DST Return of Them: Troubled Waters Now Available!

21 hours ago, PeterA said:

woopsie! we'll get that fixed up :)

Edit: I appear to have bamboozled. It's photoshop?

This was absolutely bizarre to read browsing the thread. I made this edit and posted it to Twitter when the update dropped! I'm sorry to have confused you hahaha.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

This must be addressed in August QoL update, at least change it to cosmetic evil flower or something less... uhhh THAT!

Yeah, can we actually get a new trail for the new Wormwood skin. It just looks... Disproportionate and wrong. The contrast doesn't look... Pleasant. Even the skin's quote is "All must rot." Klei please fix.

• Like 1

As for the QoL thing... In my personal opinion:

1- I'll repeat this until this happens, infinite Willow lighter. It hurts the game in no way, you can even take away the cooking part of it for all I care.
2- Colourblind mode, please.
3- Related to "2", maybe a bit more of a non colour based distinction between fire/ice/normal hounds for the colourblind folk.
4- Make big Bernie not turn off when you get too far, this is simply so you can have him follow you around like Abigail follows Wendy. It wouldn't make a big difference, more so just so it isn't a nuisance. So you can travel around while having big Bernie follow you.
5- Make Walter's shots always hit, rn they can't hit anything that moves at a normal speed, making them useless. Just make them like darts.
6- For the love of GOD, some form of health signifier for the enemies... Like please. Just a small little bar above bosses at least.
7- Flammable. Stingers. Please.
8- Please make it so that when Webber/Wurt hold chester, the merms/spiders are not aggressive towards him. This is more of a nuisance than it is a downside.

18 minutes ago, Dudeguy225 said:

one qol change that would be nice to see is changing wormwoods flower trail depending on the skin hes using. Great job on the updates klei :)

YES! At least change the colours of the flowers to fit the colour scheme of the skin.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

8- Please make it so that when Webber/Wurt hold chester, the merms/spiders are not aggressive towards him. This is more of a nuisance than it is a downside.

i was waiting this since weeber was release

17 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

6- For the love of GOD, some form of health signifier for the enemies... Like please. Just a small little bar above bosses at least.

in raid bosses you have indicator that tells you in which % of heath is the boss (dropping skin for toadstool, screamings for bee queen, etc)

all stats in the game are hidden so having hp bars kills the emotion of, to say some examples, knowing if you have enough gear left to kill the boss, knowing if night will fall, starvation, hounds, etc. Many times i suffer trying to "clean" the screen of mobs to finish the boss and, at the end, the boss was 1 hit to be everything in a less dangerous situation

20 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

7- Flammable. Stingers. Please.

lureplants can destroy any amount of stacks if it works for you

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i was waiting this since weeber was release

in raid bosses you have indicator that tells you in which % of heath is the boss (dropping skin for toadstool, screamings for bee queen, etc)

all stats in the game are hidden so having hp bars kills the emotion of, to say some examples, knowing if you have enough gear left to kill the boss, knowing if night will fall, starvation, hounds, etc. Many times i suffer trying to "clean" the screen of mobs to finish the boss and, at the end, the boss was 1 hit to be everything in a less dangerous situation

lureplants can destroy any amount of stacks if it works for you

Lureplants aren't accessible early game.

HP bars could have a disable/enable option, in case some people dislike them. For some people it's more fun to know exactly how many items they need, how close they are. It's thrilling, fighting with no HP bars feels like beating around the dark for me. \o /

1 minute ago, Well-met said:

You aren't going to have 200 stingers early game either.

even if you did, just make boat patches.

As Wendy you are. One of the things I do when playing Wendy is clearing out all of the killer bees on sight. And leaving stuff around on the ground just makes it more laggy for a lot of people. Burning stingers would only bring more QoL to the game IMO. 

7 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I know skins aren't cannon but I need a trailer/story for that wormwood skin it has all my love and curiousity.:wickerbottomthanks:

The "Triumphants" are likely what would happen in a "what-if scenario" where the character would've been stuck to the nightmare throne for a very long period of time.

Edited by Well-met
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, Well-met said:

The "Triumphants" are likely what would happen in a "what-if scenario" where the character would've been stuck to the nightmare throne for a very long period of time.

Oh god the unspeakable horrors.

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 12

1 hour ago, Well-met said:

While I understand this is the logic behind the skins I still like to see a alternative telling where wormwood was cursed and slowly became this in his quest to find friends.

• Like 1

A great update as always, well done, Klei! :D I love how the sea is getting biome variety and also how the major issue of starving on the ocean is becoming less of a threat (e.g.: you now can rely on shark meat of barnacles rather than only seeds from every now and then - plus what you prepeared before setting sail, of course.)

As for ideas for the Quality of Life update, I'd like to propose some to be up for debate, I do hope that's alright: Like you did with Wilson's beard before, I'd love to see special flowertrails for Wormwood's skins. Finding the Crab King is quite the tedeious task it would be ever so great if perhaps Pearl's Pearl would reveal its location the same way a Thulecite Amulet does for the Ancient Key. Perhaps also touching on the boss' perma-stun mechanic and doing something against it would be great. :)

I don't really know if you guys go back to previous character refreshes - in my opinion Woodie could use an ever-so-slight tweak. As it stands the Weremoose is a tad bit weak when it comes to giants or raid boss fights. Don't get me wrong, it's crowd controlling charge is great as is, but even when fighting seasonal dangers, you'd be better off staying human, since a Weremoose could be substituted by a good enough armor and a Ham Bat. Maybe a Wigfrid-like healing mid-combat, or a slight damage increase (perhaps up to Dark Sword levels) could make him more viable in this regard. Or perhaps Klei never intended the Weremoose to be used against raid bosses, and I might be wrong.

I'm interested to see what others think about these. Thank you for reading through this! Keep up the good work, Klei! :D

• Thanks 1

Is all the Return of Them content supposed to spawn all the way out near the edges of the world? My Sea Weed stacks, salt formations etc are only spawning out in the middle of empty boring ocean..

I mean I literally have to sail though a lonely Ocean to get to an area with interesting stuff in it.

And it sucks! Is this a problem with the content retro fitting into my existing world? Or is this the way Return of Them content is supposed to always generate?

I agree with people that farms need a bit of a rework. With all the vegetables added in Warly’s update it makes it much harder to find and get the things that you need, especially since you’re usually not going to have a large amount due to the cost. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1