:14 PM, bloopah said:

Perhaps it's in her nature?

undefined

Intriguing the old scorpion and the frog dilemma but I think I’m going to go with  maybe the thing where they canonized  the survivors dying and coming back malleable times for don’t starve is sill in effect and death no longer has the same meaning and she’s just having some light hearted fun Unless someone has a better idea 

Edited by Dr.Webber

1 hour ago, Dr.Webber said:

Intriguing the old scorpion and the frog dilemma but I think I’m going to go with  maybe the thing where they canonized  the survivors dying and coming back malleable times for don’t starve is sill in effect and death no longer has the same meaning and she’s just having some light hearted fun Unless someone has a better idea 

I wouldn't call the survivors being murdered in the dark "light-hearted fun", maybe unless I'm a scorpion.

14 minutes ago, bloopah said:

I wouldn't call the survivors being murdered in the dark "light-hearted fun", maybe unless I'm a scorpion.

Not for us but in a world were they always come back it would be nothing more the a prank,a practical joke and where I’m getting the light heart is they always come back one way or another good as new or easy fixed up with some booster shots

Obviously  not to the survivors but to Charlie she’s been there longer I doubt the old concept of permanence and dread even means anything to her anymore