Dst hot take

Meatballs and fistful of jam are "soft failure" recipes. They're extremely easy to make and outside of a few niche situations not worth making. The vast majority of their recipes will give similar if not greater stat restoration than the dishes themselves. They seem to exist so that there's not a million combinations that result in the "hard failure" recipe of wet goop.

Oasis is the worst base location for most players. Unless you're going to day 10,000 on a private server and actually making a megabase where you don't want ugly flingos everywhere (in which case you can just turn wildfires off) you'll be wasting a lot more time fishing and messing with the goggles than you would just making a flingo. Not to mention the oasis is typically far away from everything else and on pubs most people won't even see summer, disconnecting during autumn or winter.

Wes should have been given a balloon saddle too.

Winona is quite a great character.

DST seafaring is really fun and the ocean is quite engaging.

Malbatross is one of the best bosses in the game with pretty useful loot.

With slots, availability and misc. aspects like imflammibility concerned, Piggy Back is the best backpack in the game.

Contender skin set is great and I hope all characters end up getting a pack.

DST funko pops look really great and together with the skins and their initial price, they are the best DST merch yet. I wish for more.

Figatoni, Barnacle linguine and stuffed fishheads are such great recipes.

Midsommar cawnival is better and more useful than winter's feast.

11 hours ago, SonicDen220 said:

Volt goat jelly is stupid. Not even because it gives you absurd damage, but because it doesn't work with morning star.

Wendy isn't overpowered.

Wanda isn't overpowered.

Switching characters isn't overpowered.

Body slot items are good.

Wilson should be reworked.

Default Chester and Hutch are much better than their skins.

Meatballs are completely average. Not overpowered and not bad.

umm... BASED?

My hottakes:

Getting a cane in winter takes too long, we should have avenues to get a cane (GUARANTEED WITH NO LUCK) in autumn but have them be much more difficult to compensate getting them so early

Maxwell's rework needs to improve on what he can already do not revamp him entirely, buff his minions and add more minions (minions that pick stuff up that cost orange gems) and minions that pick grass/twigs/berries/reeds etc also minions that row for you

Buffed duelists and shadow blowdarts which shoot at a range but are ridiculously expensive to make

I feel like Willow's rework should have focused more on fire, rather than Bernie

What Maxwell has now is already fine honestly, it's just that the duelers suck and not being able to command your shadows can be really annoying (e.g. someone's got a twiggy tree farm). Not saying I wouldn't like to see him get more, though

The atmosphere of both Together and old Alone are good. I feel like the multiplayer aspect would take enough away from the "creepy" atmosphere anyway

I still REALLY want something to come of that unimplemented Pyro character... I know it was made for fun and without any intention of being added... there's not even a good mod out right now. The crossover with Terraria gives me an inkling of hope that it could happen someday

Werebeaver is a better lumberjack than Maxwell. The only good thing about his puppets is they're automated, otherwise all they do is spawn treeguards and take ages to chop trees while the Werebeaver doesn't have that issue.

DS/T was never creepy just atmospheric, they always give me weird strange and mysterious more than creepy, sure it make you feel lost and a little bit sad but never creepy it more melancholic than anything else.

21 hours ago, Hornete said:

The Ocean is more interesting than the Caves in content.

I'll die by this statement. Cave needs something new, ocean is still missing some things here and there but I can at least stay in the ocean doing stuff. Caves are just so... barren.

Archived