What would you like to see at Klei Rewards?

3 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Klei literally made the perfect tool to use dosens of fans as their cultist social media slaves, that would share any message they have or promote any post they want to promote at their whim.

Nope. I don't want this. Already lots of mobile games/facebook games was/is doing that in similar or other way and this is honestly annoying. I don't want to spam friends and random people with something like "click that link for me to get for me and you some points/gems". Is just simply awful and makes me feel like a beggar.

• Developer
7 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

But more importantly I'd like more ways to earn points. Klei literally made the perfect tool to use dosens of fans as their cultist social media slaves, that would share any message they have or promote any post they want to promote at their whim. But they barely touched the awards page since its creation

Cultish social media slaves sounds awful, let's not do that. :( 

We added the reward links specifically to get away from encouraging people to boost social media stuff. Instead the idea with reward links is that when we have something we're really excited to share with our community, we can put a reward link on it and give people an incentive to read it, and hopefully after they're done people are glad they read the message even without the reward link. In other words, instead of rewarding people for following us on facebook in the hopes they read our message we're rewarding people for reading our message and you can get that message through facebook or twitter or our forums or whatever mechanism you want.

If you think there's more messages that're important enough that we should be putting reward links on them that's feedback I'd like to hear, but we don't want to spam reward links out because we do still want them to be about drawing attention to important messages. Reward links are kind of like a highlighter, saying "Hey, we put out a lot of news, but if you only have limited time for news from Klei this one here's one we think is worth your attention."

All that being said, I'm really interested to hear what people want from rewards. Do you think we're forgetting to highlight some important news? If you think we're getting all of it, do you feel like you're getting points fast enough? And please keep up the suggestions for which skins should come to the rewards system next.

45 minutes ago, TheGoldenDonut_ said:

I would like the Big Pile of Spool to actually become available. 

That one's a technical limitation - @JoeW really wants it too, but my team and I haven't had time to give it to him. Sorry. :(

My short opinion updates for DST should include some “minor” link to something like “Hey guys We just released our August QoL update and be sure to check back in September for our next character Refresh! And by the way enjoy 15 free points just for checking this page out.”

Maybe give Twitch drops a limited time before they are available outside of watching Twitch streams.. I don’t really even watch people playing ANY Game for 6 hours anyway, so I’ll admit to only doing this Twitch stuff exclusively just for DST skins.

@nome im trowing my two cents here cause i've been desperate for those skin since i've started playing the game, but would it be possible to add some of the "proof of purchase" or "loyal" skins on the reward page like the pirate bird cage, mini monument, or even other ones? It's a shame cause those skin are super mega cute and are pretty limited to PC... I know its not your guys fault that Sony rules makes it so that we can't redeem codes anymore on Ps4, but i see the reward page as an alternative for us to get those skins... That being said i would make them have a different rarity to make up with the real proof of purchase, to still have that feel of exclusivity for the one that actually managed to get the real version of the skin. On this i hope you guys at klei have a nice day and keep being so awesome!

19 minutes ago, Warlockadamm said:

@nome im trowing my two cents here cause i've been desperate for those skin since i've started playing the game, but would it be possible to add some of the "proof of purchase" or "loyal" skins on the reward page like the pirate bird cage, mini monument, or even other ones? It's a shame cause those skin are super mega cute and are pretty limited to PC... I know its not your guys fault that Sony rules makes it so that we can't redeem codes anymore on Ps4, but i see the reward page as an alternative for us to get those skins... That being said i would make them have a different rarity to make up with the real proof of purchase, to still have that feel of exclusivity for the one that actually managed to get the real version of the skin. On this i hope you guys at klei have a nice day and keep being so awesome!

Rarity only has value on PC where they can buy, sell and trade skins, Over on PS4 and Xbox things are a bit different though, Rarity for us only determines how many spools we get back from something should we choose to unravel it.

I too would love to see the proof of purchase skins added to this page, Tesla Coil Lantern and Mourning Beekeeper hat are in my top want list.

