Comprehensive Player QoL Wishlist

4 hours ago, hugef said:

Make suspicious dirt pile visible on the map, could be really usefull since setting a base in the oasis is a thing and dirt piles tend to be not visible behind structures, trees etc...
Adding sound effect when suspicious dirt pile appears.

rotate the camera :/

4 hours ago, hugef said:

maybe in Klaus bundle loot, instead of a charcoal

the charcoal its a pun to be a "bad boy" like in some cultures that have the santa claus or the 3 mage kings presents day

I want the option to Disable a lot of gameplay content I don’t care to engage within, and because I Disabled that... enable more of content that I actually care about.

For example- Maybe I want the option to remove the Glommer Statue and Pig King set pieces from my worlds so people can’t rely on that noisy buzzing bug to regain sanity and actually have to use hats, sanity foods or stand near Wendy’s Sisturns. Or maybe I want finding Gold Nuggets to be a hard difficult task and you can’t just go to PK and get endless supplies of gold (Yep Walter you just got directly nerfed..)

But my entire argument- is that console players have a very limited pre-set of options to choose from (we do not have the more or lots more options for world Gen settings.. only Default, less or None.)

But if I Disabled... for example Every completely optional boss fight in my game- would a then be allotted more “World Memory” to toggle MORE of something else instead?

Think of it like playing Fortnite Creative mode and how your given a limited amount of “World Memory“ you can use to build your worlds, larger structures eat up more world memory but if you delete that you could then place 4-8 of a smaller ones in your map.

So for example, if I remove PK, Glommer, Bee Queen, and MacTusk camps from my world Gen.. I can then toggle “More” for things like Hound mounds, swamp tentacle, etc..

Something that players on PC May never even have to even consider because their worlds are not limited to “Default or Less” 

Although- I suppose they should ALSO have this feature if it were to ever be added to the game, because it would allow them to reduce the lag on their PC maybe?

Idk... you’ll have to excuse my PC related Ignorance- I haven’t played a game on PC since Baldurs Gate and Baldurs Gate 2.. (and no not the remasters) so it had to be at the very least over 15 years ago since I played on PC.

Let Woodie be able to manually change back to normal from his were-forms (not during full moon though) to help with healing and whatnot. This is mainly to benefit Weremoose Woodie as I (in my own opinion of course) feel as though it would only help to make that form more viable over other options when given the ability to heal a bit more often.

19 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I want the option to Disable a lot of gameplay content I don’t care to engage within, and because I Disabled that... enable more of content that I actually care about.

For example- Maybe I want the option to remove the Glommer Statue and Pig King set pieces from my worlds so people can’t rely on that noisy buzzing bug to regain sanity and actually have to use hats, sanity foods or stand near Wendy’s Sisturns. Or maybe I want finding Gold Nuggets to be a hard difficult task and you can’t just go to PK and get endless supplies of gold (Yep Walter you just got directly nerfed..)

But my entire argument- is that console players have a very limited pre-set of options to choose from (we do not have the more or lots more options for world Gen settings.. only Default, less or None.)

But if I Disabled... for example Every completely optional boss fight in my game- would a then be allotted more “World Memory” to toggle MORE of something else instead?

Think of it like playing Fortnite Creative mode and how your given a limited amount of “World Memory“ you can use to build your worlds, larger structures eat up more world memory but if you delete that you could then place 4-8 of a smaller ones in your map.

So for example, if I remove PK, Glommer, Bee Queen, and MacTusk camps from my world Gen.. I can then toggle “More” for things like Hound mounds, swamp tentacle, etc..

Something that players on PC May never even have to even consider because their worlds are not limited to “Default or Less” 

Although- I suppose they should ALSO have this feature if it were to ever be added to the game, because it would allow them to reduce the lag on their PC maybe?

Idk... you’ll have to excuse my PC related Ignorance- I haven’t played a game on PC since Baldurs Gate and Baldurs Gate 2.. (and no not the remasters) so it had to be at the very least over 15 years ago since I played on PC.

Where would you get gold without PK? The foggy graves and spider traps aren't going to last you long and the boulders aren't renewable.

Farm dragonfly for his 6 gold each time? Laughable.

This isn't "harder" this is just dumb.

