Dst hot take

Fine, I cave in. The closest thing to a hot take I'm willing to write down is that I'm sick of the word OP being slapped on literally anything that moves.

Wolfgang was OP, Wanda is OP, Meatballs are OP, PierOP like... please... it's such an overused term its lost all value and meaning at this point.

Also the game is a SANDBOX game, obviously balancing is important still and 1 option can't simply be better than every other option but the term itself is loosing its meaning with how much its slapped on things it gets hard to take anyone who uses it seriously anymore.  

On 4/7/2022 at 5:26 PM, Mysterious box said:

I kind of like the new crafting system.

I feel merms are overrated as followers.

I feel like Walter is a fun character despite short comings.

1. I agree, only took me a few hours if not minutes to adjust to it, and I don't see what's so bad about it.

2. As a Wurt main, I agree, yet I use them a lot in my main world and find Wurt fun to play as. (They're only worthwhile in long-running worlds imo)

3. It always boggles my mind why people don't like Walter (Other than bee allergies which is annoying and random), but that downside is really easy to ignore in most playthroughs.

On 4/8/2022 at 6:58 PM, Capybara007 said:

malbatross is not a bad boss

Hmm, idk, anyone that actually fights malbatross tends to like the fight or at least be neutral about it. I don't think it's a commonly held view that Malbatross is a bad fight, outside of the "Ocean content sucks" circles.

Calling Crab King not a bad boss fight though? now that'd take some courage that I don't have.

Combat should be reworked to be as it was in the forge.

Gorge season 2 should happen.

We should get curio chests instead of random drops

Chances for higher rarities should be increased 

Klei should rotate gorge and forge and let us play again officially

5 minutes ago, Waoling said:

Isn't that the update where they fix stuff? that is objectively wrong.

Check the update thread. They do fix a lot of stuffs but make attack swings so slow it causes the game to be daunting.

It's already fixed in beta but for main players will have to wait until WX rework officially rolls out I think.

On 4/7/2022 at 7:41 AM, Waoling said:

I think Crab king boss fight isn't that hard, it just take a lot of preparation time, it pretty easy once you have prepare everything.

I couldnt kill crab king with pearl alone, even with weather pains, ice staves, etc. Skill issues ;-;

Improve PVP, add diminishing returns to being CCed by sleepytime/planflute (wake up and run away faster) and being staggered and stunlocked to death

Klei should also try to have some mods (the best QoL improvements, and/or popular) officially supported (and thus fixed)

More large dedicated servers (PVP and non-PVP) and special ones with events

Y'all want a hot take? Here's one. I don't think permadeath works for DST's formula.

The game's supposed to be "Die, Learn, repeat". But once you get past autumn, the time between "Die" and "repeat" gets so long that the lessons slow down to the point of frustration. You're looking at what? 4 hours just for Deepclops to spawn in your world? Hours of investment time to fight the various raid bosses? no wonder save scumming's become so common.

10 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

Y'all want a hot take? Here's one. I don't think permadeath works for DST's formula.

The game's supposed to be "Die, Learn, repeat". But once you get past autumn, the time between "Die" and "repeat" gets so long that the lessons slow down to the point of frustration. You're looking at what? 4 hours just for Deepclops to spawn in your world? Hours of investment time to fight the various raid bosses? no wonder save scumming's become so common.

for that there are reviving items or even endless mode... death is waay less punishing in DST

i remember the first time i survive 1 year in RoG and suddenly heard something big coming, i thought would be a good idea to be at pig king but the truth was that bearger spawed and decimated the entire town and myself. That motivates me to keep playing since i discover that there were more stuff i didn't saw yet

what doesnt work is having permadeath when the map is most of the time so similar, they need to release more biomes* and tons of interesting set pieces (they just added 3 for the terraria update but removed a lot of traps) to make each world unique

*not only new biomes but also combinations of old biomes so the exploration isnt as predictable. How many of you saw the moonrock/mctusk camp and already know what you can find in that biome making you not having the need of exploring it or how when you see savannah+rocky you know that the world has triple mctusk biome, etc

On 4/7/2022 at 10:28 PM, LinknAllie said:

If they rework him I could not care less.  But if they end up making Wilson and Wagstaff the same person I will probably uninstall the game permanently 

What is wagstaff is final boss

11 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

Ooo! This one's probably my favourite hot take in the thread so far.

Archived