What would you like to see at Klei Rewards?

I strongly dislike watching streams(even leaving them idle on my comp) so I'd like to just be able to get skins of items from previous streams without having to watch them tbh.  I love the skins but I hate having to watch streams to get them, I'd seriously rather just pay money upfront to buy them which I usually do for most skins and it's annoying that I can't buy a lot of items I missed out on.

4 minutes ago, KeshS said:

You can't even put stream at the lowest resolution (160p)?

the issue is not the video it is the other people talking. my computer cannot handle that much packet updating. if i am the only person in a stream i can watch a 480 or a 720 but as soon as two blokes start pinging the chat my computer tries to vomit on itself

2 minutes ago, gaymime said:

not everyone has a smartphone. i make my phonecalls like it is 2011

Doesn’t have to be a smartphone, you can use an old iPod, IPad, Basically a touch tablet of any sort and any generation model will do.

I believe I have tons of old ones just laying around my house somewhere, and you can probably get one on like eBay or something for dirt cheap, not a new top of the line model mind you.. but Basically anything that lets you surf the Internet through WiFi will work.

My dad was telling me stories the other day about when he was homeless and he said that smart devices has changed that life-style so much now because you don’t NEED to pay a phone bill to own a smart device, You don’t need to pay an internet bill to hook up to a McDonald’s free WiFi hot spots.. He said that if he would’ve had a Smart phone/ IPad back then he could’ve watched TV, looked up when bad weather was going to wreck his cardboard box with rain, played free games and messaged people through plenty of free virtual chat apps.

Yes my dad was homeless many years ago before I was ever born.. please don’t judge.

my point is- You can probably get an IPhone 3 or an old IPad for less than 30$ and it’ll still pull the twitch streams for you.:) 

Im not rich.. my current phone isn’t top of the line (I think it’s like an 8 or something..) but it works, and all my older model phones still work too without the Sim Chips or phone bills attached to them.

I am just trying to help, hopefully you don’t see this as mean. :) 

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

snip

i understand you are trying to help but i dont think you understand what you are saying. there is a lot to owning a phone. they require a contract or a card to use and must be unlocked(which is not free) by whomever owns the brand for your device

also it is the same as if i told you to get a computer. you can get one for 100$ easily, sometimes for as low as 60$ if it is older and pre-owned but that doesn't really change the original issue

I'd like the chinese skins that we weren't able to get in the international version, namely the Stone Kiln (Firepit Reskin) and Carved Stone Torch IconStone Kiln IconCarved Stone Torch.

I was also on a corona break and missed all the new Cristaline skins after Fridge/Eyebrella and I especially regret missing out on the Salt Lamp and Honey Box. Though I'd much prefer an encore month for the entire collection like they did with the Sideshow collection first when it was completed.

But more importantly I'd like more ways to earn points. Klei literally made the perfect tool to use dosens of fans as their cultist social media slaves, that would share any message they have or promote any post they want to promote at their whim. But they barely touched the awards page since its creation. I'm sure people would love to share the new update animations on social media for points, attend scheduled klei streams for points, rate their games for points, playing in a designated klei server event for points... But as far as I'm aware no new ways for obtaining points were added. After buying the Snow Flingomatic and Hunter axe, I'm almost out of points and can only get one more thing that they up on their awards page.

Unfortunately the Klei Rewards feature is a feature that has soo much potential and is being criminally underused right now.

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Klei literally made the perfect tool to use dosens of fans as their cultist social media slaves, that would share any message they have or promote any post they want to promote at their whim. But they barely touched the awards page since its creation. I'm sure people would love to share the new update animations on social media for points, attend scheduled klei streams for points, rate their games for points, playing in a designated klei server event for points

please don't openly ask to be manipulated and abused for rewards. that is already a nasty thing a lot of major publishing companies do to their customers and it is super greasy and gross. klei(as far as i know) hasn't been malicious or evil and i would really rather they didn't start just so it would be easier to get virtual skins, yeah?

8 minutes ago, gaymime said:

please don't openly ask to be manipulated and abused for rewards. that is already a nasty thing a lot of major publishing companies do to their customers and it is super greasy and gross. klei(as far as i know) hasn't been malicious or evil and i would really rather they didn't start just so it would be easier to get virtual skins, yeah?

Well, just saying the "cult following stuff" as a hyperbole but Don't Starve Together has the opportunity to spread itself more into spotlight through the help of their fans and they really aren't utilizing this potential much with what tools they have. I'm not asking Klei to be greedy about this, it's just that using the help of the willing fans to use social media more effectively is a good antapped potential as a bigger playerbase and recognition is better for the game and its develloppers.

1 minute ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Well, just saying the "cult following stuff" as a hyperbole but Don't Starve Together has the opportunity to spread itself more into spotlight through the help of their fans and they really aren't utilizing this potential much with what tools they have. I'm not asking Klei to be greedy about this, it's just that using the help of the willing fans to use social media more effectively is a good antapped potential as a bigger playerbase and recognition is better for the game and its develloppers.

the thing is though that right now they aren't being greedy. they are only using it when they feel it is a valuable thing to do at the time. making constant and regular use is greedy though. it wouldn't be a need and it wouldn't be fair or right

Archived