[Game Update] - 307715

Jason

4 hours ago, Jason said:

The Character Update is now live! This update focuses on making our new Hamlet characters more interesting for you to play, particularly when playing outside of the Hamlet world.

Wilba has inherited one of her father's more colourful characteristics, namely, she now carries the same curse that inflicts all of her father's family with dreaded werepigism. Also, all of pigkind from Hamlet's town pigs to those of ROG will now recognize her as the king's daughter, and pay her tribute in the form of gifts.

We weren't very happy with how Warbucks was working out. While trying to find ways to make him work, we decided that he just wasn't as interesting as we would like, and so we've made the decision to start from scratch. You can still continue your Warbucks saves as his files will not be removed from the game, but he will no longer be in the official lineup of starting characters. 

Instead, we would like to introduce to you our new character, Wormwood! Who knows where this creature of nature came from, but he'll likely grow on you.

hamlet_characters.png

Thank you for playing, and we look forward to hearing your feedback!

New features

• Added options for disabling the decorative vines and the canopy shadow in Hamlet for lower-end hardware.
  • Blooming Rainforest trees will drop burrs when chopped

Bug Fixes

• Webber's disguise will show up if put on the ground now.
  • Fixed random startup crash with blueprints in Hamlet compatible worlds.
  • Fixed assert when trying to launch the game with The Screecher mod enabled.
  • Lazy Forager doesn’t collect items off shelves anymore. Affected saves should be fixed
  • Bundling wrap now works with controller.
  • Zoomed inventory management (with controller) should now behave properly with shelves.
  • Fixed "Text not found" in recipe popups when not near needed prototyping machine.
  • Fixed an assert on load of some Hamlet compatible ShipWrecked worlds.
  • Burned crops just produce burnt seeds unless fully mature

View full update

that incredible, they are really surpassing themselves in this DLC, only good things coming, congrats! .... when we can play in the console I will be very happy to be able to buy ... for now I can admire in videos ....:wilson_flower:

I'm relieved Warbucks was removed. His design and the... implications of his backstory were NOT something I was happy to have to think about when talking about Don't Starve with my friends. While an Indiana Jones-esque character would be fantastic for Hamlet, or perhaps even an 'Indiana Jones Fanboy character' of sorts, his Everything was just painful.

Wormwood on the other hand is fantastic, inspired, cute, and already a delight to play and see how he reacts to things! I can't wait to see his lines completed as Hamlet continues coming along. :)

• Like 6

From what I've seen in terms of both his design and his many mechanics, I think Woodworm is rather unique and I like it. Now to play him and see how fun it is, what's good, and what needs work. Though it seems like he'll be a fun character to play.

37 minutes ago, helioboros said:

While an Indiana Jones-esque character would be fantastic for Hamlet, or perhaps even an 'Indiana Jones Fanboy character' of sorts, his Everything was just painful.

This is what I would hope for if he were to come back. I don't like to see a character's potential go to waste, but frankly he'll have to change A LOT to not be icky.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheDoughboy1917 said:

So Warbucks is gone forever? That sucks, I really enjoyed his personality and thought he fit in well with the rest of the cast. Hopefully Wormwood is a worthwhile addition. That old British explorer will always have a special place in my heart.

OML how many time are people going to go through this crisis?

WARBUCKS IS NOT GONE FOREVER!! The devs just removed him so they can recreate him from scratch.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SkylordElberich said:

This is so sad alexa play ragtime

um14.thumb.png.1d77984ca17c1f224f789604cc034906.png

28 minutes ago, TheKingDedede said:

All of this explains the Pig King's living situation and unlimited gold. Where's the child support at, though?

58b6bad904e60_questioningpigmeneconomy.png.6f694e70070cff2c04c6bad21a66acf8.png

So... What confuses me is they gave Warbucks a special trailer animation. All I hope is once Warbucks returns, he can retain what he had in the trailer while also balancing the new elements.