4 hours ago, nome said:

All that being said, I'm really interested to hear what people want from rewards. Do you think we're forgetting to highlight some important news? If you think we're getting all of it, do you feel like you're getting points fast enough? And please keep up the suggestions for which skins should come to the rewards system next.

I personally would like to see at least the crystalline collection. I think that with the Shadow Manipulator we finally got the end of that cycle and certainly there are a lot of people including myself coming back to the game after a pause that would love to catch up with some of the drops we might have missed. I personally missed the Eyebrella and it kinda hurts. :wilson_dead:

In general having access to old twitch skins would be highly appreciate it.

10 hours ago, nome said:

snip

while i too would adore proof-of-purchase skins and would actually pay real irl money for them(i've no use for physical goods, certainly i haven't the room) i feel it might be demoralizing to some to actually provide ones that already exist. maybe it is just because i've been an artist for so long but it feels like a direct devaluing and feels really inappropriate since part of what someone was getting by buying irls goods was a virtual companion piece. the two are of equal value as far as having bought the thing goes

On 8/11/2020 at 9:31 PM, SinancoTheBest said:

I'd like the chinese skins that we weren't able to get in the international version, namely the Stone Kiln (Firepit Reskin) and Carved Stone Torch IconStone Kiln IconCarved Stone Torch.

I was also on a corona break and missed all the new Cristaline skins after Fridge/Eyebrella and I especially regret missing out on the Salt Lamp and Honey Box. Though I'd much prefer an encore month for the entire collection like they did with the Sideshow collection first when it was completed.

But more importantly I'd like more ways to earn points. Klei literally made the perfect tool to use dosens of fans as their cultist social media slaves, that would share any message they have or promote any post they want to promote at their whim. But they barely touched the awards page since its creation. I'm sure people would love to share the new update animations on social media for points, attend scheduled klei streams for points, rate their games for points, playing in a designated klei server event for points... But as far as I'm aware no new ways for obtaining points were added. After buying the Snow Flingomatic and Hunter axe, I'm almost out of points and can only get one more thing that they up on their awards page.

Unfortunately the Klei Rewards feature is a feature that has soo much potential and is being criminally underused right now.

bump

Among other things, I'd like to see the salt shaker skin from the 1 week April Fools event. I noticed it on the last day without realizing it only going to last 1 week and thought, "eh, I'll just pick it up tomorrow" and *POOF* it was gone! So, the rewards is my best hope at recovering it! hehe

On 8/11/2020 at 9:53 PM, nome said:

Cultish social media slaves sounds awful, let's not do that. :( 

We added the reward links specifically to get away from encouraging people to boost social media stuff. Instead the idea with reward links is that when we have something we're really excited to share with our community, we can put a reward link on it and give people an incentive to read it, and hopefully after they're done people are glad they read the message even without the reward link. In other words, instead of rewarding people for following us on facebook in the hopes they read our message we're rewarding people for reading our message and you can get that message through facebook or twitter or our forums or whatever mechanism you want.

If you think there's more messages that're important enough that we should be putting reward links on them that's feedback I'd like to hear, but we don't want to spam reward links out because we do still want them to be about drawing attention to important messages. Reward links are kind of like a highlighter, saying "Hey, we put out a lot of news, but if you only have limited time for news from Klei this one here's one we think is worth your attention."

That one's a technical limitation - @JoeW really wants it too, but my team and I haven't had time to give it to him. Sorry. :(

Glass Eyebrella please. I missed that one. That was a cool skin I get it so much.

Honestly the Klei Rewards needs a way to get more passive points. Currently you've got such a limited amount of ways to get points that you can barely get more than a good few rewards from it. But I would like to see rewards of skins you can't weave with spools. Someone mentioned the alchemy engine skin, but there's also several unweavable skins too like the chests, pets, and some skins tied to discontinued store items that are practically unobtainable for most.

Archived