Comprehensive Player QoL Wishlist

Can Wormwood's bloom be buffed? As in the duration, it just feels irrelevant being active only 8 days of the year. The skins for Wormwood are fantastic and it's unfortunate the stages are locked to a few days in Spring.

2 hours ago, HeilerderWelten said:

- throw Water Ballons at mobs to raise there wetness by 20 points each

- 5 ballons make them 100% wet and electric weapons do proper damage to them

I don't think this could work how you think it would.

Waterballoons do give wetness, but only to entities with the moisture component, such as players and dragonfly. Now you might ask, why not give the moisture component to all mobs? Well, for optimisation reasons I would assume. Currently, mobs and entities only become "wet" when its raining, getting the Wet prefix and a special tag when wet. So rather I think waterballoons should tag entities/mobs as wet for a certain amount of time, raising that time each time the entity is splashed with a balloon. Instead of the regular stats system the moisture component would have.

I think a Farm Plot rework is desperately needed. It's probably the worst kept secret in DS history that farm plots, well... suck and that's been the case since before Reign of Giants. It says a lot that the highest praise you'll see for farm plots is along the lines of "eh, they're nice if you already have a reliable food source".

Now, in a vacuum, the crops you can get from them are actually great. Lots of raw crops have hunger values that can rival low-end crock pot dishes and others give quite a lot of health if you simply cook them over a campfire. And ever since Warly was added, we've gotten a whole new bunch of recipes to utilize these crops.

Unfortunately, in practice, crops don't fare so well. Farm Plots have a massive start up cost (Advanced ones anyway, Basic ones are so slow no one actually uses them), they are incredibly reliant on RNG and they are terribly inefficient even when the RNG is on your side, and not in an enjoyable way. Suppose you want to farm a specific crop, which is usually the case because no one wants to carry 5 different crops with them away from base. That means you'll have to spend dozens of days in-game planting, harvesting and then watching most of your harvest go down the drain as you feed it all to a caged bird on the off chance that you'll get more crop seeds than you started with. And it's such a shame to have so much content locked behind such a tedious mechanic.

Moreover, in the last year, we've gotten two characters who benefit greatly from crop farming (Warly and Wurt), as well as several new crop-based recipes, but farm plots have arguably gotten worse due to the inclusion of several new crops, which has further diluted the crop pool and worsened the RNG aspect. So there's more reason now to buff farm plots than there's ever been. On to the suggestions proper:

For starters, there's a couple of numerical tweaks that should take literal minutes to do and would go a loooong way towards making crop farming worthwhile. Caged birds should guarantee at least 2 crop seeds when fed a crop; this way, every other harvest will be all yours to do with as you please. It would still be pretty time consuming, but at least you would be able to farm the crops you want at a consistent rate. Additionally, reduced crafting materials for Farm Plots would help alleviate the start up cost involved in crop farming.

I'd be pretty content with just the above, but I think it would be great if we got another way or two to get crop seeds, particularly a late game way to get seeds from a specific crop in bulk. Perhaps there could be some place we could "purchase" Seed Packets a la Gorge/Crabby Hermit. Or maybe we could fish them out of the sea (don't ask me why there would be seed packets floating around the sea), or better yet, maybe we could get them from killing Bloomfin Tuna, which would also help differentiate them from Fallounders.

• A cooking spoon Walking Cane skin to make my fantasy come true with the Chef Hat as Warly- Automatically stacking Guano, Bee Stingers, Twigs on the floor
  • Replace the Oasis Birch Trees with a new Tree variety that fits thematically.
  • Potted Lunar Blossoms
  • Skins for Stone Walls, Wood Walls, Cobblestone, Carpet, Checkered Flooring, Berry Bushes, Juicy Berry Bushes, Evergreens & Birch Trees
  • fix Skittersquid getting stuck under and on boats so my boat base can stop turning into a pool table :(
  • fix Bunnymen getting stuck on top of one another
  • Overhaul the crafting menu, it's a pain to scroll through all of the recipes at times. I'd like to see an optional button that would open all the crafting recipes for you to see similarly as in terraria.

I thought of another idea- item repairing. My friends and I always end up with swords or helmets at 1-2% durability, so much so that we make a boat specifically to store our junk items on. If we could add durability together by dragging one item over another and combining them (similar to how socketing moon lenses works), this could be extremely useful.

3 hours ago, KeshS said:

Nice topic. There will be a lot of suggestions and Klei would be drowned in them, so maybe do a pol later some time that will include all listed suggestions? That way Klei can have a better understanding of what the community really want.

I was thinking of this. I'll gather as much suggestions as possible from this thread and then collate them in a poll.

People gonna hate this suggestion, But I can careless what people hate..

Lunar Island is an Island with its own Lunacy effect and is controlled by strange Moon Powers, Therefore it makes perfectly logical sense that Anytime GOOSE WOODIE Gets near the Island that he looses control of his Transformations and Drowns.

