Comprehensive Player QoL Wishlist

I feel as though the Mushroom Planter should be "refueled" with more convenient resources instead of living logs. It's great when you're swimming in living logs late game, but by the time you get those logs you probably have a better way to get your veggies or fillers / manage your health, sanity, and hunger anyways.

4 hours ago, Owlrus98 said:

I feel as though the Mushroom Planter should be "refueled" with more convenient resources instead of living logs. It's great when you're swimming in living logs late game, but by the time you get those logs you probably have a better way to get your veggies or fillers / manage your health, sanity, and hunger anyways. 

I would love if they fixed it to get refueled with guano only. 

1 hour ago, Willyhoo said:

Similar to your worldgen idea, I play with lots of mods and I'd love to be able to set a preset of selected mods.

Sounds like this mod is for you. :wilson_flower:

Mods can not always be the answer for everything, I play on consoles.. we don’t have access to mods, we don’t even have the top most popular mods added to the game as free content (Which several maps in Ark Survival Evolved were player created Mods that the company liked so much they offered to everyone for free in a game update.)

While we don’t and probably won’t ever have mods.. what we DO Have is a promising looking menu full of things we can toggle on/off more/less, or none of.. And that’s probably the best we (Console) Players are going to ever get.

another aspect I forgot to mention before: world gen needs a rework:

- "more" doesn't really mean more but "lots everywhere possible." I wish "more" actually spawned a couple extra BUT in the usual biomes. Maybe just add sensible category... but really "more" and "lots" are just out of whack... here an example of "more" mc tusk camps and killer bee hives for reference

20200728122404_1.thumb.jpg.27069f58ba0631c01f70210eca12be35.jpg

20200728122426_1.thumb.jpg.33a11e93810bfd79e4c07bc4a2f75ca0.jpg

- archipelago map. (islands only) cuz why not? we got boats now... and Woodie

- also might be cool to have numbers for some kind structures  instead of "more" etc... for instance, (1, 2, 3) for McTusk Camps instead of more/lots

- if possible I would love to select certain set pieces at world gen: reed trap, developer graveyard, killer bee biome

- Also I would love to see an option to have some biomes bigger: specially a bigger desert and a bigger swamp.

48 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

Fair point, but personally I fail to see the problem with this one. Can't think of a reason why that isn't a purely beneficial change.

did you see the pics? "more" in game means ubiquitous... it's is quantifiably factual how broken/inaccurate "more" is.

and ... dst is a survival sandbox game...

17 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Mods can not always be the answer for everything, I play on consoles.. we don’t have access to mods, we don’t even have the top most popular mods added to the game as free content (Which several maps in Ark Survival Evolved were player created Mods that the company liked so much they offered to everyone for free in a game update.)

While we don’t and probably won’t ever have mods.. what we DO Have is a promising looking menu full of things we can toggle on/off more/less, or none of.. And that’s probably the best we (Console) Players are going to ever get.

I couldn't imagine not playing with mods, I'm... really bad at this game

*salute*

Here is my wishlist for a future QOL update:

• Make the celestial portal in caves able to be used by survivors to switch character. Also make the moondial able to show the moon phase in the caves (maybe only under a sinkhole light).

• Find a way to make all turfs renewable (maybe in Klaus bundle loot, instead of a charcoal, getting a random turf or in the crumpled package when fishing at oasis lake or even unlocking a tab when getting next to pig king that able you to buy some turfs for gold...).

• Prioritize lightning rod over a voltgoat when a lightning strike would hit, if not at least make the electrified voltgoat not being able to hit walls.

• Increase the number of the moon rock walls created from 4 to 6 since the cost is really expensive or reduce the cost of the moon rock walls from 12 to 6-8 moonrocks.

• Electrified voltgoat could overload WX-78 when hitting him without adding the health gain.

• Make suspicious dirt pile visible on the map, could be really usefull since setting a base in the oasis is a thing and dirt piles tend to be not visible behind structures, trees etc...
    Adding sound effect when suspicious dirt pile appears. (edit: the problem is not that i find it hard to follow the hunt, i actually find it hard to simply find one in an area which got a lot of structures and decoratives objets. I have to use c_count command to start to look for one, and most of the time it shows that none spawned and i don't wanna wait and rotate camera like a dummy the hole spring season simply to find a single dirtpile that doesn't even stay in oasis.) 

• Remove ability of mosquito to destroy structures when exploding.

26 minutes ago, hugef said:

Here is my wishlist for a future QOL update:

• Make the celestial portal in caves able to be used by survivors to switch character. Also make the moondial able to show the moon phase in the caves (maybe only under a sinkhole light).

• Find a way to make all turfs renewable (maybe in Klaus bundle loot, instead of a charcoal, getting a random turf or in the crumpled package when fishing at oasis lake or even unlocking a tab when getting next to pig king that able you to buy some turfs for gold...).

• Prioritize lightning rod over a voltgoat when a lightning strike would hit, if not at least make the electrified voltgoat not being able to hit walls.

• Increase the number of the moon rock walls created from 4 to 6 since the cost is really expensive or reduce the cost of the moon rock walls from 12 to 6-8 moonrocks.

• Electrified voltgoat could overload WX-78 when hitting him without adding the health gain.

• Make suspicious dirt pile visible on the map, could be really usefull since setting a base in the oasis is a thing and dirt piles tend to be not visible behind structures, trees etc...

Other than rock turf, what is the purpose of renewable turfs?

The entire idea behind hunts and dirt piles is that they can be difficult to track. A map icon would ruin the point.

Yeah you're right about dirt pile lmao, just found it super difficult to find in oasis when i base on the entiere surface of it. Nearly impossible. Maybe adding a sound when one appears could be nice.
About turf thought having everything renewable in the world kinda make sense since Klei is adding more and more content to fulfil this purpose. And i don't wanna dig turf of a certain biom only to decorate another one.

Archived