Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Something very strange is going on with this game.. the other day me and a friend of mine both managed to limp away from a fight we were failing at with only 1 Health Point left for both of us.

The odds of an enemy mob doing just enough damage to leave us BOTH Limping away with literally 1 health left are Astronomically low.. 

So I’m wondering if Klei hasn’t add some sort of “last chance” Gameplay Mechanic, Basically a last chance mechanic is when you take enough damage that would normally kill you, but instead leaves you at 1 hp and if you take damage again you’ll die.

Otherwise- how do two people playing two different characters both get away at 1hp?

44 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

So I’m wondering if Klei hasn’t add some sort of “last chance” Gameplay Mechanic, Basically a last chance mechanic is when you take enough damage that would normally kill you, but instead leaves you at 1 hp and if you take damage again you’ll die.

That actually sounds like a very cool idea!, I can imagine that being an actual thing if it was some kind of upgrade to the life giving amulet, but i think in your case it was just a very interesting coincidence.

• Like 1

Does the captain's tricorn, obtained from a prime mate, reduce damage more when multiple players on the boat are wearing the hat?

Does it affect bumpers at all?

What is the max rotation speed that multiple boat rudders can get to? Is there a hard limit or does it speed up with diminishing returns?

Is there a command or mod that makes it possible to evenly and realistically place shell bells on a boat with the intention of creating a makeshift repeating music box boat? I know it's possible, but the placement mods I use make it incredibly difficult to accurately place them without them getting lost in the mess of shells.

According to the wiki, "If the farm soil tile contains fewer nutrients than the plant requires, the plant accumulates 1 stress point and produces fewer nutrients itself.", how much less does a farm plant produce when it isn't consuming a sufficient amount of nutrients?

Do fruit flies roam the area that they spawned in or will they eventually completely leave the area? If the answer is the latter, are fences or walls capable of preventing that?

13 hours ago, gamehun20 said:

Do powder monkeys on the moon quay only put their stolen loot in the stash if they enter their house or do the items get put into the stash after some time?

I domt know if its still in game or patched but if you let them steal a beefalo bell with a beef attached, it will instantly run to the stash that will have instantly spawned when he enters his house.

Edited by Brago-sama
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

So my Questions are- Will there still be a Midsummers Cawnival Year 3? Or Is the Cawnival just not coming to town this year?

Cawnival's cute, though personally I'd prefer more time/effort be put into advancing the current updates and/or giving some extra love/touch ups to the previous events.

• Like 4

Cawnival will probably be coming back this year.

When it was first released, Klei said it was a way to fill in the problem of having no events in between lunar new year and hallowed nights. It's supposed to be a regular event, even if no new changes come with it this year. If they are short on time, they will probably just release it with a bunch of skins.

• Like 2

Threads are being locked before I can ask important questions.. (most likely due to off-topic derailing of non-sense) but- I still have my important questions to ask.

Which I suppose I should directly DM a Dev about to ask, but I don’t want to disturb them while they’re busy with their work.

Someone in a now locked thread about megabases described the way the world generates lunar rifts is like taking a Dart and throwing it at a Dartboard, but it “Base-Checks” for structures and if a player built structure is nearby it discards that dart & throws another one somewhere randomly until it can find a spot to put the rifts.

For Clarity I want to express my concern has very little to do with Lunar Rifts, I’m more concerned about World Regrowth- 

For example During the Year of The Catcoon update Klei updated Catcoon Dens so that if they end up destroyed they will respawn after so many days.

Herein lies “Part” of my question: First of all how does this current Catcoon Respawning work?? Do Catcoon dens just randomly spawn in the biome they need to? Do they “Base-Check” for if your base is there and then simply won’t spawn new Catcoon Dens until you move your base and they can spawn?

This leads me to the second part of my question Klei has gone through the extra effort of making the new lunar rifts try very hard to “politely” avoid your bases, or as that other poster had put it, it tries to find a spot on the Dartboard to throw its Dart. HOWEVER What Happens when your “Base” Takes up the Entire Dartboard? Where does the game get to throw its Darts?

