Comprehensive Player QoL Wishlist

So we can avoid spreading out multiple forum posts everywhere, I figured we could all post our lists of what we would like to see in the next QoL update, you know since Klei offered :p. Try to keep it easy to read in a digestible list format of sorts, but otherwise, get creative! I'm not sure what exactly could qualify, but I assume that the main thing off the table is creating something new, but instead focusing on existing assets. 

My Personal List (From more likely to least):

• The ability to set a world gen preset to be the default, or for creating a new world to default to the last used preset, or some option like that. (I think this would be amazing help because I simply just wish to have disease off with my preset by default, but I sometimes forget).
  •  An icon for Crab King on the map once found would be nice, assuming you have to destroyed the sea-stacks to fight him in a mobile fashion.
  • Some changes to seed drop rates to help farming a little bit specifically in the early game. Potentially things like different birds dropping more of particular seeds.
  • A slight rework to wildfires (my personal hope with it being like I suggested in the spoiler where it focuses on smoldering rampaging through forests and trees as opposed to base items).
Spoiler

• A rework to disease (as unlikely as this and wildfires would be right now).

• The option for an alive Walter player to lock their Woby (so she's more like a separated backpack with legs that just a Chester you spawn in with). If the Walter player dies Woby automatically unlocks
  • Better drop rate for seeds from birds, maybe something like 100% chance for first seed of vegetable you fed the bird, 75% for second seed of fed type, 25% for third seed of fed type and then either keep the 50%  for a generic fourth seed or remove the generic seed all together

I have 2 items in mind that get rarely used at all.

1. Water Ballons raise wetness of all mobs (not only of the player and Dragonfly)

- then there would actually be a proper use for the Morningstar and Electric Darts, because you can use the damage buff on wet targets in seasons other than spring (and winter in the caves, when the water drops in the caves)

- throw Water Ballons at mobs to raise there wetness by 20 points each

- 5 ballons make them 100% wet and electric weapons do proper damage to them

- this would be extremly useful for many high health enemies (Bee Queen, Klaus, Toadstool, butterflies :))

2. Let the Morning Star be rechargable by lightning strikes

- currently the Morningstar is pretty much only used to charge Volt Goats for there milk

- to craft the Morning Star you need:

1x Volt Goat Horn (only 25% droprate, so you have to kill 4 of them to get 1 horn)

2x Nitre

2x Electrical Doodads (4 gold + 6 rocks)

- it last 6 minutes and than it breaks, back to farm 4 Volt Goats again....and again.....please kill me

How to make it a better more useful weapon?

- if you get struck by lightning it recharges 100% of its durability (it won't break anymore at 0% durability), so you don't have to farm again 4 Voltgoats...I mean you have to farm them enough for Weather Pains already, another reason why nobody builds Morning Stars

- when you have the Morning Star in your hand, you will attract lightning strikes similiary to WX78

- Lightning Rods, WX78 and Volt Goats have a higher priority to get struck by lightning, so that your base won't burn down constantly

- the Morning Star can be recharged by lightning strikes (thunderstorm in spring), the Moosling twister/lightning attack, the Telelocator Staff and Wickers "The End is Nigh" book (you have to hold the Morning Star in your hand for the recharge, so the Telelocator Staff and Wickers book have to be used by another player)

- the lightning strike damage and sanity loss can be negated if you wear the Eyebrella, Rain Coat or Rain Hat

This would give the Morning Star a proper purpose, as a rechargable weapon, that emits light and actually does decent damage on wet mobs (throw Water Ballons at them like a maniac)

Thank you Klei for the Axolotl Wurt skin! <3

Buffs for some rather useless items like tail o' three cats, morning star, bat bat and rabbit earmuffs.

One really small tweak that i would like for Wormwood is the ability to fertilize himself with rot and rotten eggs, basic berry bushes can be fertilized with that but it seems that's too much for a walking mutant sentient plant.

I have a few small things I want to see:

1- Leafy meat counts as both a meat AND vegetable. I’ve seen a lot of discussion about this on the forums, and I think the best way to approach it is to let both Wigfrid and Wurt benefit from the new crockpot recipes.

2- Ancient Guardian statue. In the last QoL, every other boss received a statue except for the Ancient Guardian. As someone who loves moon glass statue displays, I was a bit disappointed to beat him and not receive a sketch.

3- Farming overhaul. I know people will agree that farming in its current state is a bit tedious, and there are many great ideas about how this could be approached better, including planting specific seeds that continually regrow on plots until their roots are dug up. It’d just be much more manageable to not be so tied down to base to continually replant everything after harvesting every two days.

4- World Gen settings. My personal desires are for lunar content dials, allowing the lunar island to generate as part of the mainland, and being able to force spawn set pieces like the reed trap and pig-guarded grass field. This would make the process of obtaining extremely rare world generation more simple and quick.

Edit:

5- Refuel the bone helm the same way you can refuel the bone armor.

6- Create a way Merm King drops gold for Wurt, or add the Clever Disguise so she can visit Pig King herself.

7- Make Merm King’s hunger greater so we can leave the base for 4+ days without worrying about his starvation.

8- INFINITE MUSHLIGHTS/GLOWCAPS

1 minute ago, Sub-Maxwell said:

2- Ancient Guardian statue. In the last QoL, every other boss received a statue except for the Ancient Guardian. As someone who loves moon glass statue displays, I was a bit disappointed to beat him and not receive a sketch.

Yes please!

13 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

Buffs for some rather useless items like tail o' three cats, morning star, bat bat and rabbit earmuffs.