This would indefinitely Nerf the dumb new Meta Thing of “Oh Hey lets get Woodie to Rush Lunar Island and bring back all useful stuffs from there!” 

just like he can get close to the Island.. and even find it.. but he can’t get close enough to spawn there, grab all useful stuffs and leave back to main land due to the strange mystical powers forcing his Mutations.

Im fully prepared for the onslaught of confused reacts this is going to get.. but you all know I’m right.

Then I can finally have Walani cause she will finally have a purpose to you. ;) 

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Lunar Island is an Island with its own Lunacy effect and is controlled by strange Moon Powers, Therefore it makes perfectly logical sense that Anytime GOOSE WOODIE Gets near the Island that he looses control of his Transformations and Drowns.

This would indefinitely Nerf the dumb new Meta Thing of “Oh Hey lets get Woodie to Rush Lunar Island and bring back all useful stuffs from there!” 

just like he can get close to the Island.. and even find it.. but he can’t get close enough to spawn there, grab all useful stuffs and leave back to main land due to the strange mystical powers forcing his Mutations.

Im fully prepared for the onslaught of confused reacts this is going to get.. but you all know I’m right.

how is this a QoL feature

3 minutes ago, Hornete said:

how is this a QoL feature

Maybe Tell me exactly what defines Something as “QoL“ would help?

I requested for the longest of time the ability to toggle “Random” as a Weather season length & I got that in the first QoL update (the biggest feature of the entire QoL update that made my game more enjoyable to me.)

So that’s why I requested more of that- such as “Random” for length of Day, Dusk & Night.

Things that a Console player only has access to if Klei updates that menu full of stuff you can toggle more or less, off & on.

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

But this isn’t a QOL feature at all. In fact, it’s more of a hinderance of life...

Aside from the fact this isn’t practical, theres 2 reasons this wouldn’t work out:

1. The game registers the lunar island itself as a place you can wash up on, so even if goose woodie drowned you would still end up on the lunar island unless the island is right next to the shore (and if that’s a thing, Woodie is the least of your worries)

2. The main issue with raiding the island is knowing where the island is, so even if Woodie just reappears on the mainland, you can just build a super makeshift boat and run there in like 5 minutes. This would slow it down by 10-15 minutes tops, while not changing Woodie being able to grab all of the lunar loot with an extreme advantage (which honestly I never cared about, anyway).

It just feels super unnecessary IMO, and it’s not like woodie’s power has gotten worse with the moon falling down and having far more of an impact.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Maybe Tell me exactly what defines Something as “QoL“ would help?

I requested for the longest of time the ability to toggle “Random” as a Weather season length & I got that in the first QoL update (the biggest feature of the entire QoL update that made my game more enjoyable to me.)

So that’s why I requested more of that- such as “Random” for length of Day, Dusk & Night.

Things that a Console player only has access to if Klei updates that menu full of stuff you can toggle more or less, off & on.

sure! I can help with that.

Generally, imo. A QoL feature is something that improves your gaming experience just that little bit, and usually doesn't have much impact on gameplay, though it can. For example, in DS/T's last QoL update, we got lessened costs for marble armor, higher durability for the thulecite club and etc, these changes helped make some usually outcasted items, just that little bit better for players to use for themselves.

*I posted this under the update post a few hours back but I’d like to resubmit it here. I would really like to get these suggestions out there. 

In regards to the upcoming QoL update, I would really like to see resources become more renewable. Resources like saplings, irreplaceable structures and turfs are first on my list. 

I’d be nice to get saplings instead of twiggy trees when world regrowth kicks in. I’d also like to see tropical/wild berry bushes get added to the world regrowth table for more variety. 

Marble structures should be craft able along with the kingly, queen and pawn figure sketches. I understand the sketches are renewable via tumbleweeds but the chances of finding them are still extremely low. Increasing the odds of finding them after being mined or making them craft able at the alchemy would be amazing. 

Turf is the number one thing I believe should become renewable, specifically rocky turf. I currently have a 5000+ day save in which I’m starting to exhaust my rocky turf supply. Pretty soon I won’t be able to expand my base any further. Base building is one of the main reasons for me to play this game and it makes me quite sad to know that I’ll run out of base building resources at some point. With the introduction of Wurt we were given a recipe for marsh turf, I’m hoping we could get something similar for rocky turf (all the turfs really).

I play on Xbox so any mods are out of the question. Thanks in advance, have an awesome day :)

3 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Caged birds should guarantee at least 2 crop seeds when fed a crop; this way, every other harvest will be all yours to do with as you please. It would still be pretty time consuming, but at least you would be able to farm the crops you want at a consistent rate.

I think this alone would make a solid QoL change.