This doesn’t just apply to Lunar Rifts.. what if Leaky Merm Shacks, Swamp Tentacles, angry beehives, Hound Mounds, Etc.. shared these world Regrowth features that Catcoon Dens now have?? Where is the game allowed to respawn these things? If it’s even allowed to respawn them at all!

On 5/17/2023 at 4:41 PM, gamehun20 said:

Do powder monkeys on the moon quay only put their stolen loot in the stash if they enter their house or do the items get put into the stash after some time?

The loot goes to the stash when they enter the house. You can kill or hit the monkeys with a Cutless to retrieve the loot before they do so, but they will prefer to retreat to their house if you hit them while they're near it.

• Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Threads are being locked before I can ask important questions.. (most likely due to off-topic derailing of non-sense) but- I still have my important questions to ask.

Which I suppose I should directly DM a Dev about to ask, but I don’t want to disturb them while they’re busy with their work.

Someone in a now locked thread about megabases described the way the world generates lunar rifts is like taking a Dart and throwing it at a Dartboard, but it “Base-Checks” for structures and if a player built structure is nearby it discards that dart & throws another one somewhere randomly until it can find a spot to put the rifts.

For Clarity I want to express my concern has very little to do with Lunar Rifts, I’m more concerned about World Regrowth- 

For example During the Year of The Catcoon update Klei updated Catcoon Dens so that if they end up destroyed they will respawn after so many days.

Herein lies “Part” of my question: First of all how does this current Catcoon Respawning work?? Do Catcoon dens just randomly spawn in the biome they need to? Do they “Base-Check” for if your base is there and then simply won’t spawn new Catcoon Dens until you move your base and they can spawn?

This leads me to the second part of my question Klei has gone through the extra effort of making the new lunar rifts try very hard to “politely” avoid your bases, or as that other poster had put it, it tries to find a spot on the Dartboard to throw its Dart. HOWEVER What Happens when your “Base” Takes up the Entire Dartboard? Where does the game get to throw its Darts?

This doesn’t just apply to Lunar Rifts.. what if Leaky Merm Shacks, Swamp Tentacles, angry beehives, Hound Mounds, Etc.. shared these world Regrowth features that Catcoon Dens now have?? Where is the game allowed to respawn these things? If it’s even allowed to respawn them at all!

Question: why are you even asking about what happens if you base the entire island? You are not a megabaser, and even megabasers themselves don't just put down structures at every corner of the island. There's that guy Deadpool on youtube with a 10000 day mega base tour vid and he still hasn't covered the entire island with structures.

Don't ask hypothetical questions about events that will never happen, because no one will care about it to answer. Have you seen ANY megabasers complaining about rifts not spawning cause they fill the entire island with structures?

35 minutes ago, Spino43 said:

Question: why are you even asking about what happens if you base the entire island? You are not a megabaser, and even megabasers themselves don't just put down structures at every corner of the island. There's that guy Deadpool on youtube with a 10000 day mega base tour vid and he still hasn't covered the entire island with structures.

Don't ask hypothetical questions about events that will never happen, because no one will care about it to answer. Have you seen ANY megabasers complaining about rifts not spawning cause they fill the entire island with structures?

You missed the point of my Question, so I’ll do my best to shorten it down to a TL:DR- If the way content is generated into DST (Both World Regrowth & how Rifts spawn) is by taking a dart & throwing it at a dartboard to pick a location that is not part of your base, where does this dart target to land if your base is the entire Dartboard?

Edited by Mike23Ua

46 minutes ago, Spino43 said:

Hey calm down. There's no reason to get rude about this, Mike is following up on a question he asked in a previous thread that got locked for unrelated reasons, and I do in fact care to answer and was going to whenever I had the time. There's no reason to be rude.

