The March QOL Beta is Coming Monday!

2 hours ago, Ohan said:

To me that seems unnecessary but okay I guess?

sounds unnecessary because we know the game but my friends are always asking where is certain stuff

3 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Well that's not the situation with watering can it seems, which I assume was banished to the farming tab

maybe they just forgot to add it to the tool tab, who knows

2 hours ago, Atkvin said:

Seems like Wolfgang will be getting that no body armor while mighty downside? Just assuming from the teaser, at least.

(There was a dev comment on that scrapped idea on discord some time ago that I remember)

Or maybe the devs are harnessing shirtless Mighty Wolfgang's sex appeal for marketing purposes.

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

No it won’t.. if anything you will do like me & other console players already do and prep everything your taking into a fight BEFORE you go into the fight.

And why is that? Honestly it seems like you are trying to worsen someone's experience simply because the consoles aren't 100% optimal for a mouse and keyboard game port.

+ I'm pretty sure literally anyone who isn't insane prepares items before the fight, for obvious reasons, you still can't move while crafting.

here is my attempt to make the menu already, if you still make adjustments to the scale, you can make it even more compact and better. on one filter icon so exactly, given that in this form you can make 3 rows of these filters

recraft.png.9202124ecd08dff5f7bca7abffb928ee.thumb.png.e7e0bf8f1c5a6a3458ddc976cb689f7c.png

this is what the closed menu looks like

recraft.png.9202124ecd08dff5f7bca7abffb928ee1.thumb.png.87267f1f34a460c4b069bfabb5d16d99.png

23 minutes ago, jan Mere said:

**** crab king. Summoning rain is only really useful for Pearl's quest. Do people on 69420 day worlds with gem farms and tons of spicy volt goat jelly need that extra damage? Houndius shootius and Winona's catapults exist.

its a way to make ck a little bit less trash

34 minutes ago, jan Mere said:

**** crab king. Summoning rain is only really useful for Pearl's quest. Do people on 69420 day worlds with gem farms and tons of spicy volt goat jelly need that extra damage? Houndius shootius and Winona's catapults exist.

????????

who is talking about dealing electric damage? is to have some "late game" thing to prevent wildfires plus giving a proper drop to CK

i wont waste more time arguing with you

3 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

but my friends are always asking where is certain stuff

Thank you. A big part of the old crafting UI was how unintuitive it was. New players woumd have a lot of trouble finding important items like backpacks and the walking cane. Why is the walking cane in the Dress tab? Why are bug nets and fishing rods(tools) in the survival tab? Survival and Structure tabs were really weird to me, those tabs felt like "Oh, if this item doesnt belong anywhere else, just dump them in there" and I could name a lot of other items.

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Rain item dropped by CK

Tbh, I'm not sure I want to see a rain item exactly. I know this was an exploit but I honestly really liked the old exploit where youd pen moslings for the entire year and use them. To me it was such a cool way of taking advantage of the Constant's creatures for your own well-being. Imagine if that was made into an actual feature with related items and structures, and more stuff was done with it including being able to summon rain at will.

I'm not against a rain item exactly, I'll def take a rain item over no rain item, but I think it would be really cool to do something a bit different and expansive :p

24 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Thank you. A big part of the old crafting UI was how unintuitive it was. New players woumd have a lot of trouble finding important items like backpacks and the walking cane. Why is the walking cane in the Dress tab? Why are bug nets and fishing rods(tools) in the survival tab? Survival and Structure tabs were really weird to me, those tabs felt like "Oh, if this item doesnt belong anywhere else, just dump them in there" and I could name a lot of other items

ye, survival was confusing because how generalist was. It included every "survival irl" related but that made the tab a mix of things like tools for hunting, items for healing, etc

structure was just a mess with birdcage in the bottom or crafting stations mixed with decorative items

24 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Tbh, I'm not sure I want to see a rain item exactly. I know this was an exploit but I honestly really liked the old exploit where youd pen moslings for the entire year and use them. To me it was such a cool way of taking advantage of the Constant's creatures for your own well-being. Imagine if that was made into an actual feature with related items and structures, and more stuff was done with it including being able to summon rain at will.

