Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Can the little Moon Marshmellows that patrol rifts be killed or am I just wasting weapon durability attacking them?

They can be hurt enough to be stunned for a bit, and take extra explosive damage, but no, you can't 'kill' them. You'd best avoid them.

• Big Ups 1

4 hours ago, -Variant said:

They can be hurt enough to be stunned for a bit, and take extra explosive damage, but no, you can't 'kill' them. You'd best avoid them.

Or be Wickerbottom, but still undesirable since you will still get an entire day's worth of grogginess at worst.

• Sad Dupe 1

I went to the Moon Quay for the first time and brought back a bunch of cave bananas. The queen gave me lots of blueprints, but the monkeys kept stealing my stuff. Aren’t you supposed to be granted immunity if you fed her bananas?

Unrelated, but can’t klaus only spawn in the mosaic or birch nut biomes?  I have scoured the land for days (after day 3 of winter) and found nothing. 

4 minutes ago, 1moregame said:

I went to the Moon Quay for the first time and brought back a bunch of cave bananas. The queen gave me lots of blueprints, but the monkeys kept stealing my stuff. Aren’t you supposed to be granted immunity if you fed her bananas?

Do you mean the stuff on the ground or do they still swipe items from your inventory? The former is always the case regardless of your rite of passage, the latter is probably a bug.

9 minutes ago, bloopah said:

Do you mean the stuff on the ground or do they still swipe items from your inventory?

Unfortunately it is from my inventory. I was afraid of that. Super frustrating to have so much stuff taken. Thanks

• Sad 1

On 5/25/2023 at 6:40 AM, 1moregame said:

Unrelated, but can’t klaus only spawn in the mosaic or birch nut biomes?  I have scoured the land for days (after day 3 of winter) and found nothing. 

Klaus only spawns in the mosaic and the deciduous. If you can't find it in the pig king deciduous and the mosaic then your world might have a second deciduous, go look for that.

32 minutes ago, _zwb said:

Klaus only spawns in the mosaic and the deciduous. If you can't find it in the pig king deciduous and the mosaic then your world might have a second deciduous, go look for that.

I had it once, that I was in cave for to long, after that I searched the 3 biomes like crazy 3 or 4 times and had no loot stash. Maybe I just didn't found it, but I think it was related the the fact, that I was in caves during the first 3 days of winter. Who knows.

• Like 1

I’m trying to figure out what is the purpose of the “Hostile Flare”? It seems like an item that I will never actually use, does this thing have any actual purpose? Or is it just for summoning hostile mobs into a survival game world that’s (mostly) peaceful otherwise?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bloopah said:

Are you only playing on servers without any enemies or something?

No seriously, what is the “Actual” purpose of the hostile flare??? 

the only thing I can think of is to lure enemies exactly WHERE I want them WHEN I want them there.

But is there some other more important usage I’m not catching onto?

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m trying to figure out what is the purpose of the “Hostile Flare”? It seems like an item that I will never actually use, does this thing have any actual purpose? Or is it just for summoning hostile mobs into a survival game world that’s (mostly) peaceful otherwise?

the whole point is to spawn different hostile mobs so players can farm for their drops more effectively
so for example if youre on a server with several people you could summon deerclops or (existing) mactusk for drops during winter so that everone doesnt need to fight over who gets something like a tam or eyeball (though moreso the eyeball since it doesnt really spawn any new mactusks but you get the idea)

its not gonna be too useful when playing alone (unless you wanna farm for a houndius or something) but its a nice option otherwise

Edited by Nettalie

Ah so it’s so everyone gets an Eyebrella in the first winter instead of needing to go through winter 6 different times to get everyone one? gotcha…

But that still doesn’t explain what its use is for pirate raids. :lol:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Ah so it’s so everyone gets an Eyebrella in the first winter instead of needing to go through winter 6 different times to get everyone one? gotcha…

But that still doesn’t explain what its use is for pirate raids. :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The important usage is to lure Pirate Raids or Deerclops to where you are.

That's also it's only usage right now. It was added during the timeframe when people were still discussing how frequent Monkey Raids should be, and it serves as a way to force them when you want.

EDIT: Forgot about Mctusk, oopsie.

Edited by -Variant

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

the only thing I can think of is to lure enemies exactly WHERE I want them WHEN I want them there.

It moves McTusks camps that are alive, it has a 50% chance to spawn a deerclops during winter (as long as there isn't another one in the world) and it has a 50% chance to spawn a pirate raid
TLDR it gives a server the ability to have multiple eyebrellas per winter by trading glommer goop

EDIT: Woops, forgot to read the rest of the replies lol... yeah what they all said

Edited by Juanasdf
  • Haha 1

The Captain's Tricorn is great for ramming stuff for resources and makes Crab King more forgiving, while Polly Roger's Hat has a greater range for passive collection, is "cheaper" to repair, and works with stacked items compared to The Lazy Forager.

Pirate Banners are unusually cheap to replace for being a medium burnable if you can find a use for that, but it's primary use is likely to be for decor.

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Don't Starve Together is a multiplayer game. You'll need 6 eyebrellas for 6 players. Plus it's handy if you need tons of houndius shootius.

18 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

1. Something that I will never use
  2. Actual purpose

These statements are meaningless in this context.

1. We don’t know how to contextualize “I will never use [this item]”. I would never use a rudder but does that change the purpose of it?
  2. “Actually” is a pseudo-word (discourse marker) and putting it in front of other words doesn’t actually give the sentence meaning if there was none to begin with

Please rephrase the question.

Edited by abrocator