Return of Data Mining, Art Assets, Model Dumping & More! (SPOILERS!)

14 minutes ago, sudoku said:

i think alot of people will be happy with the ending of the short 

Haven’t watched it yet but this is exciting! Unless it reveals Wagstaff is Wilson in which case I hope EVERYONE is fired (joke)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Happy Hazard 1
  • Health 1

I didn’t watch the spoiler video, I kinda feel sad that such a big leak could let out like that.. and we didn’t gather enough bee stingers to make boat patches with too?! Unfortunate..

But New Seafaring Enemies? That’s not mentioned anywhere in the upcoming updates beta patch notes.

• GL Happy 1

28 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

But New Seafaring Enemies? That’s not mentioned anywhere in the upcoming updates beta patch notes.

The text from the leak is from the Curse of Moon Quay update. I assume it's there for placeholder, and we'll get the actual update text on Thursday.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

3 hours ago, Deerclops Mika said:

The short film was accidentally posted on the Klei channel and I have a video recording

Lmao. How'd you even get the link in the first place? Did a klei employee accidently post in Kleicord?

• Ninja 2

4 hours ago, Catteflyterpill said:

Idk seems kinda wrong to post this here. Datamined leaks are one thing, but a whole animation? Feels like it kind of spoils their moment. 

It's still not the OP's fault....

1. others noticed and posted it on social media

2. they did put a spoiler tag on it

3.. this thread isn't strictly limited to datamined stuff

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Catteflyterpill said:

Idk seems kinda wrong to post this here. Datamined leaks are one thing, but a whole animation? Feels like it kind of spoils their moment. 

Realistically speaking- it’s only a few days ahead of the official release, (3 yesterday, 2 today..) so it’s not like it’s THAT big of a deal, & even if you don’t watch the datamined version, someone, somewhere on YouTube is going to talk about it.. So honestly? You should just watch it yourself before someone else spoils it for you.

I decided to watch it- but I’m going to reserve my comments about it for the official Release.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Realistically speaking- it’s only a few days ahead of the official release, (3 yesterday, 2 today..) so it’s not like it’s THAT big of a deal, & even if you don’t watch the datamined version, someone, somewhere on YouTube is going to talk about it.. So honestly? You should just watch it yourself before someone else spoils it for you.

I decided to watch it- but I’m going to reserve my comments about it for the official Release.

yeah, i think the bigger spoil would have been if the anniversary stuff had leaked

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

2 hours ago, PetulantPansy said:

It's still not the OP's fault....

1. others noticed and posted it on social media

2. they did put a spoiler tag on it

3.. this thread isn't strictly limited to datamined stuff

But the OP posted here, and I certainly wouldn't have known if I hadn't stumbled onto it here. And I'm sure that's the case for many. Leaks get out, it sucks, but I feel like out of respect for the devs maybe this isn't the kind of thing to post.

50 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

If it's only a few more days til the release then more reason to not post it here and leak it for more people. Like I said, just doesn't feel super respectful to the devs for something like this. It's not the end of the world or anything, but I'm sure for them it's nice to see people get hyped up on Thursdays for the update and trailer release. Something like this I'm sure just takes the wind out of their sails, even if it's not the biggest thing ever.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Just a reminder that Wilson now can craft both dreadstone and pure brilliance.

My man can create the most powerful materials of the Constant, hes no more just a funny pun guy with a beard

Our failed scientist has mastered the science behind supernatural forces that go against the natural order.. truly a task failed successfully if ever there were one.

19 minutes ago, Catteflyterpill said:

It's not the end of the world or anything, but I'm sure for them it's nice to see people get hyped up on Thursdays for the update and trailer release. Something like this I'm sure just takes the wind out of their sails, even if it's not the biggest thing ever.

To be a bit blunt, I think you might be playing up the importance of the Klei Forums a bit. The video currently has 1.2k views, which is far far far lower than the 1-3 MILLION views that Klei's animated shorts always receive. I don't think it's made even a slight dent in the hype that the trailer/update will receive, in the same way that the Terraria skins leaking here was only really visible to a small percentage of DST super fans and didn't impact the excitement of the crossover's full release in any noticeable way.

• Like 12

18 hours ago, sylvia wander o said:

To be a bit blunt, I think you might be playing up the importance of the Klei Forums a bit. The video currently has 1.2k views, which is far far far lower than the 1-3 MILLION views that Klei's animated shorts always receive. I don't think it's made even a slight dent in the hype that the trailer/update will receive, in the same way that the Terraria skins leaking here was only really visible to a small percentage of DST super fans and didn't impact the excitement of the crossover's full release in any noticeable way.

I'm not saying trying to say that people aren't going to be super hyped for the release of the trailer and the update. Or that it won't be a great moment. I just don't think it's very respectful to the devs to post it. Anywhere really, but more so the Klei forums.

• Like 3

I started to sort out the old Forgotten Knowledge Puzzles and ran into a couple of problems. The wiki article is based on this post (https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/35678-mysterious-notes/#comment-465437), however I noticed some inconsistencies there. Firstly, it states that the first answer to the puzzle was 5 silk, 7 rocks, 4 berries. Then it turns out that there is not enough note in the game and the correct answer is 5 silk, 8 rocks, 4 berries. I studied the map puzzle and it looks like coordinate 2 (-22, 9) doesn't lead anywhere, but my answer came out 4 silk, 8 rocks, 4 berries. But this is probably just a minor mistake. However, inconsistencies appear in part 3 of the puzzle. It looks like the repeated sentence "Not crazy" 2, 6, and 10 times has an italic C. The original post states that they correspond to the symbols Beta, Zetta, and Kappa. However, these symbols correspond to the numbers 2, 7 and 20. The numbers 6 and 10 correspond to the symbols Vau and Iota. Looks like some images were missing from the original post. The Skull24 video does not improve the situation (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwecnCUUBSU). Does anyone know how to solve part 3 of the puzzle?

image.thumb.png.ec72d7a4aaddc04c3eea9659dcc7084d.pngimage.jpeg.737efd92b1ba0e467bedc3a419f4e976.jpeg

• Like 2