Walter & Woby Arrive June 15th!

27 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Is not afraid of anything, except getting hurt

• Does not lose sanity from the dark, being near giants, etc
  • Will lose sanity every time he takes damage
  • Will continue to slowly lose sanity while health is below 100%

wow i cant wait for the discourse about this

Klei, to be honest, this character needs a HUGE nerf, especially when it comes to his sanity... He basically negates fuelweaver special attacks and can explore the whole map by day 5? It's absolutely OP, I personally would be less angry about him if he was buyable, but for free? 

17 hours ago, JoeW said:

Is not afraid of anything, except getting hurt

here is a question: Will bee queen crown work for Walter at all? If he is unaffected by sanity aura's. there is nothing for the bee crown to reverse.

Edit: Further question... will the sanity loss from being injured get reversed?
I highly doubt it will, because im sure its just like eating a food or standing in darkness, where it isnt an aura 

So far, I see no point in playing him. All he does is what... Regen sanity? Sanity holds no value in don't starve together, well... Free nightmare fuel. Also... Why did you guys think it'd be a good idea to add a solo survival oriented character into a coop game, so he could regen sanity??? Yeah, no. From what I see so far, from the way you described it. THis character entire gets replaced by green caps and chester. And his sling shot better be infinite, otherwise what are we left with? Sanity regen for all... Woohoo...

Also, it was very obvious that a child scout character would be useless without over the top perks that make no sense, so no wonder his dog is just a copy pasted version of Bernie.

Anyhow, this is my opinion based on their wording and what they posted. Let's pray he's actually useful for something other than being replaced by 2 items.

Don't get your panties in a twist, this is just an opinion.

Woby, the slingshot and those lines below really get my attention :encouragement:

26 minutes ago, JoeW said:
  • Restores sanity when near enough trees

Walter sure looks like having a great nomadic playstyle and I can definitely see how my future world with him will be different than the others (firepit and spider nest at key points on the map, forest nearby per example)

I was ready to pay for him, but as he's free now I am ready to pay for his skins or belongings'skins. Whatever will be next week :cupcake:

36 minutes ago, JoeW said:

walter-coming-soon-date.png

Walter the Fearless is set to arrive in the Constant next week! Free for all DST players

Here are the details: (Some details may change before launch but this is what we are expecting.)

Walter

• Has a slingshot 
  • Attacks from the slingshot will not draw aggro if the target is fighting something else
  • Special Slingshot ammo
    • Freeze (similar to the ice staff)
    • Slow-Down Rounds (reduces the target’s movement speed)
    • Poop Pellets (causes the target to stop attacking you)
    • Cursed Rounds (spawns shadow tentacles)
  • Is not afraid of anything, except getting hurt
  • Has a new hat that will reduce the sanity loss when getting hit
  • Walter can craft a portable camping tent to take with him
  • Allergic to bees
    • Takes extra damage from bees, this damage is not reduced by armour
  • Fast cooking over a fire
  • Reduced hunger drain while sleeping in tents and bedrolls
  • Has a friend named Woby that will join him in the constant
  • Restores sanity when near enough trees
  • Walter can tell stories at the campfire that will cause other survivors to restore some sanity

Woby

• Has 2 forms, small and big
  • Both forms give access to an inventory container (like chester)
  • Big Woby can be ridden by Walter (like a domesticated beefalo)
  • Woby only eats monster meat
  • Feeding small Woby enough monster meat will transform her into her big form
  • Woby will revert to her small form when starving
  • Woby is scared of everything and will not participate in combat
  • If the player is hit while riding Woby, Woby will buck the player off

Of course we also have some new skins, new streaming items and more. And click here to get 450 spool just for checking out this post. And just because I like all the speculation... here is an image from the next short. 

See you next week!  

walterwoby_sc03_000001.png

Also, Klei, I have a suggestion, a plead.

Please just, instead of slowing down enemies with his "Slow Down Rounds", just make him reduce the enemies attack spead by like, 25% with it.

Just give us this, and make him somewhat team oriented. 

P L E A S E!

I like the fact that he is a "dual character" (like Wendy/Abby), but I don't know what to think about the perks and stuff. We'll see them in action. 

I DO like that thing that says he doesn't get aggro from mobs that are fighting other things (or players, I assume), he can be a "support/ranged" thingy.

On top of all: Free. Thank you Klei, and thank you too for the big donation, you guys are great. 

32 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

A collection of random, non synergistic upsides, with a meaningless downside (because sanity is STILL a joke).

He sounds like he might be fun, but what is the point? What is the theme? What makes his gameplay unique?

This looks similar to Wurt, a total lack of direction that looks like a combination of many different workshop characters all piled into one character, without any thought.

But what about slingshot and "Special Slingshot ammo"  . Craft many times ammo and Slingshot ( or it works like warly crocpots then nvm)  

When you have ability to change character i mean

I just noticed, I like the new design of Walter (new shirt and sleeves) and his fearless childish expression.

Is it only me or does the moon looks like a terrorbeak ? Return of Them vibes I like that :applouse:

21 hours ago, Hornete said:

I'd be more inclined to believe its due to the Black Lives Matter situation going on right now, considering Klei's message to the community about their donation.

Otherwise, there are a limited amount of character names you can use when you are restricted to "W", and the "man and dog" combo is a common trope.

edit: Someone on the Uncompromising Mode Discord said Hornet came up with a reason why Walter was probably free, I didn't even fully read what Hornet said before replying, like a real DINGUS

5 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

I'd be more inclined to believe its due to the Black Lives Matter situation going on right now, considering Klei's message to the community about their donation.

Otherwise, there are a limited amount of character names you can use when you are restricted to "W", and the "man and dog" combo is a common trope.

What? do you think they made him black because of that? I dont really understand your point here

Archived