Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Worth noting that while DST uses the stronger absorption value then distributes damage to armors accordingly, DS just does them both in a row. First the damage gets reduced by one, then it gets reduced by the other, then it damages your health. Something to keep in mind if you go play the other one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Oyrx said:

during a warning for an antlion attack, if you retreat into the caves will it cancel it?

It's would continue in the caves but wouldn't cause sink holes on the surface

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

Does HP over time from jellybeans, Sanguine Experiment potions, and tillweed salve stack? What about character-specific health regeneration like the Beanbooster Circuit or the Compost Wrap?

I’ve accidentally canceled Compost Wrap regeneration by using a piece of rot immediately afterwards. I’m assuming it would do the same thing with Tillweed Salve and Jellybeans, but have never personally tested the interaction.

—EDIT

With the new acid rain, I vaguely remember somebody saying it causes Wormwood to bloom. Is that true? Apparently it does.

Does acid rain do anything to farms underground, such as passively increasing growth formula?

Edited by ButterStuffed

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Has anyone noticed how there is 17 Hostile Mobs on the Surface for DST and 14 Bosses/“Giants”? Uhhh why??? :( 

Giants are those mobs with the "epic" tag, I suppose some of the bosses don't have that tag

I'm sure this has been asked many times but I think it's easier to ask this here than digging through the internet. 

1. Why aren't the ruins and atrium layers below the caves? I have no coding knowledge but creating a third shard and just leaving it on standby shouldn't waste resources. Or is it so multiple players won't lead to more used servers at once? Couldn't they add an option for a ruins/atrium shard like they did with the caves to give players the choice? It seems more thematically fitting if the ruins where under the caves and the atrium were under the ruins.

2. Why can't Forge/Gorge be run on dedicated servers? I understand that Klei shut them down because they couldn't afford keeping the servers up, but letting players host these servers would let us play those events now. I know there's a mod but I'd just like to know why Klei hasn't done something like that.

Sorry if these are dumb questions. That's why I asked them here.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Pet Rock said:

1. Why aren't the ruins and atrium layers below the caves? I have no coding knowledge but creating a third shard and just leaving it on standby shouldn't waste resources. Or is it so multiple players won't lead to more used servers at once? Couldn't they add an option for a ruins/atrium shard like they did with the caves to give players the choice? It seems more thematically fitting if the ruins where under the caves and the atrium were under the ruins.

Pretty much that first bit.
Shards. It'd require another shard and a large portion of the player base already struggle to load caves as is.
I don't know the technical know-how as to why they cannot be made and set to 'sleep' until needed but that seems to be the main reasoning for the merge.

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 2

Even if they could sleep it would start lagging whenever someone goes into that shard since it's now loaded. Honestly I prefer the ruins on the same layer as the caves, less loading fewer loading screens. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Picklesaurus said:

In terms of ganing beard hair, is the most efficient way for wilson to keep shaving his beard from level 3 to level 2 or full shave?
Are two people enough to reliably do the event that turns a star caller indo a moon caller? 

If you only want beard hair, you can build a bunnymen farm and go insane when using it to farm beard. Beard lords will drop beard hair instead of bunnymen fur

• Sad Dupe 1

What is the “Lost Scrapbook Pages” for? And why do Pipspook and Boulders still read as “This Requires more Investigation”? 

the Scrapbook is Hella Confusing and doesn’t give you any sense of direction on what it wants you to do. Rather this is Intentional on Klei’s Behalf or not..

I’m assuming I need to swap to Wendy to fill in Pipspook on the Scrapbook page?? But then why doesn’t the scrapbook clearly state “Perhaps if ___ investigated this we might understand it better?”

To me it makes a lot more sense then to try and guess what the scrapbook wants you to do to fill in the pages.

Speaking of Filling in the pages…

Can we get an Achievement that’s tied to filling in the entire book?

“Seen it All & Done it All.”

• Like 3

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

What is the “Lost Scrapbook Pages” for? And why do Pipspook and Boulders still read as “This Requires more Investigation”? 

You can 'use' dropped scrapbook pages and it'll fill a slot of your scrapbook.

For the others, try interacting with them the most you can. Examining, mining, etc. To my knowledge there isn't anything preventing anyone from fully filling out a page. Though I'm not hard certain yet.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Can we get an Achievement that’s tied to filling in the entire book?

“Seen it All & Done it All.”

No. Don't even think about it.

"Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Big Ups 2

3 minutes ago, Oyrx said:

Can deadly brightshades attack grass geckos? I have a gecko pen with some grass plants and was wondering if brightshades will kill them.

I think the brightshades need to be attacked to use their spikes so unless those grass geckos have spears probably not

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1