The Forge Beta Is now live!

Hey everybody. I had to update the FAQ

You will NOT be able to carry over your progress. There was a bit of miscommunication about what was carrying over during the beta and what could not. 

The beta will run on test servers, which means the item servers will not be the same servers that are used in the normal game and we will not be copying those items over to the live servers. 

So that means you won't be required to play during the beta to get the maximum amount of items that can be gained during the event. 

Sorry for the mixup

21 minutes ago, JoeW said:

You will NOT be able to carry over your progress. There was a bit of miscommunication about what was carrying over during the beta and what could not. 

The beta will run on test servers, which means the item servers will not be the same servers that are used in the normal game and we will not be copying those items over to the live servers. 

So that means you won't be required to play during the beta to get the maximum amount of items that can be gained during the event. 

Sorry for the mixup

What about the Levels? Will those stay or also be erased.

47 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

What about the Levels? Will those stay or also be erased.

They will also be erased. As far as I am aware, the only thing that will carry over is "community progress" but we haven't explained what that means yet. =)

The Beta begins on November 5th, however The Forge will be open for everybody in November 8th. If you’d like to join in the Beta, please follow the instructions below. 

We hope that you will be able to keep your progress from the beta. But there is a very strong possibility that something will be broken causing us to lose progress. Please be prepared for this possibility as we will not be attempting to compensate for this occurrence - if you can't deal with losing everything, wait till everything goes live officially.  

Just making sure I didn't miss something, I assume this will be an opt in beta via steam and we don't have to sign up like Hamlet? I just don't want to miss this since I've been hyping it up the past few days. I didn't see any "instructions Below" for signing up...

6 minutes ago, SneekyBerd said:

Are there going to be new weapons/enemies?

From the "what's coming to DST" post: "The Forge Returns bigger and better than ever with new items, creatures".

7 minutes ago, SneekyBerd said:

How much percent do I have to get an elegant skin from the event chest?

I'm pretty sure we won't get an info on that, because Klei has been always silent about drop rates. But I can tell you: the percentage is low.

46 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

I'm pretty sure we won't get an info on that, because Klei has been always silent about drop rates. But I can tell you: the percentage is low.

What we do know is that the percentages increase dramatically when praying to our one true god, @nome, and offering a snackrifice of one potato cup.

100% of the time it works, everytime.

22 hours ago, JoeW said:

"Let's see if anything breaks before it goes live and hopefully you can keep your progress" beta testing. Yay!

22 hours ago, JoeW said:

Can I keep the items I gain during the Beta?
Your progress and the items you gain during the Beta will NOT be carried over from beta. ANY and ALL items you receive during the beta will be lost when beta is over. 

We will have a mechanic for community progress this time, and this will carry over into the live version. 

this maybe can confuse some people

14 minutes ago, Alarsin said:

hey um im new here whats teamwork never heard of it

Teamwork is when people cooperate to survive and everyone does their best to help the team. One gets food, the second gets resources and builds the base, the third cleans out the fridge regularly, the fourth watches the fire not to let it extinguish, the fifth creates hearts for the sixth who gives their lives for the team multiple times, the seventh follows the first to check if they does their job well and last but no least the eights picks flowers to have enough garlands for the whole team.

3 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Teamwork is when people cooperate to survive and everyone does their best to help the team. One gets food, the second gets resources and builds the base, the third cleans out the fridge regularly, the fourth watches the fire not to let it extinguish, the fifth creates hearts for the sixth who gives their lives for the team multiple times, the seventh follows the first to check if they does their job well and last but no least the eights picks flowers to have enough garlands for the whole team.

Oh, I must be playing incorrectly. Last I checked I was the only person on the server.

1 hour ago, fimmatek said:

Last time I checked my fridge was empty and my bushes were on fire, is that close enough?

4 hours ago, JoeW said:

They will also be erased. As far as I am aware, the only thing that will carry over is "community progress" but we haven't explained what that means yet. =)

Speaking of levels, JoeW are we going to play The Forge with the level we had stopped at from last year or will it reset to zero?

UPDATE: Oh, pardon my absentmindedness my question was already answered, sorry.

4 hours ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Very excited levels are being erased, gives me hope I can grind for the Halloween crockpot skin.

Pretty sure it means that the levels you earn during the beta will be erased.

I don't think the halloween items will drop in the Forge Chests.

10 hours ago, JoeW said:

Sorry for the mixup

i guess after you edited it, you removed the instruction to access the beta. does this mean the beta registration is over?

Archived