Return of Data Mining, Art Assets, Model Dumping & More! (SPOILERS!)

1 hour ago, Paxtonnnn said:

Did the concept art have any labels? I'm curious if this is just random character designs or if some of these were meant to be Wilson

In order Maxwell, super early concept Wagstaff(?), Wilson, Willow, Walani, Wolfgang.

that’s who they MOST resemble to me.

We all know that in the forest world, as the world precipitation meter increases, the game screen will get darker and darker. And the new lunar hail is also a kind of precipitation, its occurrence is not controlled by the precipitation meter, but control the precipitation meter when it happens.

So what are we going to see in the process? Will the screen go dark when the lunar hail happens or go light when it end? Is it a sudden change or a smooth change?

• Like 1

Hello friends! Today I have data mining to share different from the usual as it is from a whole other game!

Today, Wizard with a Gun released, and interestingly enough in it's assets there is seemingly a concept banner for a Don't Starve DLC (DLC for Wizard with a Gun so far is just like with DST, purely cosmetic packs)

It is in a very placeholder-y state, it could be unfinished, it could be unpitched, it could be unused. But it could mean potentially another crossover for DS/T ( That is if they decide to participate, could always be a TF2 situation where cosmetics were implemented in that game while DS didn't do anything special on its end )

Or it goes nowhere, who knows! Can only wait for time to pass and see. Don't overhype yourselves.

There is a similar banner sprite for Cult of the Lamb, if you like that game too!

image.thumb.png.a2d15bffd1c1a9966d27ecf26f69c41e.png

Edited by Hornete
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hornete said:

Hello friends! Today I have data mining to share different from the usual as it is from a whole other game!

Today, Wizard with a Gun released, and interestingly enough in it's assets there is seemingly a concept banner for a Don't Starve DLC (DLC for Wizard with a Gun so far is just like with DST, purely cosmetic packs)

It is in a very placeholder-y state, it could be unfinished, it could be unpitched, it could be unused. But it could mean potentially another crossover for DS/T ( That is if they decide to participate, could always be a TF2 situation where cosmetics were implemented in that game while DS didn't do anything special on its end )

Or it goes nowhere, who knows! Can only wait for time to pass and see. Don't overhype yourselves.

There is a similar banner sprite for Cult of the Lamb, if you like that game too!

image.thumb.png.a2d15bffd1c1a9966d27ecf26f69c41e.png

Oh hell yeah! DST Guns update!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Big Ups 2

From jazzy's discord

Spoiler

The Nouveau Amulet Skin is being added to the Nouveau Collection!

Starting October 19th, 10am PacificE

nding November 2nd, 10am Pacific

Drop timing will remain the same as previous drops. 

30 minutes for the icon

90 minutes for the portrait bg

180 minutes for the item skin

IMG_0699.png.007af64de0d2fcd3439353a2d9a36cd7.png

• Like 5
  • Sanity 1
  • GL Happy 1

11 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

looks like Wagstaff Dont Starve altar boss aftermath have new quotes. Can someone dig em and show em to me please?

unless i'm missing something, it appears the only new character quotes for wagstaff only apply in the cutscene after defeating the lunar rift bosses. they are:

Spoiler

wilson - "Science never rests!"

willow - "Now what?"

wolfgang - "Flickery science man is back!"

wendy - "This apparition always has some sort of task he wants help with."

wx78 - "I'M NOT YOUR ASSISTANT OLD MAN"

wickerbottom - "Rather convenient of him to show up now that the hard work is done."

woodie - "Sounds like he could use our help, eh?"

wes - " "

maxwell - "Oh I'm sorry, were you saying something? I was too busy fighting for my life."

wigfrid - "'Twas my pleasure dispatching that beast."

webber - "Hi Mister, do you have any games we can play instead?"

winona - "Er, will I be gettin' overtime for this?"

warly - "Monsieur, I aim to please."

wortox - "Shall I assist with his to-do list?"

wormwood - "Need help?"

wurt - "Weird scale-less is back!"

walter - "Maybe this is my chance to earn my Helping the Elderly Badge!"

wanda - "Do you think I have all the time in the world for your schemes?"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenship2 said:

unless i'm missing something, it appears the only new character quotes for wagstaff only apply in the cutscene after defeating the lunar rift bosses. they are:

Hide contents

wilson - "Science never rests!"

willow - "Now what?"

wolfgang - "Flickery science man is back!"

wendy - "This apparition always has some sort of task he wants help with."

wx78 - "I'M NOT YOUR ASSISTANT OLD MAN"

wickerbottom - "Rather convenient of him to show up now that the hard work is done."

woodie - "Sounds like he could use our help, eh?"

wes - " "

maxwell - "Oh I'm sorry, were you saying something? I was too busy fighting for my life."

wigfrid - "'Twas my pleasure dispatching that beast."

webber - "Hi Mister, do you have any games we can play instead?"

winona - "Er, will I be gettin' overtime for this?"

warly - "Monsieur, I aim to please."

wortox - "Shall I assist with his to-do list?"

wormwood - "Need help?"

wurt - "Weird scale-less is back!"

walter - "Maybe this is my chance to earn my Helping the Elderly Badge!"

wanda - "Do you think I have all the time in the world for your schemes?"

Thanks

Once again I am convinced that Klei has characters from portraits of skins in non-portraits. In this banner you can see that the characters are drawn down to their feet, which means that most of the characters from the skin portraits have full-fledged drawings.

image.thumb.png.ddf4def3585837055fd523370f3e9cb7.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.06248578ef75a9fa2b85466499f102ec.png

Edited by Deerclops Mika
  • Like 3
  • Sanity 2