Return of them - Turn of Tides now available on Steam!

2 hours ago, Thalkas said:

Any option to dont have new ocean and all connected with it things? I want to play at my normal world without any stupid boats, island without any sense and THE MOST UGLY ocean in DS history :D

wtf2.png.946c90fccafed4d0a40a2c45e7bbf43b.png

4 hours ago, JoeW said:

It's for the console virtual currency. 

If its Console Currency, why is it on the PC build too..? Do we get the Magical Golden Toilet Paper Rolls Golden Bolts o' Cloth System too or was it just a mistake?

5 hours ago, JoeW said:

However, if we instead put everything up as one package and allow them to be paid for with virtual currency, we're no longer so limited. This also brings us another step closer to providing better support for console. Consider it like being able to buy Spool to weave your items. This takes a lot of coordination with the platform and is not a main priority, so it's going to be a while. But we want console players to know a solution is coming; likely in an update following Turn of Tides. 

Is this the "thing" for the consoles?

2 hours ago, thetricker1 said:

SO HYPE

wonderful work as always!!

what it means??

Spoilers in the next spoiler

Spoiler

When you enter a "lunar" biome, your sanity meter is replaced by an "enlightment" meter, which is the exact oposite of sanity. The More enlightend you are, the worse, things that raise sanity elighten you, and thing that lower sanity unenlighten you

6 hours ago, JoeW said:

Turn of Tides:
Something ancient stirs in the night sky, and the world below will never be the same. A strange new island teeming with life has appeared, and with it, a whole new slew of challenges for our Survivors to face.

Keep a wary eye out. They’re almost here.

Key Features:

New Boat Mechanics: Don’t sink together! Build and deck out a boat large enough to carry you and your fellow Survivors across the sea.

New Seafaring Crafting Menu: Craft everything you’ll need to hit the high seas.

The Lunar Island: Explore a strange lunar landscape filled with bizarre creatures.

New Lunar Island Biomes: Discover 3 new biomes loaded with valuable new resources, craftables, and fearsome enemies.

Enlightenment: See the world from a new perspective as your Sanity is replaced by an all-new Enlightenment meter.

Console Players:

As noted in a previous post, we need extra time to get this update out to console. We expect this to take an additional 3-4 weeks (hopefully less), and we will update you with the expected date as soon as we submit to cert and have a better handle on what the date will be.

I don't think it's going to make it in for Turn of Tides but we also wanted to let console players know that we will soon be introducing something new just for you. 

Currently console skin offerings are very limited because each time we put new skins on console we have to go through the entire certification process as well as the process for setting up DLC, which in the past has proven to be more time consuming than we'd hoped. However, if we instead put everything up as one package and allow them to be paid for with virtual currency, we're no longer so limited. This also brings us another step closer to providing better support for console. Consider it like being able to buy Spool to weave your items. This takes a lot of coordination with the platform and is not a main priority, so it's going to be a while. But we want console players to know a solution is coming; likely in an update following Turn of Tides. 

Everybody:

Finally, we wanted to do something a bit special for all of you; just for fun. So for the next two weeks if you log into Don't Starve Together, all players on PC will receive the "Roseate Sail" so you can deck out your new boat with a little bit of style. We will offer the item for console when it goes live there as well. 

boat_mast_skin1.png

We'll be updating the game with hotfixes for the issues that are most pressing, but with this update the team will now moving on to developing new content.

Now that we have this first big chunk of content out, a lot of work has been done to prepare for future updates, which should allow us a much shorter update schedule from this point forward. We expect the next content update will hit the beta branch 4 weeks from now, and after 2 weeks of testing will be live in a total of 6 weeks from today; give or take a few days (probably give). We'll have more details about the content and date in a couple weeks.

I’m a bit disappointed for consoles 

and not really sure what does this mean 

I don't think it's going to make it in for Turn of Tides but we also wanted to let console players know that we will soon be introducing something new just for you. 

8 minutes ago, diego_arabian said:

and not really sure what does this mean 

They're adding a new feature specifically focused on Console, but chances are it won't be added at the same time the Turn of Tides content is added.

Hi,

Just few questions,

So we'll have nothing more that we already know in the beta ? For now maybe... Is it just the start ?

And about having islands, is that solve the multiple servers problem ? I mean you could now create other islands with specific settings, like weather, etc... could we expect more islands in the future ? 

I’ve been avoiding all Return of Them: Turn of Tides content until this launch trailer and now I am even more excited for it to finally arrive.

Great job!

The new game update looks like there’s a lot to explore and I can’t wait to see all the new biomes with no idea what’s going to happen next!

I do have one big question though..

What’s going to happen with the Ancient Gateway? I assumed the next content would lead us deeper below.

Just now, Dynamix_Roxx said:

What’s going to happen with the Ancient Gateway? I assumed the next content would lead us deeper below.

I don't think Klei forgot. They did a special gateway art and the ending of the Forge trailer implies that Charlie will do more with the portal. Even Wortox came from that thing.

10 minutes ago, isolanni said:

I'm devoted to Single Player. DST is not my interest, but I have been a faithful follower since 2012. Will I be able to play this new DLC?

Thanks!

Most likely not. Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together have been quite different games for a while now, just as how Super Mario Bros one is different from Super Mario Bros 3. They branched DST off as a `Sequel of sorts` of what happens after the events of Don't Starve, hence `The New Reign`. DS gets its own DLCs while DST gets periodic updates focused on ancients and moon stuff. I'm almost certain Klei has no plans of upgrading its reign of giants DLC to the DST mechanics, as there's already Shipwrecked for sea adventures and Charlie isn't the queen in DS's story.

7 hours ago, Moonatik said:

Hi,

Just few questions,

So we'll have nothing more that we already know in the beta ? For now maybe... Is it just the start ?

And about having islands, is that solve the multiple servers problem ? I mean you could now create other islands with specific settings, like weather, etc... could we expect more islands in the future ? 

Only just the start. Turn of Tides is the foundation update for what's to come. in 6 weeks time (4 weeks if you play the beta) a new content update will come out for Return of Them, which is the name for this whole content package. and we may get more than that. 

A new chapter has opened up and its not going anywhere for a while.

Archived