[Game Update] - 307715

Jason

• Developer

The Character Update is now live! This update focuses on making our new Hamlet characters more interesting for you to play, particularly when playing outside of the Hamlet world.

Wilba has inherited one of her father's more colourful characteristics, namely, she now carries the same curse that inflicts all of her father's family with dreaded werepigism. Also, all of pigkind from Hamlet's town pigs to those of ROG will now recognize her as the king's daughter, and pay her tribute in the form of gifts.

We weren't very happy with how Warbucks was working out. While trying to find ways to make him work, we decided that he just wasn't as interesting as we would like, and so we've made the decision to start from scratch with a new character. You can still continue your Warbucks saves as his files will not be removed from the game, but he will no longer be in the official lineup of starting characters. 

Instead, we would like to introduce to you our new character, Wormwood! Who knows where this creature of nature came from, but he'll likely grow on you.

hamlet_characters.png

Thank you for playing, and we look forward to hearing your feedback!

New features

• Added options for disabling the decorative vines and the canopy shadow in Hamlet for lower-end hardware.
  • Blooming Rainforest trees will drop burrs when chopped

Bug Fixes

• Webber's disguise will show up if put on the ground now.
  • Fixed random startup crash with blueprints in Hamlet compatible worlds.
  • Fixed assert when trying to launch the game with The Screecher mod enabled.
  • Lazy Forager doesn’t collect items off shelves anymore. Affected saves should be fixed
  • Bundling wrap now works with controller.
  • Zoomed inventory management (with controller) should now behave properly with shelves.
  • Fixed "Text not found" in recipe popups when not near needed prototyping machine.
  • Fixed an assert on load of some Hamlet compatible ShipWrecked worlds.
  • Burned crops just produce burnt seeds unless fully mature

View full update

• Like 26
  • Thanks 12
  • Sad 12

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Wilba has inherited one of her father's more colourful characteristics, namely, she now carries the same curse that inflicts all of her father's family with dreaded werepigism.

But he doesn't even...

Edited by GiddyGuy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Just now, Namelessgamer said:

Wait what? did Warbucks just get removed from the game forever? are you going to add him later or he is gone?

looks like the elderly boiled lobster got the chop! lol weird huh 

5 minutes ago, Namelessgamer said:

Wait what? did Warbucks just get removed from the game forever? are you going to add him later or he is gone?

it did change, i kind of hope the data mined one comes back at some point, i really liked his appearance. The new Wormwood isn't bad, but I prefer the data mined one over it

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

I dunno how I feel about the new design...

Oh god he comes in stages.

5c5ca65b6e7da_NewCanvas.png.4006fff707b582bb8cf89d8b58ff2af2.png

ooooooo now that's interesting.

he does look pretty seed-like right now, so perhaps he gets more tree-like later? Or maybe it changes with the seasons xD definitely will be exploring this tonight when i can play again

• Like 1

Removing Warbucks was a great decision. I am happy he's actually gone, Warbucks as a whole was a bad decision from the start and just not a good character, design and personality wise the most. I can finally say thanks, Klei, I hope he doesn't return. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 7

2 minutes ago, CheeseNuggets101 said:

Removing Warbucks was a great decision. I am happy he's actually gone, Warbucks as a whole was a bad decision from the start and just not a good character, design and personality wise the most. I can finally say thanks, Klei, I hope he doesn't return. 

Yeah, he was pretty much just a slightly modified Maxwell. With a BAD sunburn.

Edited by SpoonyBardIV
  • Like 10
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 5