1 hour ago, Viktor234 said:
  • Moleworms
  • Earthquakes
  • Sunken Chests
  • Catcoons

Yup Exactly, but being able to change these things up- Breaks the Meta of this game, and forces people to have to seek out those Moleworm, Earthquake, Sunken Chest, Catcoon.. etc.

Would people join my worlds without a PK? Hell I rarely have ever used him outside of trading him Championship Belts to get hilariously Smacked around by his pig warriors for a few minutes in that weird little mini-game so it is hard to say..

BE7A4D7C-E294-44F4-8949-C7AADDF77D6C.gif.63e34e044ee19bba1430a90c455d21c3.gif

BUT!!!! Do people really join my worlds anyway when I have the weather seasons changing rapidly and unpredictably with each passing day? Not too often- because most people I’ve encountered on Xbox.. die and leave the game. Im not saying that’s EVERYONE, don’t go putting words in my mouth here.. I’m just saying that’s MOST the ones I have encountered.

Now- the problem comes in when I want to allow people to join my world, but I DON’T want them ruining the experience by exploiting incredibly easy to obtain and upkeep items such as Bird Cage, for free endless supply of Eggs, Ice-Flingo to make summer wildfires yet another temporary hazard with a permanent solution, PK for free gold just for giving him a dead bird or rabbits carcass.

It is content that takes the challenge out of the game for me.. when building a custom world pre-set it reads as

“Your World, Your Rules.”

And we should have more options in making the people who want to “willingly” Join our world.. have to adhere to that particular worlds set of rules.

It’s like playing “The Floor is Lava” and someone joining and being like “The Floor is Floor and I will walk on it.”

If you don’t like the rules in place, don’t join my worlds it’s as simple as that.. 

Otherwise I have to BAN you and roll my servers back, and then you’ll probably go and file a report on me with Xbox Live and I’ll be Banned from XBL for a few weeks for what you thought was “Wrongfully kicking you out of my game.”

You guys on PC DONT have to deal with being locked out of playing literally any game on your console because someone filed a report against you thinking you were rude or mean to them- When in THIS GAME all I want is you to adhere to the rules I put in the description tag your supposed to read prior to joining my world.

Things I could FORCE YOU TO DO if only Klei gave me more control over World Gen Settings.

And... yet again I must bring up the point that KLEI already lets us customize our worlds to a limited degree- people simply just don’t last very long when the weather seasons and season lengths are Mad Unpredictable Chaos.

There's a fine difference between the "meta" (for instance, eyebrella over rain coat) and the basic ressources. To claim the pig king is "meta" is a gross misconception - for he is essential but not in the way you think. He's a key part of maintaining the game at a very basic level just as eating food is necessary to not fail. None of the alternatives to gold are any reliable whatsoever, even less so when they involve the caves and seas (the former being optional to a server and the latter requiring electrical doodads to make a decent boat) Nobody would invest countless boating days and all its hazards and expenses just to sustain gold via a horrible RNG chest. Choosing to play without gold is plain masochism.

(for the record I did not have to push an entire page of unrelated opinions, random GIFs and ramblings to showcase my point. You ought to take notes.)

47 minutes ago, Well-met said:

There's a fine difference between the "meta" (for instance, eyebrella over rain coat) and the basic ressources. To claim the pig king is "meta" is a gross misconception - for he is essential but not in the way you think. He's a key part of maintaining the game at a very basic level just as eating food is necessary to not fail. None of the alternatives to gold are any reliable whatsoever, even less so when they involve the caves and seas (the former being optional to a server and the latter requiring electrical doodads to make a decent boat) Nobody would invest countless boating days and all its  hazards and expenses just to sustain gold via a horrible RNG chest. Choosing to play without gold is plain masochism.

(the record I did not have to push an entire page of unrelated opinions, random GIFs and ramblings to showcase my point. You ought to take notes.)

Bottom line- are you on a PC or Xbox/PS4?

if your on the latter there IS NO OPTION to EVER disable caves content, it plays roughly into 75% of your gameplay experience, so.. what you see as “Unreliable” would therefore in fact be “Incredibly viable” for people playing on Xbox or PS4.

But if you dislike the options someone applies to their own personal worlds- Just don’t join those worlds man.

More fire damage:

Making Fire staff not useless, outside of griefing. giving willow her Firestarter role some use what she should already have. and make fire be a health challenge instead of just burning down your stuff, keeping you alive in said burned area

Archived