Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

21 minutes ago, bloopah said:

Wiki says it's exactly 0.5 seconds.

Ty for the answer, I tested it earlier today, it varies between 0,533 and 0,566 for Moose form.

24 minutes ago, Juanasdf said:

I remember reading somewhere that Woodie had more loyalty time when recruiting bunnymen and pigs. Am I crazy? Was that ever a thing? Is that still in his kit?

Sorry, I don't know.

Edited by Picklesaurus

15 minutes ago, Juanasdf said:

I remember reading somewhere that Woodie had more loyalty time when recruiting bunnymen and pigs. Am I crazy? Was that ever a thing? Is that still in his kit?

I don't remember ever seeing anyone mention its removal.

10 minutes ago, Picklesaurus said:

A YouTuber reading the wiki for ad revenue is not an answer to someone asking if the wiki is right.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

A YouTuber reading the wiki for ad revenue is not an answer to someone asking if the wiki is right.

Sorry, I didnt know he was reading the wiki for ad revenue. I'll remove the link explaining woodie's bonus time to followers recruitment.

Edited by Picklesaurus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Juanasdf said:

I'm pretty sure it's still a thing. I just looked at the code and there is nothing to suggest this hidden perk has been removed, so the guide Picklesaurus linked you is up to date. link has since been edited out.

59 minutes ago, Picklesaurus said:

Sorry, I didnt know he was reading the wiki for ad revenue. I'll remove the link explaining woodie's bonus time to followers recruitment.

Funnily enough Woodie's wiki page doesn't appear to list this anywhere. There's even a comment from a month ago asking where it went.

Edited by ButterStuffed
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, ButterStuffed said:

I'm pretty sure it's still a thing. I just looked at the code and there is nothing to suggest this hidden perk has been removed, so the guide Picklesaurus linked you is up to date. link was edited out

When you check with "show me" mods, it shows like you gain bonus loyalty per food, and not an increased max time. Like that you reach max loyalty with one or 2 less foods, mostly.
But I never understood exactly if this was the case or just a thing from the mod. Can anyone clarify?

23 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

When you check with "show me" mods, it shows like you gain bonus loyalty per food, and not an increased max time. Like that you reach max loyalty with one or 2 less foods, mostly.
But I never understood exactly if this was the case or just a thing from the mod. Can anyone clarify?

Unless I am reading the code incorrectly Woodie doesn't appear to gain any bonus loyalty from giving Pigmen meat. Pigmen just get a higher maximum loyalty cap of 3 days instead of the default 2.5

Edited by ButterStuffed

Is there a way to get rid of a piece of Garden Detritus that is stuck in a Magma Pool without using a Shovel or console commands? :v

Is there a way to get rid of stage costume chest pieces? They can't be added as fuel to a fire or dumped in the ocean. Are Lure Plants the only option...?

Spoiler

20230712144801_1.thumb.jpg.5f51acbc0cf7f739240527582f46835c.jpg

20230712144817_1.thumb.jpg.f892928fa04df65989cd3bcaac97c9ec.jpg

Spoiler

20230712143705_1.thumb.jpg.ec1c9916885f3553b6e8b1bdd4c0643c.jpg

20230712143831_1.thumb.jpg.20820bf7d246e32a75445a353db027fe.jpg

PS.

I don't know why I keep writing the names of the items from the game with capital initials.

EDIT:

OK, I am stupid. Stage costumes can simply be lit with a Torch and burned after putting them on the ground.

Spoiler

20230712151757_1.thumb.jpg.d0d4c1cfa334a84e37646ff6827d9fe2.jpg

Edited by Captain_Rage

On 8/13/2020 at 7:06 PM, hoppin mandrake said:

Ever feel that you had a question about DST but felt it didn't deserve it's own thread? Well then ask it here.

There is a blue whale carcass in shipwrecked that has been bloating for 6 days and I still cannot open it with a machete. Why?

13 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

Is there a way to get rid of a piece of Garden Detritus that is stuck in a Magma Pool without using a Shovel or console commands? :v

Explosions from things like Gunpowder or Brightshade Bombs clear Garden Detritus.

image.png.2298e45361356eba42feaac31b3708d1.pngimage.png.04ae258f0bc5da0b0a77963420f5ae4e.png

• Health 1
  • Sanity 1

33 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

Is there a way to get rid of stage costume chest pieces? They can't be added as fuel to a fire or dumped in the ocean. Are Lure Plants the only option...?

Reveal hidden contents

20230712144801_1.thumb.jpg.5f51acbc0cf7f739240527582f46835c.jpg

20230712144817_1.thumb.jpg.f892928fa04df65989cd3bcaac97c9ec.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

20230712143705_1.thumb.jpg.ec1c9916885f3553b6e8b1bdd4c0643c.jpg

20230712143831_1.thumb.jpg.20820bf7d246e32a75445a353db027fe.jpg

You can use gift wraps from Winters feasts to bundle them up and drop them into the ocean(gifts sink).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bloopah said:

Explosions from things like Gunpowder or Brightshade Bombs clear Garden Detritus.

image.png.2298e45361356eba42feaac31b3708d1.pngimage.png.04ae258f0bc5da0b0a77963420f5ae4e.png

Would ground pounds from Bearger and WereBearger also break detritus? Could you switch to Woodie so that you could ground pound the trapped savannah chest so that it explodes and aggros Bearger, who you then kite to the detritus? Because I think that would be the most effective way of uprooting it, if so. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gamehun20 said:

Don't it need to explode?

Update: It was bloating for 12 days until it reached stage 2 where you can hack it open with a machete. The wiki said that it only takes 3-5 days, might have been related to loading issues since DS isn't the most bug-free game

2 hours ago, Wardin25 said:

Can you deconstruct tentacle spikes?

No

40 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:

If i catch a beefalo saddle before it hits the ground via Lazy Forager, does it still lose durability

I'm assuming that it would lose durability upon unequipping from the beefalo rather than dropping on the ground. However, no it won't lose durability.

Edit: Ok, now I am not sure because before it shook of and showed 100% but the second time it dropped to 60%

Ok, so from my understanding the server will still have it lose durability but it won't read correctly to the client? 

From what I can tell you can "catch" a saddle so that it doesn't break but if it hits the ground and you don't get it in time it will break. So technically you can have an infinite saddle, of you could just use a saddlehorn.

Edited by Starman7408
  • Thanks 1

This is probably not a genuine question but rather a thought: We all know developers are no longer casually appearing to respond to player queries as they did many years ago, but is it possible that they are actually just disguising themselves as regular users to continue participating in discussions (or arguments)? Perhaps could be any one of us...:wilson_ninja:

• Ninja 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Potato Cup 2