I don't mind Wormwood's font, it's cute. IT's like a 60s stoner.:wilson_ecstatic:

Maybe the devs should ask the Ganja mod creator for help so it can be implimented into the game:

5955c41ebd36b_Wickerbottomtryingoutganja.png.6962c8561d9c6d9cdabc773430c11df7.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

OML how many time are people going to go through this crisis?

WARBUCKS IS NOT GONE FOREVER!! The devs just removed him so they can recreate him from scratch.

Jeez, I'm sorry. The post is worded kinda weird, so I wasn't exactly sure if "starting from scratch" meant they were going to readd Warbucks after changing him or that "starting from scratch" meant removing and replacing him with Wormwood.

• Like 7

@Jason I believe that Willba relase didn't avoid gamebreaking bugs. Namely, when I wore silver nackle on day 9 to avoid turining into werepig it worked for the night, but as soon as I took it off I turned into werepig for the whole day, dropped slotblocking hair and stayed with the backpack on. As soon as I reverted back my backpack disappered, and when I got back to the city, I picked up that slotblocking hair and now I'm stuck with it.

bug.thumb.png.b793bc37b055d61f8de1b75fcfd11cc9.png

Other thing is she can craft stuff in werepig form but she can't cook meat, she can't eat food when holding it on mouse with full inventory etc. I think she either should be able to ommit sanity loss from raw meat when werepig or just cook it.

Aside from that new Willba is nice. Wish she could wear hats in werepig form, since I think that werepig in base game can.

Wormwood is cool idea gone wrong. Can't stomach his new design as he loks borderline deviantart fanfic.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, magia said:

Wormwood is cool idea gone wrong. Can't stomach his new design as he loks borderline deviantart fanfic.

I find his new design a lot better than what was mined in datamining thread.

It fits ds unlike his previous design

While I weep not for Warbucks, I am disappointed this isn't the Wormwood we got.

image.gif.7ac70665dbba371af3b26a6b6e816477.gif

I won't sugar coat it, I think that the new design is terrible, especially in comparison to what we could've had instead.. Maybe if I hadn't seen this cutie beforehand I wouldn't feel so spiteful towards it the basis of "seriously? this is what he was replaced with?" But I did, and I stupidly allowed myself to be hopeful and optimistic.

In closing, the end is near. I summon the meteors to me. if god is merciful She will kill me first.

• Like 4

...so all this talk about how people don't like the color of Warbuck's skin and his possible heritage making people uncomfortable to even have to look at him...and he's actually been moved away from public sight now.

I really hope the people that asked for his removal and who are celebrating it can appreciate the positively delicious irony you've created. I swear the world's gone silly.

Edited by lifetheuniverse
#JusticeForCarrotGuy
  • Like 13
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, lifetheuniverse said:

...so all this talk about how people don't like the color of Warbuck's skin and his possible heritage making people uncomfortable to even have to look at him...and he's actually been moved away from public sight now.

I really hope the people that asked for his removal and who are celebrating it can appreciate the positively delicious irony you've created. I swear the world's gone silly.

DD86E688-1579-44D3-A823-E7FE293F1EA8.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, lifetheuniverse said:

Yeah... people basically went:

"Klei get rid of Warbucks cuz he's offensive. Get rid of Warbucks cuz I don't like his skin color."

Oohh the irony...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ressayez said:

While I weep not for Warbucks, I am disappointed this isn't the Wormwood we got.

image.gif.7ac70665dbba371af3b26a6b6e816477.gif

I won't sugar coat it, I think that the new design is terrible, especially in comparison to what we could've had instead.. Maybe if I hadn't seen this cutie beforehand I wouldn't feel so spiteful towards it the basis of "seriously? this is what he was replaced with?" But I did, and I stupidly allowed myself to be hopeful and optimistic.

In closing, the end is near. I summon the meteors to me. if god is merciful She will kill me first.

His horns look like Acientfuelweaver's.