I'm not against a rain item exactly, I'll def take a rain item over no rain item, but I think it would be really cool to do something a bit different and expansive :p

why no both? the moosling pen would be a so original concept. We already pen gekkos for grass production why not making pens to produce rain, i just knew about it when was fixed (fixed with the promise of bringing a rain item...sad to see that they made an effort to fix that but they didnt fix more important and actually annoying things that dont require much time...) but i guess it also worked for getting overcharged as Wx

but having options is good plus CK needs a farmeable drop, not just a recipe, so having 3 options for rain is funnier than just having telelocator stuff or just making a pen, controlling rain will be a worthy reward for killing a boss like CK, also SW already has a conch based on legend of zelda, why no add it as a non crafteable item for a boss that drops conch? 2 birds 1 stone ny just porting 1 item instead of wasting time making complicated things that might not be very useful like the wildfires inmunity gave by giant trees, saving time on this can lead to new content quickly, you are fixing a problem without breaking dev brains

having options is fun, being limited to be in the caves, teleporting birds, turning off a feature or using mods (F for mike) is stupid and boring in the long term

Will the crafting changes include something like this? 

1.Trying to craft spear.

2.No rope but i have 3 grass.

3.Clicking rope in ingredient window instead of going to refine tab to craft it.

4. Now i can craft the missing ingredient and the spear in one tab.

4 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

sounds unnecessary because we know the game but my friends are always asking where is certain stuff

Having the same crafts under several different filters seems like a really crude way to alleviate that problem though, if it even is effective at all to be begin with. 

having winter gear for example under its own filter labelled with a snowflake and separate from other clothes like rain/heat protection and purely sanity clothes already seems like a perfect solution. Why would beef hat, winter hat, hibearnation vest etc also need to be in the dress tab? 

this new system already seems way better in helping newbies find what they’re looking for and not get lost in 10km long scroll bars or distracted with a huge pool of crafts in each tab.

I don’t think it needs to clutter itself with duplicate craft locations of the same items. 

So first of all: I think it's amazing how big this QOL is and how many important points are beeing tackled here after only 4 weeks since the last update!

And I'm so sad how much negativity you find in the forums sometimes... Klei for sure has worked hard on that stuff over the months and without even trying in an BETA for every point on that list someone is complaining...

I'm really excited and I think a lot of important stuff ist covered. Of course not everything, but that needs time so please give the developers that time! 

And now for the crafting GUI: 

• I can't understand that people think the old one was fine and should have stayed. It was not that bad, but it also was not good and it had many problems. For older players it was reasonable, but for new players it was so bad. I play a lot with friends that are new to DST and they never find the stuff they look for, even with telling them the category. Even after playing for a while players couldn't find stuff especially if it was new to the game. It also was endless scrolling (with resetting the list after shard change, so bundling wraps was a pain) and the tabs on the bottom in creative and mods.... Yes....
  • The new UI will invite new players to discover new recipes more. The current UI doesn't make them explore what else there is to craft. 
  • The amount of crafting recipes will not stay the same! We all want more turfs, decorations, new items and as we know now: Klei has big plans for the coming years. So in two years we should just scroll and search longer and longer? A search bar is just an insane mighty tool in every game and operating system and is one of the most important things they could have added. 
  • Yes the new interface is bigger. But why do people think it is cluttered? It is as simple as possible with only the necessary buttons we had before. Of course it will get used to. Everything new needs to get used to, just give it that time please. And don't forget: It's a preview of and beta! I personally think it will be so much more useful and less annoying than the old one and above all: Future proof!
  • I also liked the old icons but I think the search filters beeing monochrom is important for the GUI. Otherwise it would look a lot more cluttered, it helps  differentiate between categories and items. Everything around is colored and also the icons are really small, you can't compare that to the much bigger older items. 

Of course it will be a big change and take some getting used to. But it was much needed and I think after two months with the final design no one wants to go back... At least I hope  :grin:

21 hours ago, JoeW said:

Ancient Guardian has been reworked into a multi stage fight.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edit: Okay, I'm still so hyped but I calmed down to a reasonable level. Looking forward to the Deerclops change too, as the mechanic change most likely means that Wendy will be able to tank Deerclops without using potions on Abigail.

5 hours ago, Maksym.12 said:

here is my attempt to make the menu already, if you still make adjustments to the scale, you can make it even more compact and better. on one filter icon so exactly, given that in this form you can make 3 rows of these filters

recraft.png.9202124ecd08dff5f7bca7abffb928ee.thumb.png.e7e0bf8f1c5a6a3458ddc976cb689f7c.png

I think they made the description field bigger, so more text can fit in (especially for translations, because some languages have much longer words - currently the description is cut after two lines of text). That's because this layout is reasonable:

dst-crafting-ui.jpg.722832338e343b376bd9154a45f4bb1b.jpg

Archived