DST Return of Them: Troubled Waters Now Available!

On 7/16/2020 at 1:26 PM, Terra B Welch said:
On 7/16/2020 at 1:23 PM, PeterA said:

They are not. They'll be dropping and accessible on the Steam Marketplace.

oh boy I can't wait to be charged a fortune for an apron ;.;

Why can't they be weavable or use the point system. I have so many points and have nothing to spend them on. Please let them be Weavable! :concern:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 2

On 7/17/2020 at 5:59 PM, Tapirus said:

I would like to see some thorns growing on his chest, surrounding the gem.

Before that, one can look at "opened flower" Spring variant and point the fact is rather high as positioning goes on theoretical head. Perhaps the reason is balancing positions of head-slot items, still imo it looks weird. Below a comparison between current state and what I envision (plus a visual representation of your proposal as well with already-existing thorn models):

triumphant-model.thumb.png.61b77e948c54e9c2dc9a4fe7a08bae84.png

• Like 10

Here are my ideas copied from the suggestions part of the forums. 

I hope you all enjoy them and can maybe give a bit of your own ideas in here. 

1. Let players move items closer together for example crockpots,flingos etc as of right now items need to sometimes be super far away from each other in order to be placed down.
  2. The ability to disable Lightning for some players who suffer from health issues this heavy flashing can cause serious issues this should allow for a disable button in the menu.
  3. Disable WX Overcharge noise, Sanity Noise. I have completely disabled all ambient noise due to the constant sound.
  4. Allow for Wurt to be 100% Immune to Rain. 
  5. Allow players to Ping / Share the map with other players without the use of mods. 
  6. This is more of an idea but I really really think its an awesome idea. The idea would be something called a "Cookbook". It would be on a mantle next to the kitchen or where ever you would place it in your base. The idea would be every time you finish a recipe or cook a new meal it would add the recipe to the cookbook. It would act similar to the science tab where it would offer sanity in return for cooking a complete recipe. The recipe would then be stored in the cookbook for later uses similar to the gorge cookbook. This would give new players joining a server a guide on what ingredients to use while making stuff and encourage others to make new recipes to gain sanity.
  7. Give the option to prevent the do you want to enable these mods when launching DST.
  8. Allow for the server to be changed from Survival , Endless , Wilderness mode after the server has been launched.
  9. Give a few bosses some more benefits for killing them example killing  the toadstool prevents rain for the rest of spring. 
  10. Add the ability to minimize the map to a smaller map so when pressing m you are not completely blinded by the entire map itself. 
  11. Improve the use of chester perhaps give him for ability. Maybe allow for him to be transformed without needing a full moon.
  12. Make a mod preset so when you choose a new world you are not forced to re enable all your favourite mods every single time.
  13. Add the Forge/Gorge option to add to the regular game upon killing the fuel weaver while the port is open give the options to the players who are around it to enter into a match of the forge/gorge it would offer a cool incentive for defeating the final boss.

These are my communities top ideas. I hope you enjoy them. 

• Like 8

On 7/16/2020 at 9:52 PM, Blue Moth said:
Spoiler

i fixed her with bad photoshop

image.thumb.png.88c3afee20dc9c9b14b22ceba1350366.png

so i rather like how the new skin looks on her but on the other hand you do have me sold on giving back her old mouth

also i 100% understand the lack of flower changing is because it would disproportionately alter the 'value' of wormwood skins(as they would take a lot more work to create) but i do also wish they could at least have a colour slider so that they were the same colours as the head skin

also, also, it would be so amazing if the flowers bloomed while wormwood was walking on lunar turfs just for the sheer joy of seeing the loving work put into the animation and for people who really do take his lore seriously

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AllFunNGamez said:

1. Let players move items closer together for example crockpots,flingos etc as of right now items need to sometimes be super far away from each other in order to be placed down.
  2. The ability to disable Lightning for some players who suffer from health issues this heavy flashing can cause serious issues this should allow for a disable button in the menu.
  3. Disable WX Overcharge noise, Sanity Noise. I have completely disabled all ambient noise due to the constant sound.
  5. Allow players to Ping / Share the map with other players without the use of mods. 
  6. This is more of an idea but I really really think its an awesome idea. The idea would be something called a "Cookbook". It would be on a mantle next to the kitchen or where ever you would place it in your base. The idea would be every time you finish a recipe or cook a new meal it would add the recipe to the cookbook. It would act similar to the science tab where it would offer sanity in return for cooking a complete recipe. The recipe would then be stored in the cookbook for later uses similar to the gorge cookbook. This would give new players joining a server a guide on what ingredients to use while making stuff and encourage others to make new recipes to gain sanity.
  7. Give the option to prevent the do you want to enable these mods when launching DST.
  8. Allow for the server to be changed from Survival , Endless , Wilderness mode after the server has been launched.
  9. Give a few bosses some more benefits for killing them example killing  the toadstool prevents rain for the rest of spring. 
  10. Add the ability to minimize the map to a smaller map so when pressing m you are not completely blinded by the entire map itself. 
  11. Improve the use of chester perhaps give him for ability. Maybe allow for him to be transformed without needing a full moon.
  12. Make a mod preset so when you choose a new world you are not forced to re enable all your favourite mods every single time.
  13. Add the Forge/Gorge option to add to the regular game upon killing the fuel weaver while the port is open give the options to the players who are around it to enter into a match of the forge/gorge it would offer a cool incentive for defeating the final boss.