I could probably come up with a million ideas, but I desperately want a craftable tallbird nest. Recently me and my main friend group started a new server and it's our best playthrough yet, but sadly the world gen only created 1 single tallbird! Then somehow it's nest burnt down and now we are 400+ days in with tallbirds being an extinct species. It'd be awesome if we got a way to craft more nests!

This is a really niche thing but, I'd really like the Floral Shirt to have durability rather than spoilage. Lately I've been using Chester more and more and I've been giving chest items more of a chance since I feel less of a 'need' for a backpack, especially in spring and winter with the Rain Coat and Hibearnation Vest/Puffy Vest. And it's always bothered me that you need to craft the Floral Shirt, the one tier 3 summer chest item, every single time it's summer. On top of that because it's summer, it only lasts 12 days rather than the 15 it would've otherwise lasted. Granted, overheating doesn't happen on the first 2 days and the last day of summer if i recall correctly. But even putting that aside, 3 papyrus, 5 cactus flower and 3 silk every summer if you choose to use the Floral Shirt is a pretty steep cost imo. With the puffy vest and hibearnation vest it's a one and done deal, alongside the rain coat. the eyebrella as well but i'm sticking with chest items for this. All of these require mob drops and the shirt doesnt sure but the materials (aside from silk) being needed every year seems like a steeper cost than a winter koalefant trunk at the least.

Now, I get why it spoils, the cactus flowers are in the shirt and they spoil over time. But the same logic applies to pretty parasols and garlands and yet there's quite a few items which use petals and dark petals yet they don't spoil. The clean sweeper's an item quite a few people use now and its 'feathers' are dark petals which would otherwise spoil. My point here being that the floral shirt shouldn't spoil just because it uses cactus flowers. 

This message is wayyyyy too long just to say 'change spoilage to durability for this one item not much people use because backpacks exist' but I want to cover all my ground here on why I'd want this changed, also i talk alot when nervous and saying stuff on the forums is outside my comfort zone lol. I get that the eyebrella is a great item and all and backpacks are great for more inventory space but, it wouldn't hurt to give chest clothing items some love, and this is one chest clothing item that needs it in my opinion.

A couple more suggestions I wanted to put out there (ignore me if they are already stated):

• More efficient crafting recipe for Wormwoods' Compost Wrap.
  • Reduced time in animation for Wormwoods' Compost Wrap.
  • Bring the Tent and Siesta Lean-to in alignment stat-wise (IE: having the Siesta lean-to give +2 Sanity/min with +1 Health/min, and the Tent +2 Health/min with +1 Sanity/min to rival each other in different uses)

Change the goose seed requirement to 2 to fit with the rest.

Give Warly longer buff times with special recipies and spices (50% longer seems to decent enough to make him useful with character swaping available)

Put Geometric Placment in the game as a option like music volume

Nerf Wes

Buff Glass Cutters damage when fighting Shadow creatures to better pronounce the weakness

Give a way for Webber to call out spiders without sacerficing Hutch/Chester

Make it so that other item skins spawn in with specific corralating character skins when they spawn in (for example, different Wendy skins will give you the corralating flower if you own it).

Fix Wurts hats

Give Winona the ability to see the range of effect a object has when examining it (example: How far a lightnig rod goes, The lit area of a roaring fire pit, range of a ice flingo)

Make Trusty tape resore 20% to a tool or armor once

Allow Willow to make a componet to refuel lighters

Allow Shadow Puppet crafting to allow the gold versions of tools for crafting

Allow both berry bush types to be able to make the bush hat

Make items in the Magic tab which would change the worlds event for 20 days if you want specific items or mechanics.

Add marble pillars and the harp staue as makeables

Make the cartography table into a writing table where you can make things like a note pad for personalized reminders and remake sketchs of ones you have used

Have the ability to give pets names

There have your suggestions.

Would be great if you could make groups of mods, so if you turn a group on/off all mods of that group turn on/off. This started becoming a problem for me after the forge/gorge events with all the QOL and meme mods.

There already is a mod for that (batch enable), but it isn't being supported anymore and the way it works is really messy, with you having to press a bunch of arrows to choose what is and isn't in a batch, which can quickly become confusing and it isn't really all that intuitive. 

6 hours ago, Hornete said:

I don't think this could work how you think it would.

Waterballoons do give wetness, but only to entities with the moisture component, such as players and dragonfly. Now you might ask, why not give the moisture component to all mobs? Well, for optimisation reasons I would assume. Currently, mobs and entities only become "wet" when its raining, getting the Wet prefix and a special tag when wet. So rather I think waterballoons should tag entities/mobs as wet for a certain amount of time, raising that time each time the entity is splashed with a balloon. Instead of the regular stats system the moisture component would have.

I would be fine with that, than give mobs a certain amount of time when they are fully wet. That would give you a reason to craft more than 2-3 water ballons.

Archived