The March QOL Beta is Coming Monday!

12 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

In console you can lock a specific mob as a target, and your f will always attack that target even if other things are nearby.  Its very useful for fights like if you don't want to attack grumbles, no-eye'd deer, focus a specific hound / beefalo while kiting multiples etc.

sry idk if you've played console so idk if you are being cheeky or serious lol XD

nah, i was kidding because F vs ctrl +F is similar to that but not exactly the same

(Crafting menu has been redesigned. We are looking forward to your suggestions and feedback on the new system when the beta is released) DON'T! if it ain't broke, maybe DON'T try and "fix" it? (looks awful, and i objectively prefer the way it is now, its fine as a side bar, make it optional at least)

(Wolfgang tweaks and improvements)       

if you didn't squeeze it in with his rework, then prob best to leave him alone.(DON'T touch characters pre/post refreshes)

(Ancient Guardian has been reworked into a multi stage fight)                                   

ok, cool i guess?????

(Deerclops attack is now directional)           

ok mhmm, yea.....but why though????? 

(The loading screen now has tips and lore nuggets)                                                         

ok now, rob us old players of sharing what we learned. mainly the game just throws you in, no objectives, ifs, ands, or what's (why break the main great thing about the game????? (lore is ok i guess???? but not if you're gonna put in new stuff that may/may not contradict what's known now)

(Options screen has a description for each setting)                                                   

ok, so i need a description for the option "disconnect".....how dumb do you think we are?..... (even more so since it's for the actual options menu)

(Steam Cloud Save support)                       

ok, cool i guess.

i'm just saying

Excited but honestly I don't really like the new menu update either, I liked it better off on the side instead of a full on menu, quicker to use. This one seems invasive and clunky, I don't really see the point of it. Seems inconvenient.. There weren't many issues with the original one anyway 

Can't wait to test the crafting tab and how it feels using it in fights. 

This is something that kept bothering me, especially when i craft some things that require scrolling so much, like bundlewrap so i had to add mod that put it as first option in crafting menu.

Ancient Guardian is something everyone wanted changed for quite a long time, that's also really good that it is happening.

About Wolfgang, finally we get some tweaks that we asked about, i just hope it will satisfy majority of the playerbase.

5 minutes ago, SaxtonHale said:

i'm just saying

More like whining. 

1. It is broken. Many people complained about overload of items and scrolling and searching for items.

They are literally doing what we always ask them for, which is listen to the community. We spoke about it, this is their response. I for one I'm glad. 

2. Did you miss the absolute storm that happened after Wolfgang's rework? Same as above, we talked and they listened. What better time than when the rework is fairly fresh and people are willing to test it? 

3. Same issue. People asked for this. The fight was pretty broken and the boss felt forgotten compared to bosses like Bee Queen or Toadstool, while it's supposed to have much bigger lore implications and it felt anticlimactic. 

4. Deerclops' attack is very clearly on one side when it uses the ice spike attack. Having it hit everything in range behind was confusing and idk about you, but that cost my friends a death or two back when we were just starting, because they thought they could escape behind it while it attacked something else, only to be hit as well. 

5. We don't know what kind of tips they are. If it's "Build higher tier science to access more items" sort of thing, then it changes nothing, since it's obvious from the beginning. If it's key combinations, that's great. 

If it's actual tips that make the game too easy, the community will surely speak up about it. 

6. Some of us want to be 100% sure what we're doing, and need to double check. + It's options screen, not the "paused/unpaused" window. 

Just explaining. 

5 hours ago, JoeW said:

• Wolfgang tweaks and improvements.
  • Ancient Guardian has been reworked into a multi stage fight.
  • The loading screen now has tips and lore nuggets.
  • Steam Cloud Save support

*everybody liked that* :eagerness:

Seriously this could be a fantastic QOL. Looks like it will be, can't wait to play it Monday. 

Not a fan of the new ui. Its too big and bloated. Totally unnecessary, but whatever.

These types of menus are great for games focused on building or management, but for a survival game minimalistic is a much better approach, but considering how much survival content we have gotten in the past couple years the new ui makes sense unfortunatley.

