Jump to content

Wormwood Cinematic Predictions


Recommended Posts

Since the cinematic is coming out soon, I decided to make this post because I have not seen anyone else think of this.

     In the only image we have of the cinematic, you can see Wormwood's iconic gem that is normally in his chest in some form ancient artifact/ruin.  Seeing this, I think it is safe to assume that  the cinematic will be an origin story for Wormwood rather than showing how he came from Hamlet to DST, judging by the fact that his gem will not be in him at some point in the cinematic.  My guess is that someone will touch the gem and then become Wormwood.

However, I think it won't just be anyone, I think it will be Warbucks.

We haven't seen anyone inside the constant that isn't a playable character (besides Charlie) and it probably won't be a character that we can play as right now, since it wouldn't make a lot of sense if there were two different versions of the same character.  Warbucks is the only character that was in the constant at some point that we can't play as anymore (unless you play around with the files).

Warbucks becoming Wormwood would also give him a canon reason to disappear, from the game besides the Klei reaper taking him away.  They could also turn it into something ironic, where Warbucks messes with nature by hunting and ends up turning into a plant.  Warbucks is also an explorer, so it would make sense for him to end up in an area with ancient ruins in it and seeing the gem as some kind of treasure and wanting it for himself.

You can say what you think about this idea and/or some ideas of your own in the comments.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm guessing it will be Warly to awaken Wormwood. Partially because with them both coming at the same time, it would make sense, but also because in the promotional photo for him depicts him in the dense jungle,

dst_warly.png

 

I can't see them showing a Shopwrecked character off in Hamlet as a mere oversight. Though for all I know, it could be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cantbeatdaboss said:

However, I think it won't just be anyone, I think it will be Warbucks.

as a Warbucks supporter I would kinda like this for the only reason being closure

and seeing culture yeeting gramps again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I seriously wonder if we're hurting the people who worked on Warbucks when people bring him up like this.

Like, people worked on him, It'd kind of hurt to see people bringing him up constantly even when they decided to cut his case and free him from the Constant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, -Variant said:

I seriously wonder if we're hurting the people who worked on Warbucks when people bring him up like this.

Like, people worked on him, It'd kind of hurt to see people bringing him up constantly even when they decided to cut his case and free him from the Constant.

the thing is if he turns into Wormwood then (most) people would be satisfied and shut up about it because of the closure

31 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I mean as I mentioned again... Warbucks is like put 300-100 years before the canon stuff even happens ( ya know the slavery and colonialization stuff )

he said it was worthy of that place not that he was a part of it some people do take what their ancestors did as a prideful act for them self's

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

the thing is if he turns into Wormwood then (most) people would be satisfied and shut up about it because of the closure

People being satisfied and or content enough to quiet down about a particular topic?—on the internet?

I'd be surprised. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Omaremad74 said:

Sometimes it's the most simplest answer, some vines are probably just going to wrap around the gem and become an animal like life form. Simple

A fragment/energy "fallen from sky", forming a new being with the material around him.

Sounds good and very familiar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, minespatch said:

Yes, I drew a thing once.

Spoiler

IMG_20190214_000101.thumb.jpg.e0b7978f033c1574becc40d435f232d0.jpg As a joke.

But anyway, isn't the entire point of Early Access is to tweak, adjust, introduce, and remove things? Warbucks was removed during Early Access. So in a way it's as though he never was. He may be part of the literal, real-life history of the game, however we should be able to agree that previous builds and Early Access/beta stuff probably isn't canon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, cantbeatdaboss said:

Since the cinematic is coming out soon, I decided to make this post because I have not seen anyone else think of this.

     In the only image we have of the cinematic, you can see Wormwood's iconic gem that is normally in his chest in some form ancient artifact/ruin.  Seeing this, I think it is safe to assume that  the cinematic will be an origin story for Wormwood rather than showing how he came from Hamlet to DST, judging by the fact that his gem will not be in him at some point in the cinematic.  My guess is that someone will touch the gem and then become Wormwood.

However, I think it won't just be anyone, I think it will be Warbucks.

We haven't seen anyone inside the constant that isn't a playable character (besides Charlie) and it probably won't be a character that we can play as right now, since it wouldn't make a lot of sense if there were two different versions of the same character.  Warbucks is the only character that was in the constant at some point that we can't play as anymore (unless you play around with the files).

Warbucks becoming Wormwood would also give him a canon reason to disappear, from the game besides the Klei reaper taking him away.  They could also turn it into something ironic, where Warbucks messes with nature by hunting and ends up turning into a plant.  Warbucks is also an explorer, so it would make sense for him to end up in an area with ancient ruins in it and seeing the gem as some kind of treasure and wanting it for himself.

You can say what you think about this idea and/or some ideas of your own in the comments.

I think the root growing around the gem might touch the gem and then ooga booga plant now has magical power and becomes... human? maybe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...