One really small tweak that i would like for Wormwood is the ability to fertilize himself with rot and rotten eggs, basic berry bushes can be fertilized with that but it seems that's too much for a walking mutant sentient plant.

Maybe something like 10 manure = full bloom for 5 days. I like this idea.

Night Light.

Id like for the Night light to be a straight upgrade to the firepit while also having another touch that favors megabasers. Right now, it is quite literally useless.

Proposal:

•  The Night Light can take any fuel item at 100% effectiveness, like a fire pit.
  •  Fuel in the night light lasts as long as it does in the fire pit.
  •  Nightmare Fuel can be used to immediately set the fire strength to max. (in other words, it's equivalent to 4 logs)
  •  If a Night Light is fueled, other nearby night lights are also fueled with 50% effectiveness. (Radius can be around a lightning rod range)
  •  To prevent map-wide light (and possibly lag), Night Lights are automatically triggered only when players fuel a nearby night light in range; no chain reactions.

Nice topic. There will be a lot of suggestions and Klei would be drowned in them, so maybe do a pol later some time that will include all listed suggestions? That way Klei can have a better understanding of what the community really want.

So when folks are building their base camps, almost everyone prefers to orient the layout in a way so that the game's walls and tiles are "squares" rather than "diamonds", right? So would anyone else like it if the game's default camera position was like that? The game's cardinal directions would probably have to be adjusted as well so that north would show everything in the "square" position rather than the "diamond" one.

It might be a much harder thing to implement than it seems though.

Edit #1: Oh, how about a trap door structure that can only be built on top of cave holes? It could be opened and closed like the wood gate and would prevent batilisks from spawning at during dusk/night. It could be crafted with say, 2 boards and a cut stone?

I like the idea of putting it all together in one post!

1. Finish Wilson's beards. (Including the new skin)

image.thumb.png.c1943b4ebc100c79fbea3e419b053c41.png

2. Be able to remove the Sketches from Potter's Wheel. You can add or remove Sketchs as an inventory.  

3. Being able to rotate the walls 

4. Being able to rotate the statues horizontally 

5. Trash can to throw disposable items. 

6. Sea particles based on climate. (Quality of the Sea for those on land)

1. Change Wormwoods compost wrap to heal 60 health over time in a similar way to jellybeans.

2. Additional ways to speed up beefalo domestication.

3. Reduce cost of nightmare armor to 2 papyrus instead of 3

4. Farms just need something to make them better.. They are just not worth the effort.

5. Beefalo should not fall asleep while being fed. It is unbelievably annoying having to constantly mount and dismount to wake them up to heal during a fight at night.

6. Reduce cost of bat bat or increase bat wing drop rate. It’s a great item just not worth grinding bat wings for.

That’s what I can think of so far.

36 minutes ago, Sub-Maxwell said:

JUSTICE FOR THE MINOTAUR!! 

Beefalo Taming:

Spoiler
  • Reduce beefalo taming times by 5 days, this would drop a perfect taming without brush to 15 days and with brush to 10 days.
  • Make a fully tamed beefalo drop a follower item (sort of like chester or glommer). This item will make the beefalo follow you to caves or leave the server with you. Only one can be carried at any given time, and it can't be placed inside containers such as backpacks.
  • Undomesticated beefalo from fully domesticated will no longer go in heat (this is to prevent abuse of creating herds in the caves). it will also allow re-taming a lost beefalo with less penalty than any other never domesticated one.

Farming:

Spoiler
  • Feeding birds a type of vegetable will always give a guaranteed drop of a second specific seed. The third seed will be RNG related (33% chance specific seed, 33% chance neutral seed, 33% chance no third seed)
  • Allow random vegetables to grow across the land, like carrots do now. Certain seasons and biomes will have more chances to grown certain vegetables.

Disease:

Spoiler

Please add a better way to deal with plants disease, available to all characters. A potion to cure, a turf to delay it, anything will be welcomed.

Items & Misc:

Spoiler
  • Reduce night armor passive drain to 5 sanity/minute, which is the same as the dusk and night have. OPTIONAL: reduce its cost from 3 papyrus and 5 nightmarefuel, to 2 papyrus and 5 nightmare fuel
  • Increase Wormwood's bramble armor durability, it still has the durability from Hamlet which is fairly low for DST standards
  • Increase the amount of uses bramble traps have, currently they present no advantage over regular tooth traps for a multiplayer environment, considering they have a high chance of killing other players if they don't carry the armor, whereas tooth traps don't require you to equip anything to use, are available to everyone, deal more damage, and are cheaper. Their larger range does not seem to compensate for DST.
  • Wormwood should get 2 compost wraps per craft instead of one, with the same crafting cost. Currently its cheaper and better to craft any other healing item for him. There's also no fertilizer advantage from just using the materials it was made of, either. Getting one more per craft will make it more convenient.
  • Make the lazy forager refuelable with an orange gem for 100% recharge (orange gems do stockpile in the late game, it will save you the problem of going to the ruins to craft more each time. It's supposed to be for lazy people). Maybe increase the number of uses as well.
  • Make rabbit earmuffs a tier 0 crafting item: no science machine required for all players. Rabbit earmuffs could maybe also add some protection from panflute on PVP, or bearger's yawn.
  • Wurt should see names on merms. Merms should teleport to their houses when lost for too long.

Wurt should see names on merms. Merms should teleport to their houses when lost for too long.

And make Wurt's Clever Disguise a fixable item please <3

Edit: Something else i would like tweaked in next LoQ update would be her tone voice. I can barely hear her voice at all. 

Archived