The March QOL Beta is Coming Monday!

Love everything about it, I'm really excited to try out the new AG fight.
the new crafting ui looks great and seems to have a lot of functionalities to make it much more personalized and user friendly
I assume the Tab icons are temporary art but one think that I don't quite like from that preview is that crafting tabs seem to be divided
there is one tab from spears and one tab for armor from what it seems, I feel like it was fine when they were one fight tab (obviously i have no idea what goes into the decision making behind that maybe there is a truck load of armor coming soon) I think it would be better to minimize the amounts of tabs a bit.

but I will patiently wait to see it ingame before making a final decision :D

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

Hey everybody. We just wanted to let you know that the beta for the next big QOL update will be coming up on the 28th. 

We're making some pretty big changes so we want to make sure we get some good testing and feedback in before it heads out to the live branch for everybody to play. 

What's in the beta:

• Crafting menu has been redesigned. We are looking forward to your suggestions and feedback on the new system when the beta is released.
  • Wolfgang tweaks and improvements.
  • Ancient Guardian has been reworked into a multi stage fight.
  • Deerclops attack is now directional.
  • The loading screen now has tips and lore nuggets.
  • Options screen has a description for each setting.
  • Steam Cloud Save support

I have a teaser image to share with you. It has some temp art in it still, but we think you'll find it interesting. 

recraft.png

See you Monday!

What if we can still get the old crafting UI by changing it in the settings like how you guys did with the backpack

39 minutes ago, Mx-Pain said:

Not sure if the star at the top-left mean what I'm gonna type, but I hope it does.

Hope is for add your favorite stuff to craft, like shortcuts

I was thinking it would be like the nested tabs from Solo DS with a Brain of Thought equipped, but in this case for Modded Tabs & Tabs that require a special station like Ancient Pseudoscience and Celestial Orb, but that could also be a good idea.

In that case then, I think the little craft slots under the Big Hammer would be most used crafts that you specifically chose, then the Star tab would be recently crafted or commonly crafted items?

Although it would probably be a better idea for the Star tab to be like the nested tabs so the modders don't have to suffer with extra work just to have their mods working with the new system.

Ah nevermind it seems I confused what tab you were referring to. The Asterisk Tab could be the nested tabs.

*prays for console QoL features(GRID PLACING)* But no this looks like a good work in progress. I know its hovered over the axe but maybe add a "Build x" next to the build button for things like rope or planks. I'm assuming the star means favorite? That sounds so good instead of having to scroll through a bunch. Keep up the great work guys!

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

Hey everybody. We just wanted to let you know that the beta for the next big QOL update will be coming up on the 28th. 

We're making some pretty big changes so we want to make sure we get some good testing and feedback in before it heads out to the live branch for everybody to play. 

What's in the beta:

• Crafting menu has been redesigned. We are looking forward to your suggestions and feedback on the new system when the beta is released.
  • Wolfgang tweaks and improvements.
  • Ancient Guardian has been reworked into a multi stage fight.
  • Deerclops attack is now directional.
  • The loading screen now has tips and lore nuggets.
  • Options screen has a description for each setting.
  • Steam Cloud Save support

I have a teaser image to share with you. It has some temp art in it still, but we think you'll find it interesting. 

recraft.png

See you Monday!

Please for the love of god let the Wolfgang tweaks make it so you don't have to stand still to stay mighty, the most fun i've ever had was with Wolfgang but being wimpy all the time or stopping all the time really makes him a drag of a character.

33 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

I've a bad feeling this is gonna break a ton of mods on update, mod creators gonna have to work overtime to update their mods to work with the changes.

kleis usually super super good about mod compatibility, i imagine (and hope) that the innards of this will somehow be made in such a way that modded recipes from the old system are sorted into the nearest equivalent tabs.

4 minutes ago, ZTheNecromancer said:

I can see why, but I see a few that would probably be better off fused together. Ex:

image.png.1c1a0c296c7b5ceef8354e20ad060415.png

and

image.png.58b311f7ed746c17ebe82277c3c4bdeb.png

the first pair helps the players to now about which one is useful on each season (you forgot to add the umbrella symbol) but is true that the second pair arent neccesary

is quality of life not souposed to make life more easy? i dont see my life gettin more easy whit 10 more taps wich half of them would only have like 5 items, alsol what i like whit the old taps is that they turn green when you got items on you that can be used to craft something in that tap, now its full of nightmare fuel

Also, from what it seems, Wolfgang may actually gain Might from attacking.

The Might meter has a distinctive green border compared to the rest of the meters, which implies it is being replenished. To support this, also in the picture we see Wolfgang actively attacking at the same time.

Hitting.png.62ee15251bd013a37da4217b3fdc4e85.png

30 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

is like filters to help new players

These filters will also be a HUGE when playing with mods especially, it will be much less of a hassle to find what you want when everything's so perfectly organized! My organizing OCD is so happy lol :wilson_laugh:!

6 minutes ago, . . . said:

These filters will also be a HUGE when playing with mods especially, it will be much less of a hassle to find what you want when everything's so perfectly organized! My organizing OCD is so happy lol :wilson_laugh:!

people seems to dont understand that now you have rods and beefalo beel in the tool tab but also you have the saddle tab with the beefalo bell+saddle and the fishing tab with the rodsd+lures

the same for dress tab and seasonal tabs, the seasonal includes the survival+dress item used on that season but the dress tab includes all dress items

so if mods include the tags for the filters their crafting items will be easier to find and understand

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Not a fan of the new UI.. the old one was mostly fine, though I do get the feeling it might make PC players now need to stand completely still like us Console players to craft things: and if that’s the case LMAO it’s going to be a massive “game changing” change to them.

why you asume it will lock the character?

Not a fan of the new UI.. the old one was mostly fine, though I do get the feeling it might make PC players now need to stand completely still like us Console players to craft things: and if that’s the case LMAO it’s going to be a massive “game changing” change to them.

However: Any changes that get PC & Console closer to playing roughly the same so that we get one step closer to that Cross-Compatibility I guess I can understand.

I just know that if PC DOES now need to stand still like Console players crafting: there’s going to be even more angry/upset players then there was over Wolfgang Feedback.

If nothing else.. It’ll be entertaining to read the comments for a few weeks while the Beta is on-going.

Ancient Guardian rework looks pretty cool though, hopefully it’s new phases are fun.

Archived