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

If the way content is generated into DST (Both World Regrowth & how Rifts spawn) is by taking a dart & throwing it at a dartboard to pick a location that is not part of your base, where does this dart target to land if your base is the entire Dartboard?

Thanks for compressing the question down like this by the way.

So, yeah, world regrowth and rifts both work on similar mechanics, I just used rifts as an example cause iirc they were mentioned earlier in that thread. To answer your question though, in the event where the whole entire world is covered in base structures, if I understand correctly there's two scenarios that can happen:
- The most likely one is that when creating this massive world-spanning base, a player is going to miss a lot of little spots or simply will be decorating with natural decor. In this case, there'll still be free space for the game to pick locations. I've had twiggy trees pop up in my bases a lot because of this, if they can find any slightly-sparse area where there's juuust enough room to spawn, then they will.
- The less likely one is that if the world was entirely covered in structures, spaced at such a distance that there's NO valid locations for regrowth to happen... If I understand the mechanics correctly, I believe in this case the game will "throw darts" for regrowth over and over and over at different spots until eventually, after so many attempts, it'll conclude that there AREN'T any valid locations, and will just spawn whatever it wanted to in an invalid spot regardless.
In either case, it'll easily fly under the radar if it's just regrowth, but it'll still happen. A rift however would be much more noticeable.

This is my understanding of the mechanics based on how I've heard code-savvy friends talk about it over the years, but if anyone knows them better then please feel free to correct me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You missed the point of my Question, so I’ll do my best to shorten it down to a TL:DR- If the way content is generated into DST (Both World Regrowth & how Rifts spawn) is by taking a dart & throwing it at a dartboard to pick a location that is not part of your base, where does this dart target to land if your base is the entire Dartboard?

I was thinking, if there is no space on Land to spawn the new content, the game could spawn extra Land growth from a random biome that will expand just enough into an Empty Ocean Area to fit the new content that's been added? Is that too crazy of an idea?

Edited by goodguythatguy
  • Like 1
  • Shopcat 1

So looking in a different thread i now have an ocean related question. So when you drown in the ocean from boat breaking/jumping overboard/other fun ways to touch the water surface you spawn on the main island my question is can you only spawn on the main island or can you spawn on moon quay, moon island and pearl's island?

51 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

So looking in a different thread i now have an ocean related question. So when you drown in the ocean from boat breaking/jumping overboard/other fun ways to touch the water surface you spawn on the main island my question is can you only spawn on the main island or can you spawn on moon quay, moon island and pearl's island?

I crashed my Boat into Moon Quay, and fell into the water, but I spawned on Main Land, not Moon Quay. Hope that's what you were trying to find out. 

Same thing for Pearls Island.

Edited by goodguythatguy

6 hours ago, gamehun20 said:

To my knowledge the game can only wash you up on large landmasses, i.e the big lunar island and the mainland. I've experienced jumping onto my boat from pearl's island, getting knocked off into the water by a shell pile I had foolishly placed right at the edge, and then washing up all the way over at the mainland.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gamehun20 said:

15 minutes ago, sylvia wander o said:

To my knowledge the game can only wash you up on large landmasses, i.e the big lunar island and the mainland. I've experienced jumping onto my boat from pearl's island, getting knocked off into the water by a shell pile I had foolishly placed right at the edge, and then washing up all the way over at the mainland.

You can most certainly wash up on Pearl's Island and it has happened to me before. I abandoned a ship that was very near the world's edge meanwhile Pearl was in between the boat and the main land so I ended up there.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

3 minutes ago, SomebodyRandom said:

You can most certainly wash up on Pearl's Island and it has happened to me before. I abandoned a ship that was very near the world's edge meanwhile Pearl was in between the boat and the main land so I ended up there.

Maybe it works like which one you are closer to and is also close to world center? Like imagine a circle in the middle is main land and somewhere on one of the sides is pearl's so if you fall in between pearl and the edge you are spawning on pearl's if you are between pearl and main the you spawn on main because that's closer to the center of the circle?