Wormwood is Now Live!

2 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

I know right? I dunno why it bugs me so much though...

I think it's because it looks like he is wearing an ugly human wig, but his overall look is very similar to the default skin. Would be better if there would be a kind of dark green leaves on his head instead of hair.

3 hours ago, Omaremad74 said:

So... Wormwood cant seem to catch on fire?
I let the fire go for a minute or two

Screenshot (122).png

@PeterA

(Also I swear im not a maniac, I wasn't trying to murder him)

I think when your screen gets flame effect it lasts 25% longer, instead of of him being an actual flammable object.

Or maybe both were intended and this is a bug?

Digging up grass tuft = -5 Sanity

Planting a grass tuft = +10 Sanity

I know it's the same it's in Hamlet but should it really be a thing? For example take a look at the trees: It costs 15 Sanity to chop it down and another 5 to dig up a stomp. But if you only do this on fully grown trees you get 2 pine cones, eacho of which restores 10 sanity on planting so you break even.

27 minutes ago, Skrzelik said:

Digging up grass tuft = -5 Sanity

Planting a grass tuft = +10 Sanity

I know it's the same it's in Hamlet but should it really be a thing? For example take a look at the trees: It costs 15 Sanity to chop it down and another 5 to dig up a stomp. But if you only do this on fully grown trees you get 2 pine cones, eacho of which restores 10 sanity on planting so you break even.

I dont know all the gains, and loses cuz hamlet isent on xbox. Is there a compiled list I can find somewhere?

Not sure if someone mentioned it already, but you can eat raw red caps without health penalty, as food doesn't affect Wormwood's health in any way. For that reason decidious tree biomes in overworld and red mushforest in caves are a paradise for him. 6 red caps a day will keep him fed so you can focus on exploration.

Also his armor allows him to gather cacti and spiky bushes damage-free.

2 hours ago, KCDA said:

Aww man, was really looking forward to the Old Wormwood design being a skin... I mean Klei already made the model for it, and I'd still pay money for that.

Wormwood_Idle_Animation.gif.1ed0ed46dc47020c7ed3972e6e543119.gif

LET ME GIVE YOU MY MONEY KLEI!

I REALLY wanted this as skin... :(

Thematically I like the mushroom skin the most, but the cactus skin is actually the nicest because it has more going on due to the spines instead of the ugly, flat and uniform nature of the other ones. Big shame, I really don't like how Klei did his face at all.

1 hour ago, shadowDigga said:

Not sure if someone mentioned it already, but you can eat raw red caps without health penalty, as food doesn't affect Wormwood's health in any way. For that reason decidious tree biomes in overworld and red mushforest in caves are a paradise for him. 6 red caps a day will keep him fed so you can focus on exploration.

i like it! but i'm also worried they'll change it xD

2 hours ago, shadowDigga said:

Sir, you're the hero of the day! 

Also, turns out the "attracts bees" trait strait up means that on spring bees in your beeboxes will stop working regularly and get out of their way to shank you in your base D: Beekeepeer hat just got more cruicial.

9 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

Thanks to whoever there fixed the builds.json site. ( https://s3.amazonaws.com/dstbuilds/builds.json )

Even though I wrote a thing to parse the main update page, it's nice to see that the thing is reflecting builds properly again.

A while back (May 8) told nome that the builds.json file isn't updated any more, so guess he or someone else finally fixed it. Either way, thanks guys! :)

I see it still has data from the anewreignbeta but doesn't have for the Return to Them beta branch for some reason. Would really appreciate if this branch would get listed in there as well. So, @PeterA or @nome can add the new beta branch as well? Thanks in advance! :)

I have a question. Right now, I've weaved Wormwood, but I realized that I could unweave him, buy the DSAlone Pack Plus that's on sale for 9 dollars right now, and get him back, along with the 900 spools from the unweaving. Does this work, or does it simply not give you Wormwood again?

Archived