I like the search function but condensing to the side like before would be nicer for the screen. They could do a "minimize" prompt like a browser window?

I feel bad for all the Wolfgang criticism, the devs are really churning out his fixes as quickly as possible. It's impressive.

11 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

the new crafting menu is looking a bit overcomplicated

is actually easier,you dont need to memorize where is the item, just the function

do you want to build a birdcage? go to structures or to food tab; do you want a fridge? go to food or (maybe) containers tab (chest tab), do you want a dark sword? go to weapons tab or magic, etc

are you new to the game? just check the symbols and is easy to guess the function instead of guessing what does that built from the structures/survival tab

the ammount of times i waste time looking for dark swords on the fighting tab, bird cages in the food tab or tackle receptacle on the science tab...now you will always find them

purely visually, it is probably worth making the crafting menu a little narrower and higher so that it does not take up so much space. and in the settings leave the option to independently select the type of crafting menu. It would also be great if you added a button to quickly launch the world from the list of worlds.

6 hours ago, Mantispidae said:

Огромный размер этого меню крафта кажется немного громоздким (у старого были свои недостатки, но мне нравилось, что оно занимало очень мало места, поэтому в нем было легко ориентироваться, занимаясь чем-то другим) — но я вижу много красивых вещей, таких как что похоже на систему закрепления, более конкретную сортировку и прочие мелочи

Давайте посмотрим, что бета делает для этого!

Также, надеюсь, что-то, что поднимет настроение любителям вольфганга.

only selected crafts and a button to open the full menu will be visible

6 hours ago, Mantispidae said:

Имейте в виду, что некоторые из этих активов потенциально являются заполнителями — например, этот зонт на самом деле вообще не соответствует, так что, вероятно, это один из них.

С учетом сказанного, я думаю, что это в основном вкладки сортировки «подразделов», а не сами вкладки крафта, они могут быть немного более простыми.

or they redesigned the filter system and it will become more logical, by the type of convenience it is a tool and a tent is a building, and for bifalo tools and buildings are separate

I like this new UI. Every item in a tab is on display and there's no more scrolling though a tab required. Couldn't ask for more from a technical side. Plus it's all organized. Like, having all the beefalo items lumped together with all tools felt messy.

Though beefalo bell could be moved from tools (as seen on the screenshot) to "saddle" tab.

I think the only thing this crafting UI needs is color for tab icons, just to give it personality it had before.

1 hour ago, SaxtonHale said:

These are all changes a very large number of people have been asking for.

As I've said before, as the game expands the number of crafting recipes is getting larger and larger. This is a change that was going to happen sooner or later, it makes no sense to hold changes like these back. 

With feedback we can hope for adjustable sizes for the UI, just like how feedback gave us these changes in the first place 

Just now, minespatch said:

All the crafting menu needs is a miniature button so the menu can shrink. Just like a browser.

seems like, unless you open it, you will only see the crafting buttom (right now the structure symbol because of wip) and the favourite recipes so it will take as much space as the current crafting bar

unless you mean an option to make the whole menu smaller which would be cool so it doesnt cover half screen

9 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Yeah, something to collapse the menu so you can close and open. A simple request.

yep, i think that is the function of the "structure" icon buttom. To open and close the entire crafting menu so if you close it you will only have on screen the favourite recipes pinned on them and the crafting buttom that open the menu

would be a horrible desing to have that huge window 24/7 xD

i would also love some kind of setting to choose the "filters" because i might not need some of them but i would like others instead but maybe is asking too much or a way to make the whole menu smaller

just for being able to have direct access to ropes+bundle wrap+dark sword this change is worthy imo

1 hour ago, SaxtonHale said:

(The loading screen now has tips and lore nuggets)                                                         

ok now, rob us old players of sharing what we learned. mainly the game just throws you in, no objectives, ifs, ands, or what's (why break the main great thing about the game????? (lore is ok i guess???? but not if you're gonna put in new stuff that may/may not contradict what's blah blah

standard dst "veteran" that bothers himself more on the experience a new player is gonna go through instead of their own experience.

Archived