Is Don't Starve/ Together Dying?

I doubt Klei is foolish enough to pump the amount of content they plan to into a dying game.

People just say that because they’ve stopped enjoying the game for one reason or another and assume it’s not their own taste changing but the game itself is going bad.

klei is spending a lot of money for ads on youtuibe and steam since the new content was announced.

they sponsor big youtubers (mostly minecraft youtubers muahahahahahahahahahaha) to play dont starve and this way get new players for dont starve

one of my biggest fears in life is no joke the death of DS seriously this is my favorite community my like one place to socialize and that fear is near debilitating at times so many sleepless nights but when I see some new content it really does help

43 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

one of my biggest fears in life is no joke the death of DS seriously this is my favorite community my like one place to socialize and that fear is near debilitating at times so many sleepless nights but when I see some new content it really does help

Don't worry. We have nothing better to do. We're going nowhere.
You're stuck with us forever.

I'd say on console(PS4 specifically) its never been this alive... Now don't get me wrong i've seen my fair share of older players disappear from the game, but several new players seem to replace every single one that leaves. Plus i feel as long as the community as a whole embraces and helps the newcomers in learning the ropes it'll keep a solid playerbase for sometime to come.

I just got sucked back into this game, and then I found out there was even MORE new content since Hamlet for regular DS... It's had way more longevity than many of my games. It's hard to even find an early Autumn official server on Steam. It's very alive.

It lost players during the gorge/forge event for reasons the devs explained and for another reason i think too be true. 

That is that these events where limited and not permanent updates, so the game hadn't got an actual update in a really long time

I've owned the game forever, but never bothered with it. Now with all the updates, and that new roadmap I'm in. (Single player games never die)

If it had Cross-play for DST I'd say consoles life would greatly benefit.

14 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

Steam charts show a pretty stable trend of it being unchanging.

Actually there was a anomaly during late May of this year readings, that show 60.000+ people playing DST, but I assume that was because of the free weekend.

Beyond of that, what was said by most people is exactly like that, the game has had a stable population since release, didn't grow much, but never dropped. The people that leaves the game is about the same that enters it, which is basically the definition of a very healthy game.

Back to OP, you will find opinions of long time DST players and streamers that are burn out of the game, and some may say that the game is dead, but thats because they've done all there was to do in their time, and therefore the game is dead for them. Fortunately they only represent a small group of the total of players.

The new content also brings back many old players, some briefly to just test out, others to stay for a while and keep contributing to the community.

21 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Actually there was a anomaly during late May of this year readings, that show 60.000+ people playing DST, but I assume that was because of the free weekend.

Beyond of that, what was said by most people is exactly like that, the game has had a stable population since release, didn't grow much, but never dropped. The people that leaves the game is about the same that enters it, which is basically the definition of a very healthy game.

Yup, I ignored the giant spike as it's not part of the general trend.

trend.png.fcfad44cc484bbf15add3dc82b20f039.png

Me drawing a line flat across with the average of it shows a fairly consistent playerbase, and this isn't even including all of the players on Tencent/PS4/Xbone.

1 hour ago, Mday said:

All friends I meet playing DST quit the game long ago. Can't help but feel like the game is dead.

You are never alone, my friend. You have us. And we're not going anywhere.

Personally, the game was pretty much dead for me throughout 2018. I returned for Gorge and Forge, but between those I barely ever played. The game just felt really stale for me. And I was starting to believe that Klei was bored of DS/T and only cared for skins and an occasional event. I'm a little ashamed of it now, but I was starting to believe that they where driven by money and not the community.

Boy was I wrong. I cannot describe my happiness upon hearing the characters are getting backstories and reworks, and the new characters coming out, AND the new permanent content coming out.

I thought wrong about Klei, and I'm honestly ashamed of it. So I would like to apologize if possible.

So yeah, no. I do not believe DS/T is dying anytime soon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.thumb.png.eb748d1d8a5b64146580e7569655fb88.png

Oh manure

Archived