DST Return of Them: Troubled Waters Now Available!

Ever since Walter has been introduced Wigfrid looses a small amount of sanity when hit by monsters. It is very minor and I dont run stuff to show a log on this I just play her All the time with 800 hrs + logged into the game with this being my main character I can assure you it is not normal. 

I would really like an option when creating a world you can make it purely solo.. Not even local play. I don’t have the original Don’t Starve game so I can only play DST, but since I cant play online I find it really hard to do fights when the health is adjusted to have multiple people fighting :)

46 minutes ago, omarahtopaz said:

Ever since Walter has been introduced Wigfrid looses a small amount of sanity when hit by monsters. It is very minor and I dont run stuff to show a log on this I just play her All the time with 800 hrs + logged into the game with this being my main character I can assure you it is not normal. 

This should not be happening. I just tested it and nothing.

Are you sure the sanity loss isn't just from the negative sanity aura mobs have?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kynoox_ said:

This would be a really good QoL for when Creative Mode is on

image.thumb.png.5ea93f0a0a179bf9be7227df7fd31ec3.png

This would be SUPER useful. I'd love to have a separate tab for all the non-prototypable tabs instead of having to scroll through all the tabs layered over each other.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, gaymime said:

so what exactly is creative mode?

All recipes unlocked. That's it really, there isn't a official creative mode.

You can use the c_freecrafting() console command to give yourself all recipes.

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2020 at 12:47 PM, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Before that, one can look at "opened flower" Spring variant and point the fact is rather high as positioning goes on theoretical head. Perhaps the reason is balancing positions of head-slot items, still imo it looks weird. Below a comparison between current state and what I envision (plus a visual representation of your proposal as well with already-existing thorn models):

triumphant-model.thumb.png.61b77e948c54e9c2dc9a4fe7a08bae84.png

A good improvement for the skin, I hope Klei take in consideration make some changes.

• Thanks 1

Perhaps the caves can be revisited? A lot of the things down there haven't been modified, especially the cave portal. A major quality of life change would be 1. Fixing the portal so that players can despawn from it if it's constructed with moonrocks. And 2. If a player were to despawn in the caves, they would respawn from the cave portal, instead of wait to transition to the surface's portal to go back for their stuff.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Dextops said:

All this time and I’m still trying to figure out the point of rock jaws

ez - the point of the rock jaws is to keep you from interacting too much with any ocean content.  Consider it like seasons, where everything about it is either bad or annoying so you just base in the caves.

• Like 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

@Dextopsthe necromancer.
For a second I got happy and confused that we had a new update.

I don’t want to put too much hope on you but, we should most likely get the May update beta Tommorow since that’ll be the second Thursday in the Month of May. (If not for sure the week after!) 

• Like 2
  • Wavey 2

3 hours ago, Dextops said:

All this time and I’m still trying to figure out the point of rock jaws

Their main functions are:
1. An active threat on the ocean.
2. Food delivery, like Hounds.
3. Ambience!
And then there's all sorts of emergent gameplay that comes from the way that, once you show them you're not easy prey and they stop pursuing your boat, they'll go around attacking anything else nearby. I've used them to kill sea weeds during the day before, and they nicely distract sea striders in the waterlogged biome.

They don't have a unique drop, which I'm inclined to believe is what you're referring to by "the point", but they have so many purposes in gameplay that I would consider such a thing just extra on top. It doesn't feel like they're lacking anything right now.

• Like 4

There are a lot of things that were in the game before that do not have a point. Catcoons, gobblers, merms really unless you play Wurt, splumonkeys... some things are just there for ambience and to fill up space.

I think this update was good because it introduced the sense of danger to the ocean that we already experience on the mainland. That's what dst is about, especially when you're new to it, the fear that anything and everything wants to kill you.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Roodmas said:

There are a lot of things that were in the game before that do not have a point. Catcoons, gobblers, merms really unless you play Wurt, splumonkeys... some things are just there for ambience and to fill up space.

I think this update was good because it introduced the sense of danger to the ocean that we already experience on the mainland. That's what dst is about, especially when you're new to it, the fear that anything and everything wants to kill you.

Wouldn't be so bad if the content out there was worth fighting for.

Since you can just not, having so many high risk / low reward things at sea reduce how much we actually use it.

Edited by Shosuko
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shosuko said:

Wouldn't be so bad if the content out there was worth fighting for.

Salt boxes, stone fruit bushes, glass axes/cutters, malbatross watering can, barnacles, bull kelp, banana bushes, docks... And that's just me listing the things I think would be commonly considered "good enough" to take the risk, it's not even mentioning more subjective ones like sunken treasures, a surplus of leafy meat, salt itself, knobbly nuts, figs, ocean fishing and all it entails, lune trees, palmcone trees, anenemies, etc. There's a lot of cool stuff out there!

• Thanks 4

21 minutes ago, Duck986 said:

my guys be raising this post from the dead to talk about big rocky feesh

I know right? Klei should probably lock this thread cause I got really excited it was a Troubled Waters part 2 with Ocean Rifts.. but nope.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad Dupe 1