Yes, yes and so much YES!!! Especially the Wurt suggestion. It's stupid that she's not immune to it. But I feel like Wormwood should gain some benefits from rain as well, maybe like gaining some hunger over time? Like, if it's raining and it's daytime he'll gain some hunger regen instead of drain. But yeah, YES to all of these suggestions.

• Like 5

I really dont see the point for wetness resistance/perk to Wurt and Wormwood. Is it just because it makes sense? In my opinion, I dont want it. Because I feel Wurt and Wormwood have a good amount of perks already and theres no need for more. I also really dont like the idea of a seasons challenge entirely gone for a character, that's really lazy imo.

• Like 2

Biggest QoL suggestion from me is removing/fixing build order. Not sure if its a bug or what that you have to place certain things first to get them closer than you can otherwise, but it's particularly annoying & tedious for how important it is on boats.

Just let us place them close regsrdless of which objects were placed first.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I really dont see the point for wetness resistance/perk to Wurt and Wormwood. Is it just because it makes sense? In my opinion, I dont want it. Because I feel Wurt and Wormwood have a good amount of perks already and theres no need for more. I also really dont like the idea of a seasons challenge entirely gone for a character, that's really lazy imo.

I think they should be able to jump into ponds or into the ocean and maybe receive stat buffs (like very slow health regen or something) but only because they are literally fish and plants..

Well Wurt- I dunno, but for Wormwood.. jumping into a pond would be the equivalent of Watering a plant.

Would it make them easier to play as? You bet it would.. but would it make sense to have? Of course! Do they NEED it?? ... No.

And if they got perks from it then they would need new Cons that balance that.. 

For example- If Wormwood could jump in ponds then it only makes sense for him to be more likely to catch on fire again. 

Wurt (if she is a Fish) would suffer most in Summer when it’s hot and her scaled body can’t breath in Water.

But again do we NEED any of that? No.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AllFunNGamez said:

very cool suggestions. my comments on this and some additions of my own:

1. Yes pls, remove invisible boxes specially for walls and flingos. So annoying to feel restricted when there are invisible spaces preventing you from building the things the way you want

2 & 3. yes, IMO tuning sounds and lightning effects should have been in the game long time ago: sanity noises, piercing sounds in general and light effects.

4. agreed. Following character logic totally makes sense: Willow is immune to fire = Wurt should be immune to rain

5. Ping: yes, Share maps: no. I think that sharing maps would make obsolete an already present solution when you already can make maps in the game, but Pings absolutely useful to get together and coordinate.

6. Glorious idea. A Cookbook would make the game way more noob friendly and a way to help people without really babysitting. 10/10

7 & 8. I really don't mind this... but sure why not

9. NO, I'm sorry but this is a bad idea... ik rain can be annoying but having rain is what makes farming in spring so damn good for regrowing in general: reeds, grass and other resources... sorry but I really dislike the idea of messing with resource growing cycles.

10. yes that would be nice. tbh adding a mini map on screen would be nice too... something you can pop up sometimes and then click away when you don't need it anymore without to being blind to what's happening

11. more transformations would make dst chester feel more unique. I agree.

12. Yes, absolutely. Mod preset, mod list, favorites, search bar, all that.

13. I disagree. I think Forge/Gorge integration on the server would be really hard to achieve without massive lag issues UNLESS it's like a separate island. Otherwise you'd be running 3/4 servers and with dst coding that would be nearly impossible to make it run smoothly, specially on the average pc or laptop

----------------------------------------------------------------

here my suggestions:

1. Regarding chester: more chester-like pets would be nice. It's a bit meh having only one on the server for all players

2. Allow the suspicious marble pieces to have their own icon on the map. This simply makes sense.

3. Reeds need a bit of a rework. Either make them shovable, renewable or have a late-game recipe to craft them. Ik we got some extra on the lunar island but still they are simply way too fragile and specially for players that use them heavily is simply a pain and grind to take care of them when there is no way to replant them somewhere else. Ik that many players tend to ignore them unless they are Wicker or Maxwell and tbh it's a damn shame cuz they are probs one of the most underutilized items in the game due to the grind it is to gather them. Next point ties into this as well

4. Many people don't really bother making darts because you are bound to make one at the time and even as Winona is simply annoying to have to craft many items like darts, boards, rope, etc. That's why I think it would be useful to add bulk craft for x5 and x10 using the same time it takes too craft individually but with less clicks/key strokes. This would make crafting way more fun.

