Wes's Refreshing Character is Still Available

So uhhh I’m not sure how many of you noticed but this Wes patch also fixed Abigail... for Xbox One.

if you Smack Abigail She Now simply despawns into her Flower instead of dying and losing all her Stats. :) 

#WendyMains

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

Incredibly important lore drop here: Wes has a favorite napping tree.

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.png

OH! It actually is a different nap! I thought at first Wes is having mecha-balloon dreams at the time when Krampus pops his balloons in the Possessions-animation. But in the Possessions his puprle pillow and little sleeping buddy also pop and they're gone when he wakes up, while in this new one they're still there.

image.thumb.png.f0ef95739a1d569b661992c5f5f9f3b5.png

So yeah, Wes indeed has a special napping tree! Apparently he also has a special relationship to some of his balloons, like the piggy he sleeps with and his pillow, seen as he uses them multiple times/makes new ones similar to them just so he can sleep better. How adorable is that... I can see Wes fussing over and preparing for a good little nap, happily blowing all his favorite balloons and then snugging himself there cosily before falling asleep. :'D

All in all, Wes having a napping tree is, like, real important information and a HUGE drop of lore making absolutely everything 1000% better and I don't see how anyone could argue otherwise.

Edited by Mrklli
  • Like 17

17 hours ago, Mantas said:

It's more of a dimension, I think. It's a wild world where there's not much really known to be explained cause it has fast days and nights and seems that the 'moon' isn't an actual moon.

Plot twist. the moon is the asteroid where the duplicants are currently in Oxygen not Included. Return of Them is the Return of the Duplicants.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, bitcrushed_rage said:

At least by the end of the day, no one can say Wes is under represented.

He gets represented a lot on the official streams and even had a comic about him as a valentines cupid.:wilson_ecstatic:

14 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

Incredibly important lore drop here: Wes has a favorite napping tree.
unknown.png
unknown.png

On 4/1/2020 at 12:36 PM, Jason said:

Here are some of the details:

• Resolved conflicts in Wes's internal dialogue
  • Replaced sense of existential dread with acceptance of the inevitable
  • Adjusted sense of reality to include that which inherently cannot be understood

After playing Sepc ops the line... and knowing how much vanilla Don't Starve was about twisting of reality to mess with your sanity-

Kind of wished DST brought these aspects back.:wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Tip: You can set your system clock back and it will show up again.

@ScottHansen With this tip I tried to travel back in time to march 22 2019 to check if I'll have Winona gif in the menu this way. Instead I discovered that if you do this you'll have discounts for most of the skins in shop for many many days.

ttttt.thumb.JPG.95e284d50437c91621d4e108a1f48adb.JPG

Edited by Kuba5565
  • Haha 7

• Developer
44 minutes ago, Kuba5565 said:

With this tip I tried to travel back in time to march 22 2019 to check if I'll have Winona gif in the menu this way. Instead I discovered that if you do this you'll have discounts for most of the skins in shop for many many days.

The server also validates the dates/sale status, so the only one you're fooling is yourself. :) The game only knows about the end time of a sale, that's why going back in time "turns on" old sales.

• Thanks 7
  • Haha 7

On 4/1/2020 at 7:58 PM, X-lem said:

You guys had one job for Wes' rework. Give him more balloon design and nerf him. Highly disappointing. ;)

Also, I knew it was a giant crab!

saltbox_shaker_all.png

Also also, this is an awesome skin (assuming it's real)!

oh.. the sodium-chloride box.. and don't worry, it's real. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Charlie Dark said:

oh.. the sodium-chloride box.. and don't worry, it's real. 

That's Deerclops' "saltner" for when it needs to spice its food, aka grabbing the player, pouring over just the right amount of salt before gulping said player whole. Yum-yum time :cat:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, PeterA said:

The server also validates the dates/sale status, so the only one you're fooling is yourself. :) The game only knows about the end time of a sale, that's why going back in time "turns on" old sales.

the ultimate few-hours-late time travelling april fools day prank

Edited by __IvoCZE__
  • Haha 7

On 4/2/2020 at 6:50 AM, BezKa said:

Can we have a gif of the screen shown in game with Wes? I didn't get to show it to my mom before it dissapeared :V

dst_menu_wes.thumb.gif.50169dd5a4da314211f501f0b0326515.gif

Also, whoever did this:

image.thumb.png.b72808e69c77d99ba87ff27327438ef7.png

Is evil. Someone probably did this on purpose to mess with people like me. :wilson_sneaky:

Spoiler

It was probably Wes himself tbh... :wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2