DST Return of Them: Troubled Waters Now Available!

Something that I noticed is that Wormwood's New Triumphant Skin doesn't have the chest change at all while blooming, unlike other skins.

I wasn't sure if it was a bug or not, since it seems weird to do make every part bloom except his chest, when every skin has always had everything change when blooming. 

If this isn't a bug and he simply doesn't have a blooming chest, perhaps it could open up and reveal more of his gem, since it seems to be tucked in my the two flaps on his chest. 

Overall, I adore this skin. It's absolutely amazing. Really the chest not changing while blooming is the only thing I was curious about, cause it seems rather odd to leave something like that out.

Keep up the good work, Loving the game!

wormwood.png

• Like 13

In reference to the QOL update, crops feel a bit outdated. For me, I think the problem with crops comes from the difficulty in obtaining the crops that you want. For example, if the player wants to try out some of the new crockpot recipes, they first have to go through the trouble gathering resources for farms, and after crafting, the player then has to wait and hope for the crops that they want. There is too much of a random element involved. The player is not able to obtain wanted crops without investing a lot of resources into farms. A simple solution would be to have various crops spawn randomly around the world like carrots currently do. This would allow players to more easily get the crops they want while also not ruining the game by making it too easy to get food. The player would then be able use the new crops in recipes or use them in farms to get more of the crops they want. 

With all that said, I also want to say thanks. There aren’t a lot of game companies that inform and involve their community in the game roadmap and updates.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chris1448 said:

So is anyone else gonna mention how off-artstyle that Axolotl Wurt skin looks?

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.467b831ff3cccddbbcb6238c71284fd6.png

Maybe they are experimenting with the art style, maybe they did a divide and conquer style with making the skins having a different art style show, maybe its because it uses pink, a non typical color for this game. There is plenty of reasons why Axolotol Wurt looks off.

Edited by Frashaw27
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jason said:

If you have things that you would like to see in the next QOL update, now's the time to let us know!

First of all, this update is amazing guys! Thanks Klei! Really digging the new skins especially Wolfgang’s. 

In regards to the upcoming QoL update, I would really like to see resources become more renewable. Resources like saplings, irreplaceable structures and turfs are first on my list. 

I’d be nice to get saplings instead of twiggy trees when world regrowth kicks in. I’d also like to see tropical/wild berry bushes get added to the world regrowth table for more variety. 

Marble structures should be craft able along with the kingly, queen and pawn figure sketches. I understand the sketches are renewable via tumbleweeds but the chances of finding them are still extremely low. Increasing the odds of finding them after being mined or making them craft able at the alchemy would be amazing. 

Turf is the number one thing I believe should become renewable, specifically rocky turf. I currently have a 5000+ day save in which I’m starting to exhaust my rocky turf supply. Pretty soon I won’t be able to expand my base any further. Base building is one of the main reasons for me to play this game and it makes me quite sad to know that I’ll run out of base building resources at some point. With the introduction of Wurt we were given a recipe for marsh turf, I’m hoping we could get something similar for rocky turf (all the turfs really).

I play on Xbox so any mods are out of the question. Thanks in advance, have an awesome day :)

Edited by De_Gatherer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Frashaw27 said:

Maybe they are experimenting with the art style, maybe they did a divide and conquer style with making the skins having a different art style show, maybe its because it uses pink, a non typical color for this game. There is plenty of reasons why Axolotol Wurt looks off.

Yeah I don't know, they didn't even give her her normal nostrils. 

Wurt_skins_paint.png.184fb296c15fb53f471b6aff7ca18e4e.pngimage.thumb.png.467b831ff3cccddbbcb6238c71284fd6.png.9e95a47a299a0f278bc6335965921d46.pngimage.thumb.png.467b831ff3cccddbbcb6238c71284fd6.png.f2664a7f391bea7359ebc95a9e9132aa.png

Did a quick edit to her nose and just doing that makes it look more like her imo, lol.

Edited by reichull
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6

5 minutes ago, Frashaw27 said:

Just now, reichull said:

Yeah I don't know, they didn't even give her her normal nostrils. 

^This pretty much, she hardly even resembles her original form anymore. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I would like if you can cultivate mandrakes with the existing ones in the start of the world and late in game you have an decent amount of them instead of just getting them from Klaus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

image.png.583a453229c85dc0819e9b3996a4c116.png

Stack your not yet 100s to get lots of points, major points for smashing a bunch of 100s back to back.

I've managed (miraculously) to gather 30,004 points and much to my dismay I didn't get the Redbird yet. How many do you need for it?

Spoiler

birb_dst.thumb.jpg.0bfccb7c6b157ab33f68117cedee9e2b.jpg

This mini-game is very eggravating! Heheh...

Edited by mathem99
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PeterA said:

woopsie! we'll get that fixed up :)

Edit: I appear to have bamboozled. It's photoshop?

A member posted in the group and I just passed on the information here. I'll see if I can get the source of that image;

Am I the only one who doesn’t nick pick skins? I mean I play with my curio cabinet like it’s legos, mixing and matching different arms, legs, torsos, & feet to create my own unique abominations to mankind.

So if Wurts new skin doesn’t match the rest of Wurts other skins I honestly could careless.

But that’s just my opinion I guess.. other people have their own reasons as to why they dislike it.