5. Make domestication permanent after reaching 100%. As it is rn, domestication is a pain and it would make so much sense and ,most importantly, so much fun to make the taming goal to be worth it by having your beefalo be tamed forever.

6. Make the furnace or other structure (preferably the furnace cuz makes sense. It's a furnace after all) a cooking/baking furnace for stacks of food. Cooking stacks of meat or berries is a pretty tedious task. If we could just make it work pretty much like a Fire Packim without restoring the durability of food that would be really amazing (I think making cooked food 100% durability would be OP)

7. Improve the lazy deserter's functionality by creating a shadow duplicate that allows to travel when playing alone. It should  cost you 100% sanity and you can have only one active at the time.

8. Build up a leveling up for pets to gain more abilities or upgrade system to make them more useful instead of crying annoyances. This could tie up with suggestion 1

9. Add an item to make goats follow you. Like a bait kinda thing for moving goats around. 

10. Pls add Ancient Guardian Statue to the Sculpt Tab pls

These are the ones off the top of my head. Maybe some other later :)

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 2

My personal biggest wish for a Quality of Life update would have to be a farming update of any kind. I absolutely adored how the crops worked in the Gorge, and would love to see something similar to that.

Maybe we could even get some of the newer crops to appear as wild crops out in the open? Perhaps they could even be locked behind specific biomes, like dark forest for potatoes, and maybe reintroducing the mushrooms from the gorge as a swamp crop?

I think that could go a long way for a nice quality of life update for Wurt, Warly, and everyone else.

Edited by Lumberlocke
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Lumberlocke said:

something about farms

I see many people complaining about how improved farms are too expensive and don't pay off, so perhaps improved farms could have a small chance to drop extra crops when harvesting, so you could get 2 for a price of 1.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SoupRiced said:

I see many people complaining about how improved farms are too expensive and don't pay off, so perhaps improved farms could have a small chance to drop extra crops when harvesting, so you could get 2 for a price of 1.

This is a good idea but I still don't think the payoff is enough to go out of your way to maintain them just for a chance at double output. Other food methods would still be far superior.

13 hours ago, AllFunNGamez said:

10. Add the ability to minimize the map to a smaller map so when pressing m you are not completely blinded by the entire map

I enjoy the challenge of not having the map readily available. If I want to check out the map - I possibly put myself in danger. If the functionality of mini-map was optional however - sure :)

• Like 2

I have an idea for a Webber update: maybe he could turn more like A spider or human depending on who he is around more. He could have like a humanity bar telling you if he is more spider than human. He could gain different abilities from being more spider-like, like a huge health increase and sanity decrease, gaining a lunge attack, minor night vision, the ability to sleep in spider nests, And if he is attacked any where near other spiders, they will come to his aid. The downsides to being more spider is that you won’t be able to use tools or wear clothes and anything that would normally attack a spider will attack you. This means no more Beefalo taming, salamanders, Or rock lobsters. Now if you decide to become more human then the upsides would be that pigs, bunnymen     And catcoons will no longer immediately attack you outside the normal reasons that they would, but you still can’t befriend them. Another upside is that you could gain more pro efficiency from using farms, crockpots, tools, and Beefalo taming. The down side is that you lose any ties to spiders and they now attack you on sight, and you are now slowed by the webbings. Let me know if there is some issues with my idea!

For QOL update I would appreciate that lightning will no longer close chests and fridges when I'm looking inside of them. The closing seems to be rather pure annoyance than something that balances/makes the game harder.

Edited by 0xF741B84C
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, 0xF741B84C said:

For QOL update I would appreciate that lightning will no longer close chests and fridges when I'm looking inside of them. The closing seems to be rather pure annoyance than something that balances/makes the game harder.

its like you character scares of the lighting

Yes, I get it but does it add anything to the game? Also in singleplayer DS this is not a thing.

Edit: If it is because of the characters get scared then deliver it in form of quote and don't interrupt me in middle of sorting or getting materials.

Edited by 0xF741B84C
  • Like 2

On 7/16/2020 at 10:01 PM, NoscopeFelix said:

The face I make when I come back from food scavenging and see that someone burned the base.

CAF815C2-E148-4832-B9A3-C53D710D4EC7.png

I think what makes this skin so bad is the dress... they could have incorporated flowers around the face instead of that weird dress that doesn't make any sense at all

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Karmattack said:

A QOL that I personally would enjoy is the return of sets having ensemble emotes, and more emotes in general. 

Emotes are so fun but seem to get the least love when it comes to new releases.

the gesture wheel is gonna get so tiny and crowded though

Edited by Well-met